2013 Wedding?

PrincessRhi

Mouseketeer
I'm so glad this board is here! And really can't believe it's almost my turn to get one of those journals up and running. EEK. I know what I'd like, and it seems like things can be flexible, but aside from checking out the website and making initial contacts-- I'm LOST! If anyone has any experience with anything and can offer suggestions, please help!

Here are some basic stats:
-both in our 30s, no kids. We've known each other since HS. awwww.
-unofficial/unfinished guest list of about 70 adults, 25 kids-- all from out of state
-budget is somewhat open thanks to savings on our part and family wanting to contribute, but of course-- the cheaper the better.
-neither of us want anything 'formal'-- NO dinner/dancing reception
-a photographer is the one place I refuse to skimp
-thinking maybe hurricane season (which also might be hard for friends who have kids)

I'd love something outdoor in the early afternoon, sundresses and leis for the women, button downs and khaki shorts for the men, and our guests can be casual. My eye has been caught by Shipwreck Beach, the croquet lawn at the Boardwalk, Tamu Tamu, and a few of the locations at the Swan and Dolphin. However, I really only want a small ceremony and maybe a passed lunch and cocktail party with cupcakes after the ceremony, so I think that time of day/size might cross a few locations off the list (we've already excluded some Epcot locations).

Now the part that I think might be a bit crazier is that we'd love to hit a park with our guests (optional for them, of course), ride a few rides, eat some cloudberry horns, then treat whoever comes along or meets us there to dinner. And then anyone left standing can join us at Jellyrolls or Kimonos or what have you.

I know this sounds like a crazy mess of a wedding, but Disney is a place where tons of our memories have been made with families, friends, and together as a couple. I would love to add this one to the bucket.

Has anyone ever included a day in the park with their wedding day?

I just wanted to say congratulations. :lovestruc

We're having a tiny wedding compared to your group, so I don't think I can offer much help. I think you plans sound like fabulous!

Thanks! A few people have said it sounds a little out there, but it's our day and what we want to do. Assuming the logistics work, why not?

I think our invite list will be WAY more ambitious than what will actually show up. I don't think people will come down for it due to cost, work, and the lovely fighting and family drama. Quite honestly, it was the main reason I've never wanted a wedding (especially after the drama around my brother's wedding), but I only live once. Why should the people who are going to ruin the day force my hand? If they try it will only make for good stories later.... I hope! :)

Thanks! A few people have said it sounds a little out there, but it's our day and what we want to do. Assuming the logistics work, why not?

I think our invite list will be WAY more ambitious than what will actually show up. I don't think people will come down for it due to cost, work, and the lovely fighting and family drama. Quite honestly, it was the main reason I've never wanted a wedding (especially after the drama around my brother's wedding), but I only live once. Why should the people who are going to ruin the day force my hand? If they try it will only make for good stories later.... I hope! :)

I think we can all relate. I specifically chose a venue that can only hold 8 people for that reason :rotfl:

I really considered Characters in Flight until I realized that I have a great group of friends that I know will definitely show up and be happy about being there... and they wouldn't all fit unless we did two trips. :)

I wish I could narrow it down to 8 people! I'm kind of jealous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter