2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
All standard view rooms have a view of a parking lot or roof. Most of them overlook the front of the resort ... but if you look past the roof, they say you can see the Wishes fireworks.

Thanks Teena! It's not that important since it's only a 3 night stay. In over 15 YC stays, I don't think we've ever stayed standard. Just wondered if I should bother putting in a room request.

I hope it didn't come across that I don't appreciate the work that everyone does to keep the thread updated on renovations, because as a first timer to the Beach Club this thread has helped me so much!

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! It's just really kind of comical when you go back over the last twenty pages or so and look at what everyone has been asking and saying they heard. I totally understand and really do appreciate that people will pop in here and ask questions about the BC/BCV/YC as I learn so much from the answers the experts give to them. There is so much misinformation out there that it makes sense for people to ask. Keep asking questions. I still have a lot to learn. As I said, it's just comical the amount of misinformation others are willing to post about the BC/BCV/YC and then what are you suppose to do? You came to the right place and asked the right question.

Katesdad

Dee, I tried to send you a response in your PM box and it is full.
I lost track of the BC Renno" thread you posted to. Please feel free to use my replay as a quote on page 1 if you feel it will help others. I agree that the WDW Magic focus is a bit skewed and I understand why folks would be upset. The BC reno is NOTHING like the current Poly reconfiguration.
And further, if I ever post something that you feel will help others, feel free to quote and place it where you feel it is best situated. I would be honored :banana:

Does anyone decorate their windows at YC? I've stayed at value and moderate resorts and love the decorations. Just wondering if they are allowed at the Deluxe resorts, and if so, do guests decorate? First time staying at YC in 10 days!!

Does anyone decorate their windows at YC? I've stayed at value and moderate resorts and love the decorations. Just wondering if they are allowed at the Deluxe resorts, and if so, do guests decorate? First time staying at YC in 10 days!!

you can decorate them, but because they are balconies, people don't see them the way you do at a Value or Mod. I have seen people put battery operated lights on their balcony, but again, they aren't really visible as there isn't many with a walkway next to the doors

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! It's just really kind of comical when you go back over the last twenty pages or so and look at what everyone has been asking and saying they heard. I totally understand and really do appreciate that people will pop in here and ask questions about the BC/BCV/YC as I learn so much from the answers the experts give to them. There is so much misinformation out there that it makes sense for people to ask. Keep asking questions. I still have a lot to learn. As I said, it's just comical the amount of misinformation others are willing to post about the BC/BCV/YC and then what are you suppose to do? You came to the right place and asked the right question. Katesdad

Whew! Thanks :)

Of all the threads that I've followed and participated in, this one is by far the friendliest. I love that there is no drama. I'm sure I will be asking many more questions as we start planning the trip and it's nice to know there is a reliable place to get answers :)

First time Yacht Club visit in...10 sleeps! So excited! :yay:

Where do we go to get our refillable mugs refilled during our stay?

Thanks!

page 79-80

Our last morning (Sunday) was picture perfect.

We walked over to the Boardwalk for a light breakfast, and for sandwiches to eat on the road. We used the last of our QS meals on our purchases.

Checkout was a breeze, and we were on the road (to NY) by 9:15. The weather was stunning our entire ride home. We drove an interior mountain route, breathtaking this time of year. DS's went back to school yesterday, DH & I go back to work today. Over dinner last night we all agreed this is the best Disney Vacation we've experienced....

I thank you, all. The information on this thread made our time even more Magical!

~ Jessica
:lovestruc

2002 ~ Beach Club Water View
2007 ~ Beach Club Club Level
2014 ~ Yacht Club Garden View

Thanks, again, for your great reports. Always glad to hear when a family has the best trip ever!

:goodvibes:

Thank you for another amazing thread, Dee! :cheer2: (Although I rarely post, have followed along for years.)

:wave2:

Good to see you and thanks for following along. I appreciate your kind words!

:hug:

Dee, I tried to send you a response in your PM box and it is full.
I lost track of the BC Renno" thread you posted to. Please feel free to use my replay as a quote on page 1 if you feel it will help others. I agree that the WDW Magic focus is a bit skewed and I understand why folks would be upset. The BC reno is NOTHING like the current Poly reconfiguration.
And further, if I ever post something that you feel will help others, feel free to quote and place it where you feel it is best situated. I would be honored :banana:

A tale as old as time...

I don't do a very good job clearing my private message box. When I do, I only delete a message or two at a time.

STOP.LAUGHING.JANET!!!

The blog post that has been recently circulating about the Beach Club renovation (which is actually a Beach AND Yacht Club reno) did have some accurate info, but unfortunately the way it was worded led to some real, but unfounded, concern for guests. And the information was assumed to be credible because of some of the trusted places it appeared.

I appreciate your letting me use your quote- you really explained in illustrative detail how the planned refurb at BC/YC will be MUCH different than the one happening at the Poly.

Thank you!

:thumbsup2

:welcome: to this thread

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for November.

As others have said, it is rare to see room decorations at the resort.

:)

Whew! Thanks :)

Of all the threads that I've followed and participated in, this one is by far the friendliest. I love that there is no drama. I'm sure I will be asking many more questions as we start planning the trip and it's nice to know there is a reliable place to get answers :)

No worries!

We really do try to keep things positive here- we believe that you can give information in a friendly, helpful and sometimes funny way.

Questions are welcomed, and will be answered to the best of our ability.

:goodvibes

First time Yacht Club visit in...10 sleeps! So excited! :yay:

Where do we go to get our refillable mugs refilled during our stay?

Thanks!

Here is the info I have in the FAQ post (Post 13) on Page 1 about refill mugs- Does anyone know if the info about the Beaches & Cream window is still accurate- can you get refills through the takeout window?

Where can I purchase and refill a refillable mug?

Refillable Mugs may be purchased and filled at the Beach Club Marketplace (self-serve station), Beaches and Cream (CM assisted service, get into the ice cream takeout line), Hurricane Hanna's (self-serve station) and the Ale and Compass Lounge* in the Yacht Club resort (coffee/tea self-service, juices and soda behind the bar).

*Recent reports say that the Ale & Compass location is only available until 12 noon, when the lounge opens up as a bar.

Pixarmom provided pictures of the beverage dispensers at the Marketplace and Hurricane Hanna's.

RefillMugStationMarketplace-2.jpg
OtherBeveragesMarketplace-2.jpg
HHDrinkRefill-1.jpg

More detailed information about Rapid Refill Mugs in the Other Useful Info Post (Post 14)

Dee, trying to decide between BC and Polynesian for next Labor Day weekend... will be here more than usual trying to decide.;)

Honestly, you do such an amazing job with this Thread...better and trusted information is not to be found anywhere else. ::yes::

:offtopic:

So I have been dealing with lots of misinformation this week.

I am the president of the middle school parents group. We sponsor dances a few times each school year. I received an email from a parent asking if she could chaperone the dance on Friday.

While we of course welcome enthusiastic volunteers, there is no dance scheduled on Friday.

"Where did you see info about a dance?"

"My daughter and friends and teachers are all talking about it."

I heard from another parent asking about the dance.

:eek:

I went into panic mode and contacted the school principal, assistant principal, secretary and building use facilitator to make sure I haven't screwed up.

We got the word out that there is NO dance this Friday.

And I heard back from the original mother:

"Thanks for getting to the bottom of this :). She just said a group of friends were talking about it at school (did not read it anywhere)."

NEXT!

Dee, trying to decide between BC and Polynesian for next Labor Day weekend... will be here more than usual trying to decide.;)

Honestly, you do such an amazing job with this Thread...better and trusted information is not to be found anywhere else. ::yes::

A good problem to have!

I have not stayed at the Poly, so I can't offer any personal opinions there, but I do love the tropical theming.

For me, the main draw of the BC is the location- I love being so close to EPCOT! If you will be spending more time at EP than MK, that may be a consideration.

Convenience and accessibility of food is another. Will you be dining at sit down restaurants for most meals, or will convenient grab and go offerings be important to you?

I think you mentioned that the pool was not a factor in your decision.

Good luck with your decision- please keep us posted!

:)

I have escaped from Pop Century and I plan on having dinner tonight at the Yacht Club. Can anyone tell me if the construction will impact my rib eye steak?

Are there walls up around the salid bar?

Is there a salid bar??

Pop probably has a construction free salid bar. I know they have a make your own salid quick service option but I am talking about the the type of salid you can make at the condiment bar. :thumbsup2

Thanks.

~NM
PS if any of you have good condiment bar salid recipes be sure to pass them along!

I have escaped from Pop Century and I plan on having dinner tonight at the Yacht Club. Can anyone tell me if the construction will impact my rib eye steak?

Is there a salid bar??

Pop probably has a construction free salid bar. I know they have a make your own salid quick service option but I am talking about the the type of salid you can make at the condiment bar. :thumbsup2

Thanks.

~NM
PS if any of you have good condiment bar salid recipes be sure to pass them along!
OMG!! I forgot about salid!!!!!! Hahaha...this is what happens when I spend too much time working and not enough reading.

I do know that the construction will effect your steak. You may want to bring your crockpot and put it in the locker room so it is close to the pool for snacks.:thumbsup2

I do know that the construction will effect your steak. You may want to bring your crockpot and put it in the locker room so it is close to the pool for snacks.:thumbsup2

That's what is so great about this thread. There is always another useful tip that someone will share. I'm adding a crockpot to the packing list for our next trip!

:rotfl:

Is there a salid bar??

Thanks.

~NM

No recipes, but I do have a story.

On Nate's class trip, All Star Movies, a couple of chaperones ordered the design your own salid. And then complained about what was in it.

:confused3

Will be staying at BC in 2 weeks. What's happening there with the remodeling?

They should still be working on the 5th floor (club level rooms) at that time. Since the entire 5th floor is currently closed to guest access, you should not be impacted by any of the work going on.

:goodvibes

That's what is so great about this thread. There is always another useful tip that someone will share. I'm adding a crockpot to the packing list for our next trip!

:rotfl:

too bad they removed the coffee pots from the rooms. There was some FASCINATING recipes for soup and chili using the coffee pot and hot plate! :duck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter