2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a garden view booked for Easter week. I did not request daybed because I was hoping they would accommodate us since we are a family of 5. My request was a full balcony. Later I added 4th floor, hoping that maybe I'd get a refurbished room. Reading this post, I probably won't be able to get my requests since they might be canceling each other out??? I just want our first time at a deluxe (and only second time ever at Disney) to be "magical" but I might be worrying a tad too much.

You are probably over thinking it. Don't request too much. A full balcony and a day bed are not too much to ask. I don't know if adding in the hope of a refurb room might push it. You have to leave some room for magic! :)

I have a garden view booked for Easter week. I did not request daybed because I was hoping they would accommodate us since we are a family of 5. My request was a full balcony. Later I added 4th floor, hoping that maybe I'd get a refurbished room. Reading this post, I probably won't be able to get my requests since they might be canceling each other out??? I just want our first time at a deluxe (and only second time ever at Disney) to be "magical" but I might be worrying a tad too much.

Don't worry you are not alone. Our stay isn't until September and I am already trying to determine our preferences. :). Good luck on getting a magical room. pixiedust:

It seems like the club level floor has the shortage of daybeds. It is probably because so many of those rooms have the dormer balconies and just aren't spacious enough for them.

We've never stayed club level and we've always gotten a daybed when we traveled with our family of five. We've even gotten a daybed when there was just the two of us.

I think your best bet is to NOT do online check in and just wait until you get to the resort and check in at the front desk. You can then discuss what you need and see if they can match you up with a good fit. Pick your most important request and then go from there. Remember also that requests are not guaranteed. Also try not to over think your stay and worry too much. When we are at home we have all this time to worry about our stays. Then we get to WDW and we hit the ground running so to speak. You are going to have a great time so try to relax and not worry too much! :hug:

~NM

I am so excited! I've been stalking a room at the Beach Club for the last part of our vacation, and one finally opened up! We'll be at the BC CL instead of the YC CL. I do love both sides, but the BC has my heart! So happy!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited! I've been stalking a room at the Beach Club for the last part of our vacation, and one finally opened up! We'll be at the BC CL instead of the YC CL. I do love both sides, but the BC has my heart! So happy!!!!!!!!!!

Good job Alice!! Wait until you see the newly renovated Club Level lounge... it will knock your socks off! : )

~NM

It seems like the club level floor has the shortage of daybeds. It is probably because so many of those rooms have the dormer balconies and just aren't spacious enough for them.

We've never stayed club level and we've always gotten a daybed when we traveled with our family of five. We've even gotten a daybed when there was just the two of us.

I think you are right that it's a problem mainly on club level. Sadly, the dormer rooms are also somewhat smaller than the other rooms, so the rollaway makes it pretty awful to have to deal with. Even if you had a full balcony, you would not be able to use it, because the rollaway completely blocks access. I think if you really want that daybed, you have to get to the hotel early in the day. When we arrive early, we get a daybed. The last time we arrived around 3ish, and that was the only room left. I saw some couples without kids in rooms with daybeds, so some of it is what happens to be available when you check in. For a one night stay, I wouldn't sweat having to be crammed in with a rollaway.

Ninja Mom update! (off topic)

I'm getting ready to head to WDW next week with the family for a stay at Caribbean Beach resort. We have Hoop Dee Doo on tap and I've bought the family black cowboy hats with silver sheriff's stars that light up to wear to the show. We will all be wearing black shirts with red bandannas. I can't wait for that night!! We have never been to Hoop Dee Doo but I know we are in for a treat. My Dad loves corny jokes so I think he will be in heaven.

We are also going fishing. This is something that Disney really excels at so I recommend you try it if you are so inclined. The fishing charters take place at many of the resorts so it's easy to get to. The guide will help you do things like bait the hook or get the fish off if you can't manage that yourself. There is a limit of 5 people in the boat and Disney supplies all the rods and bait. It's catch and release. I think it's around $250 for a 2 hour trip. That is money well spent for a ton of fun. We each catch MANY fish during the two hours.

I am also taking my Dad on the Magic behind the Steam Trains tour. No special outfits for that but we are really looking forward to it. Some of the other family members have booked the Backstage Magic tour. My Niece also has an appointment at Bippity Boppity Boutique so I'm counting on some Glitter filled hugs from her. Somewhere along the line we are fitting in a dinner at the Biergarten and a breakfast at the Crystal Palace. It will be one busy week and I'm really excited to get away from the cold for awhile.

So that's the update from me. For those of you stuck at work or buried up to your neck in snow know that I will be thinking of you as I run foot loose and fancy free through WDW. You will find yourself back at the Kingdom before you know it. Until then I hope to get in an update for you during the trip.

:hug:

~NM

I'll be anxious to hear about Hoop De Doo as we have never been but do have a reservation in August and make sure to take plenty of pictures and share...would love to see the cowboy outfits :).

I'll try not to clog this threads with updates for the next few days but we had a great afternoon and night after our ridiculous delay. Arrived at us at 5. Mummy, ate at leaky cauldron, Simpsons, transformers, rip ride rocket, men in have a great day, escape from gringotts. We surprised kids with club level so breakfast at 7 then islands of adventure at 8. Have a magical day everyone.

Glad you finally made out of here Dee...have a great time!!!!

Have a great time at Universal, Dee!! Glad to hear you didn't get stuck on platform 9 3/4....

So...when making room requests should I do it through reservations or, since we are staying club level, can I just email the concierge with the request? Oh, and we'll be at the Biergarten in June...NM, PM me your address and I'll ship a box of pretzel rolls to you! LOL!!!

Does anyone know if there are many rooms (how many?) that meet the following description: Beach Club, Club Level (5th floor) Standard Room, Water/Lagoon View, Large Balcony, King Bed?

Yup, Room 5683, it's on a corner overlooking SAB, HUGE balcony, king bed. I stayed there in June. I posted pictures on the last BC thread but not sure how to post a link to them. I'll figure it out!

Does anyone know if there are many rooms (how many?) that meet the following description: Beach Club, Club Level (5th floor) Standard Room, Water/Lagoon View, Large Balcony, King Bed?
Sorry, the specific information you are looking for (number of rooms with specific views/accomodations) is not available The moderator of this thread (NateBenMa) has graciously volunteered with WDW to spend an extended stay to determine this exact information. Sadly, they have not yet responded to her offer.

Getting excited to leave next weekend! Are there any live updates on the construction at the pool? It's looking like it actually might be warm enough to swim and I'm just curious to see what is still closed.

Southwest Flight release info alert.
I just spoke to the elves that work at Southwest Airlines. To confirm what has been reported before, Southwest will release the next round of flights on Feb. 19th. Of course this does not help Ninja Mom who needs some December flights. Those will be released around June. One of the really helpful things I learned from the conversation with the elf was that when they release this next batch of flights they can tell you when they will release the next batch.

So that's the dispatch on the batch match.

~NM
The next Southwest Airlines schedule extension is loaded and ready to accept bookings thru Friday, 10/30/2015.

The next Southwest Airlines schedule extension is loaded and ready to accept bookings thru Friday, 10/30/2015.
Thanks so much for the update! Is there any indication when the next extension will be? Patiently waiting for December....

Thanks so much for the update! Is there any indication when the next extension will be? Patiently waiting for December....

From Southwest:

"On May 14, 2015, we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2016. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.)"

Anyone wanting to book for the next extension will want to check early in the morning on May 14 {or whatever the next date will be} for availability, as this next extension will include Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year. That will include me!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter