• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a family of 5 staying SV CL in early September. I'd like to get a room with a full balcony and a daybed. Are there any particular locations to request that make this more likely? For instance, are most of these rooms near the elevators, or are they more towards the ends of the buildings?

We are a family of 5 staying SV CL in early September. I'd like to get a room with a full balcony and a daybed. Are there any particular locations to request that make this more likely? For instance, are most of these rooms near the elevators, or are they more towards the ends of the buildings?

They are scattered all over the fifth floor. Your view will most likely be a roof. Most of the SV CL have full balconies.

They are scattered all over the fifth floor. Your view will most likely be a roof. Most of the SV CL have full balconies.

The view is ok - the balcony is for morning coffee. I need to have about 20 minutes of peace in the morning before I turn into a normal person. I could be looking at a roof or an air conditioner and would be happy as long as I'm not looking at my two boys bickering first thing. :rotfl2:

Just back from our first trip to the Beach Club. I have some mixed feelings about our stay.

I requested a room with a full balcony and a rollaway bed. We ended up on the first floor so we had a patio instead of a balcony. I was torn between staying with that room or asking to be moved. I decided to stay but should have asked to move. I couldn't really enjoy the patio because there were lots of lizards and always bugs and bees in the flowers around the patio. I missed sitting outside enjoying my morning coffee.

The room was large with a view of the lake and boardwalk. The master had a king bed and couch and the sitting room had a daybed. Both rooms had a flatscreen tv. The furniture was a little worn with a lot of scratches on the coffee table and night table. There was plenty of dresser and closet space. My rollaway bed wasn't there when we arrived so I called housekeeping to ask for one. This was the only time I've ever been less than happy with the attitude of a Disney employee. She said she would do what she could but I would have to pay $15 each night for the bed. I said fine but I was told the bed was complimentary. She told me I should talk to the concierge if that's what I was told.

We went out to explore the resort and get a bite to eat and when we returned, still no bed. I went up to the club and asked them to make a call. A few minutes later the bed was delivered.

SAB was great we would go and spend time there and then go over to the quiet pool for some family swim time.

We had dinner at the Captain's Grille and Cape May. Lunch at Beaches and Cream. We loved the Captain's Grille. It wasn't crowded, the food was great and the waitress was wonderful. Cape May has always been one or our favorites and still is. Beaches and Cream was also a lot of fun.

You can't beat the Beach Club location. We walked over to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and went over to the Boardwalk a few times. We also had dinner at Todd English Bluezoo and walked over there.

I was very pleased with the bus service. We took buses to DTD, AK and MK and back. Never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus.

Now for my biggest disappointment, the Club. We've stayed club level at the Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge. Both of those clubs were much better than the Beach Club. The morning and mid day snack offerings were very similar between the 3 resorts. However, the Beach Club was really lacking for evening and desert offerings. They only had 2 hot offerings each night, nothing was ever labeled, no cast member in lounge to identify foods and not very plentiful. The hot items were always some kind of fried puff, usually a little over fried and greasy. One night there weren't any plates so there was a group of people waiting for the plates to come. Finally someone went out to the desk to asked for the plates. Another night we had to wait because the hot puffs had run out. Desert was always some kind of chocolate or fruit parfait, and brownies or cupcakes. Not much of a selection.

When we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge last year they had 2 hot dishes as well as one or 2 kinds of puff and sometimes they even had sushi. The club level cast members were very friendly and would walk around the club talking to the guests. They had a different kind of cobbler each night as well as brownies, cupcakes, and parfaits. The food was much more plentiful.

I would like to see the Beach Club improve on the Club and also update some of the furniture and carpet. The hallway leading to our room had spots around the windows that looked like someone dropped bleach.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Beach Club. SAB is definitely the best pool and it's nice to have so many places to eat from casual to fine dining. The walks to Hollywood Studios and Epcot were very pleasant.

Just back from our first trip to the Beach Club. I have some mixed feelings about our stay.

I requested a room with a full balcony and a rollaway bed. We ended up on the first floor so we had a patio instead of a balcony. I was torn between staying with that room or asking to be moved. I decided to stay but should have asked to move. I couldn't really enjoy the patio because there were lots of lizards and always bugs and bees in the flowers around the patio. I missed sitting outside enjoying my morning coffee.

The room was large with a view of the lake and boardwalk. The master had a king bed and couch and the sitting room had a daybed. Both rooms had a flatscreen tv. The furniture was a little worn with a lot of scratches on the coffee table and night table. There was plenty of dresser and closet space. My rollaway bed wasn't there when we arrived so I called housekeeping to ask for one. This was the only time I've ever been less than happy with the attitude of a Disney employee. She said she would do what she could but I would have to pay $15 each night for the bed. I said fine but I was told the bed was complimentary. She told me I should talk to the concierge if that's what I was told.

We went out to explore the resort and get a bite to eat and when we returned, still no bed. I went up to the club and asked them to make a call. A few minutes later the bed was delivered.

SAB was great we would go and spend time there and then go over to the quiet pool for some family swim time.

We had dinner at the Captain's Grille and Cape May. Lunch at Beaches and Cream. We loved the Captain's Grille. It wasn't crowded, the food was great and the waitress was wonderful. Cape May has always been one or our favorites and still is. Beaches and Cream was also a lot of fun.

You can't beat the Beach Club location. We walked over to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and went over to the Boardwalk a few times. We also had dinner at Todd English Bluezoo and walked over there.

I was very pleased with the bus service. We took buses to DTD, AK and MK and back. Never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus.

Now for my biggest disappointment, the Club. We've stayed club level at the Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge. Both of those clubs were much better than the Beach Club. The morning and mid day snack offerings were very similar between the 3 resorts. However, the Beach Club was really lacking for evening and desert offerings. They only had 2 hot offerings each night, nothing was ever labeled, no cast member in lounge to identify foods and not very plentiful. The hot items were always some kind of fried puff, usually a little over fried and greasy. One night there weren't any plates so there was a group of people waiting for the plates to come. Finally someone went out to the desk to asked for the plates. Another night we had to wait because the hot puffs had run out. Desert was always some kind of chocolate or fruit parfait, and brownies or cupcakes. Not much of a selection.

When we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge last year they had 2 hot dishes as well as one or 2 kinds of puff and sometimes they even had sushi. The club level cast members were very friendly and would walk around the club talking to the guests. They had a different kind of cobbler each night as well as brownies, cupcakes, and parfaits. The food was much more plentiful.

I would like to see the Beach Club improve on the Club and also update some of the furniture and carpet. The hallway leading to our room had spots around the windows that looked like someone dropped bleach.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Beach Club. SAB is definitely the best pool and it's nice to have so many places to eat from casual to fine dining. The walks to Hollywood Studios and Epcot were very pleasant.

We had a very similar experience with the BC CL. We've tried it a couple of times and I don't think we will return there... which is a shame because the resort itself is lovely. You should try Poly CL and YC CL. You might like those better. :thumbsup2

We had a very similar experience with the BC CL. We've tried it a couple of times and I don't think we will return there... which is a shame because the resort itself is lovely. You should try Poly CL and YC CL. You might like those better. :thumbsup2

The BC CL and YC CL are the same. Same menu items each night, same everything. Some CMs work both sides. Same managers. So if you noticed changes between staying at the BC CL one year and then the next year at the YC CL, or vice versa, whatever changes made in the menu on one side will be identical on the other. Hopefully with the renovations taking place next year, you will give it another try.

Dee - phew , I needed coffee and so I came here to check it out and low and behold you had a pot brewing for us ! Thanks

Couchy, 1 day!! I'm so jealous! Next Saturday at this time our plane will have just landed, but I can hardly stand the wait. Enjoy your time at SAB and the World.:)

*snip*

*snip*

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. Sorry to hear that the club lounge was disappointing.

I would like to request that when you have a moment, you write about your stay to the General Manager of the Beach & Yacht Club. If you could specifically outline some of the things you liked about the lounges at other resorts compared to the one at the Beach Club, that would help her to know what the focus should be for making improvements.

The address is:

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Thank you!

Erika, since you have mentioned similar concerns, it would be helpful for you to send a letter as well. Especially since you have been able to visit club level at many of the Disney resorts, your input about what you like and what you don't like, would be very valuable.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. Sorry to hear that the club lounge was disappointing.

I would like to request that when you have a moment, you write about your stay to the General Manager of the Beach & Yacht Club. If you could specifically outline some of the things you liked about the lounges at other resorts compared to the one at the Beach Club, that would help her to know what the focus should be for making improvements.

The address is:

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Thank you!

Erika, since you have mentioned similar concerns, it would be helpful for you to send a letter as well. Especially since you have been able to visit club level at many of the Disney resorts, your input about what you like and what you don't like, would be very valuable.

Thanks natebenma, That's a great idea! As I mentioned there are so many things that I love about the Beach Club but I don't know if I would go back unless some changes were made to the club.

How many entrances to the main pool are there.. where exactly can you enter.. also is that a walkway I see on the map around the Beach Club villa's with easier access to Epcot walkway???

yacht-beach-club-disney-map.jpg

Are the renovations being made to the YC CL too, or just the BC CL?

We like staying at the YC, the lobby in the BC is just too busy with people waiting for Cape May.

Teena, how is Bob this morning, back to his old self?

Today is our 28th wedding anniversary...trying to decide if I am more excited about that or the fact we will be celebrating it with a stay at the YC in two weeks! :cool1:

Absolutely! Although early morning coffee honors go to Robyn for her triumphant journey today to return to her Beach Club home.

Looks like you may have the honors next!

Monday morning. I have a 7 am flight so let's see if I remember to post when I wake up and am on the way to the airport :surfweb:

Love these chairs:thumbsup2

We are off to a SAB. Intended on an early morning at HS, but we were up waaaay too late last night. Had some pretty strong rain yesterday afternoon, but weather last night was fabulous! A special club cast member made my daughters some blinged out birthday buttons with jewels and stickers...too cute. Breakfast in lounge was nice. Love that they have hard boiled eggs.

Have a great day!
Sounds fun. I can't wait to be there:beach:

All of the stories about DHs packing have made me laugh out loud :lmao:

My DH travels all the time for work (domestic and international) and so he is a professional packer. He leaves for a 2 week China trip with a backpack and a carry -on :faint: It literally takes him about 7 mins to fully pack and his very small suitcase it stocked and prepared for any emergency. And he does it right before we walk out the door :eek:

We fly out Sept 1st and I will prob start packing the last week of August....it's fun to be obsessive about WDW to me :dance3:

DH also waits until the last minute but sometimes he forgets important things. He had to go to a Mountain Bike festival this weekend for work. I normally go with him so I pack everything. He packed this morning at 5am and had to leave at 6. He called because he forgot his pillow, sleeping bag and rain jacket. :rolleyes1

Couchy, 1 day!! I'm so jealous! Next Saturday at this time our plane will have just landed, but I can hardly stand the wait. Enjoy your time at SAB and the World.:)

It's actually 2 days but I just did not ever get around to fixing the ticker... Either way it won't be long now:banana:

Are the renovations being made to the YC CL too, or just the BC CL?

We like staying at the YC, the lobby in the BC is just too busy with people waiting for Cape May.

Teena, how is Bob this morning, back to his old self?

The entire resort, just like all WDW resorts, is going through a rehab. They all do about every five years or so.

Bob's neck is still very swollen and red. His throat inside feels much better and he is driving me crazy with wanting me to drive him to Starbucks, etc. So I guess he's better. He's still sleeping much more than normal. I have to keep telling myself it hasn't been a week yet. Back 20 years ago, he would have been in the hospital for 5 days.

How many entrances to the main pool are there.. where exactly can you enter..

We haven't been there in a few years, but when we were the entrance to the pool was near Beaches and Cream. The CM's pass out wristbands and you have to have one to get in. I don't know if there are any other entrances.

also is that a walkway I see on the map around the Beach Club villa's with easier access to Epcot walkway???
Yes, that is a walkway from the villas to the Epcot walkway. It is very convenient to get to Epcot via that walkway. You don't have to go into the main BC building at all.

How many entrances to the main pool are there..

We haven't been there in a few years, but when we were the entrance to the pool was near Beaches and Cream. The CM's pass out wristbands and you have to have one to get in. I don't know if there are any other entrances.

It has been 3 years since we have been there, but we used an entrance from the pathway in between the shipwreck slide and Stormalong Bay. I think it was near Hurricane Hanna's and the entry point was close to the pool where the slide dumps out.

Are there any entrances other than the B&C entrance on the Yacht Club side?

Dee, as much as I hate to leave this lovely thread, please remove me from the BOG list :sad2: CR opened up a few days and we can now get our entire stay under the convention rate, so we just extended our stay over there (instead of moving to YC after convention at CR).

I am sure I will look longingly at SAB when I stroll the Boardwalk, but I couldn't justify the extra $1000 to DH, although I tried :teacher:

Thank you all for being such lovely hosts on this thread, and I will still stop by to check on you all and read the fun posts. popcorn::

It has been 3 years since we have been there, but we used an entrance from the pathway in between the shipwreck slide and Stormalong Bay. I think it was near Hurricane Hanna's and the entry point was close to the pool where the slide dumps out.

Are there any entrances other than the B&C entrance on the Yacht Club side?

Yep, there's another entrance sort of half way in between Yachtsman Steakhouse and Captain's Grill. That's the one we use with Princess Lily since it is closest to the zero entry sandy area.

Bob's neck is still very swollen and red. His throat inside feels much better and he is driving me crazy with wanting me to drive him to Starbucks, etc. So I guess he's better. He's still sleeping much more than normal. I have to keep telling myself it hasn't been a week yet. Back 20 years ago, he would have been in the hospital for 5 days.

So glad to hear this. They can do so much more with outpatient now. And love the Starbucks thing. Maybe a few of those will perk him up :thumbsup2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter