2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came back from our resort hopping trip where we got to try Yacht Club for 1 night. *Pixie Dust* pixiedust: When we checked-in, they announced us we had been "upgraded" (from our little garden view room) to a 2 king-bed rooms suite with Club Level!!!!! :jumping1::laughing: They welcomed us with champagne, A CM (wonderful girl named Anastasia) made us visit the Regatta Club (CL), then our room... The suite was HUGE (2 bedrooms, one living room and kitchette and 2 bathrooms) The complimentary bath products were a huge size... We received fresh flowers (my favorite), a little gift basket, evian water and coke... There was two balconies, one of them was a view of the entrance (cute, could qualify for Garden View in my opinion) and the other one was pool view (and fireworks view at night). One of the windows was showing a view of the Boardwalk. The CL was amazing. DH and I were in total shock (I was very emotional --in a good way-- ) and so grateful. Our stay was fantastic. A dream come true.

WOW!! Sounds truly like "Dreams do come true"!! Way to go Disney!

Just checking in from room 3151 at the Yacht Club. Disney ME only took an hour and a half to get us here which seems to be the norm for us. Checked in and room was assigned to us even though I said I wasn't in a rush. Checked out the room then went to HH for a quick bite. Got our refillable mugs from the Market Place then spent the rest of the afternoon with good friends who came up from Clearwater for a visit. Drank a couple of Sunken Treasures at Crew's Cup (now I see what the excitement is all about with this drink) and had dinner at Cape May which all enjoyed. Long day as we were up at 2:30am to start our travel adventure. Tomorrow is DTD to get the grandkids some Christmas gifts. If anyone is here right now and would like a six-pack of Pepsi let me know. I have some extras.

Katesdad

We received a letter today about the construction going on at the Beach Club from 10 am-4 pm during our stay. We will be there from Dec24-Jan.1. I know the refurb started on the fifth floor, but will it be going down to 4th floor, then 3rd floor, etc.? or is it random? I am asking so that I can make a request for a lower floor if that is the case. Any info is appreciated. Thank you!

I know there have been several asking about the dates of the annual pool maintenance that takes place every year at SAB.

I found this on DVCNews.com.

We are staying at the BCV's from January 8th - January 12th and have not received an official letter confirming this but thought I would pass this along.

Guests spending the early part of 2015 at Disney's Beach Club Villas will have to make do without some portions of its iconic pool complex.

Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts is scheduled for a two phase refurbishment closure early next year. From January 5 through February 2, 2015, the Flying Jib slide will not be available to guests. Also closed during this period will be Bubblin' Bay and Sinking Sands areas of the pool--essentially all areas from the slide exit up to the nearby bridge.

When those areas reopen on February 2, the lazy river, snorkel area and two surrouding bridges in that area will close. This second refurb phase is expected to run through March 3, 2015.

During these closures, all other areas of the pool will remain open to guests.

Villas rooms at Disney's Beach Club are also expected to be the target of renovations sometime in 2015. Exact dates have not yet been revealed. Work is currently under way on hotel rooms at the resort.

Hope this helps.

Awww really? We arrive in WDW Jan 21. I seem to be missing everyone this trip :sad: people either leaving before we get there or arriving (cough Nanette) just after we leave. Was it something I said :confused3

Awww really? We arrive in WDW Jan 21. I seem to be missing everyone this trip :sad: people either leaving before we get there or arriving (cough Nanette) just after we leave. Was it something I said :confused3

Don't you know we've got this staggered where one of us will be there at all times to answer any real time question (cough katesdad) and back Teena up! :wave2:

page 121-125

I hope everyone in our DIS BC/YC family had a great Thanksgiving, or for our friends north of the border, across the pond, down under or from wherever on Earth you hail from, a great Thursday and Friday!

:goodvibes

I wanted to thank everyone for their contribution to this thread. My mother and I (she's my Disney Buddy) are staying at the Beach Club for the first time this coming January (yay birthday trip, 17th-25th). Since booking, a few weeks ago, I have been pouring over this thread and multiple places on the internet to learn all there is about this resort. It's our first time not only at the Beach Club, but a Deluxe resort (the Swolphin not counting as I have no memory of it and by many accounts my mother wasn't a fan).

I really want to make it special for her without over planning anything, thus taking the fun out of our Disney vacation. (Key word being vacation there.) So if any of you have any ideas that I can surprise her with, I'm all ears.

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

From your post to Mother Nature's ears! DS due in at Logan from Fort Benning GA at 10:30 tonight for an unexpected Thanksgiving weekend leave. We haven't seen him in almost 6 months since he left for Basic. Love the pretty snow but...

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Hope your husband was able to get in ok.

Thank you to him for his service and to you and your family for your sacrifices!

:grouphug:

Since we have pictures now of the beautiful new rooms on the 5th floor, does this mean they are done with the 5th floor? If they are done will they start the 4th floor right away or wait until after Xmas? I'm just curious if we can expect construction to be going on during our 12/20-12/30 stay? We requested a high floor and we are traveling w/ 2 teens that like to sleep, so I would like to avoid any possible noise? Thanks for any help/insight!!

I think they are doing some finishing touches on the 5th floor, but it is essentially finished.

Yes, the plan is to start next on the 4th floor. I haven't heard if work has started or when it will start (maybe Monday). I'll let you know when we hear from guests.

MickeyT has some good suggestions below.

:)

Call and add a note to your reservation stating that you are late sleepers and request to be away from the construction. They only do sections at a time. Then when you check in ask again about room location. They may not be able to accommodate but doesn't hurt to ask.

:thumbsup2

I know there have been several asking about the dates of the annual pool maintenance that takes place every year at SAB.

I found this on DVCNews.com.

Hope this helps.

Pool refurb letter came in today!

http://i.imgur.com/TPXSITa.jpg?1

Thank you both for sharing this info!!! Now that something official has been sent, I am comfortable posting this info on Page 1 of the thread.

I had to share... Made some online purchases yesterday with delivery to WDW! This makes it feel like we are so much closer!

My DD's really wanted a tree so I ordered one online along with some decorations from Walmart. It will be fun to set it up in our room... Although making space a bit tighter!

Cool!!!

:santa:

One week from today we will be arriving at the BC for our Anniversary Celebration!!! Looking forward to seeing the Christmas decorations for the first time!!! I am excited. :goodvibes

:banana::banana::banana:

Rebecca

Just came back from our resort hopping trip where we got to try Yacht Club for 1 night.

*Pixie Dust* pixiedust:

When we checked-in, they announced us we had been "upgraded" (from our little garden view room) to a 2 king-bed rooms suite with Club Level!!!!! :jumping1::laughing:

They welcomed us with champagne, A CM (wonderful girl named Anastasia) made us visit the Regatta Club (CL), then our room... The suite was HUGE (2 bedrooms, one living room and kitchette and 2 bathrooms) The complimentary bath products were a huge size...

We received fresh flowers (my favorite), a little gift basket, evian water and coke...

There was two balconies, one of them was a view of the entrance (cute, could qualify for Garden View in my opinion) and the other one was pool view (and fireworks view at night). One of the windows was showing a view of the Boardwalk.

The CL was amazing.

DH and I were in total shock (I was very emotional --in a good way-- ) and so grateful.

Our stay was fantastic. A dream come true.

That is awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing your great news with us.

:cool1:

What's the status of the club level?

See the comment above.

Just checking in from room 3151 at the Yacht Club. Disney ME only took an hour and a half to get us here which seems to be the norm for us. Checked in and room was assigned to us even though I said I wasn't in a rush. Checked out the room then went to HH for a quick bite. Got our refillable mugs from the Market Place then spent the rest of the afternoon with good friends who came up from Clearwater for a visit. Drank a couple of Sunken Treasures at Crew's Cup (now I see what the excitement is all about with this drink) and had dinner at Cape May which all enjoyed. Long day as we were up at 2:30am to start our travel adventure. Tomorrow is DTD to get the grandkids some Christmas gifts. If anyone is here right now and would like a six-pack of Pepsi let me know. I have some extras.

Katesdad

Thanks for checking in with us and for your live, man-on-the-scene update!

Have a fantastic trip!!!

We received a letter today about the construction going on at the Beach Club from 10 am-4 pm during our stay. We will be there from Dec24-Jan.1. I know the refurb started on the fifth floor, but will it be going down to 4th floor, then 3rd floor, etc.? or is it random? I am asking so that I can make a request for a lower floor if that is the case. Any info is appreciated. Thank you!

I believe the work will be happening floor to floor, starting now on the 4th floor, although I haven't heard if they have started or when the work will commence. I think the areas they will be working on will be taken out of service to keep disruptions to guests to a minimum.

Don't you know we've got this staggered where one of us will be there at all times to answer any real time question (cough katesdad) and back Teena up! :wave2:

Can't wait to see you ... and aren't you brave to have breakfast with Princess Lily!!!!!!!

We are staying from 12/20-12/30, we haven't received a letter? I'm wondering why? Did you have any requests on your reservation (high floor,etc.)? Have you done online check in? Just curious about the differences as to why we haven't received a letter? I'm actually surprised that they are taking sections out of inventory during that week! I have heard they started on the 5th floor and are working their way down from there! Have a wonderful trip!

We are staying from 12/20-12/30, we haven't received a letter? I'm wondering why? Did you have any requests on your reservation (high floor,etc.)? Have you done online check in? Just curious about the differences as to why we haven't received a letter? I'm actually surprised that they are taking sections out of inventory during that week! I have heard they started on the 5th floor and are working their way down from there! Have a wonderful trip!

The letter being sent out to guests is about the pool maintenance which will be taking place after the first of the year, so you won't be receiving a letter. To the best of my knowledge, they have not been sending letters out about the room refurbishments. This guest received a letter because their trip is in January.

ETA: Letters about the BC refurb work have recently been mailed to guests with upcoming stays if you booked directly with Disney by phone or website. For guests who booked through a travel agency the letters go to the third party (private travel agent, AAA, Travelocity, etc) and it is their responsibility to send the information to you.

(I posted this Q in the GF thread also because I'm doing a split stay)

I've looked and looked through this long thread (and the GF thread too!) but I can't seem to find any answer to my questions about requesting a room:

I have a standard room reserved at the BC. What exactly is the process for requesting a certain type of room? What is the closest date to the trip I can do this? Can someone give me a recommendation on what type of room to request given that we have a standard booked?

I appreciate any help you guys can give. All this info is overwhelming.

If someone can just link me to a thread or post, that'd be terrific. I've been searching on here for 45 minutes and have come up empty.

Thanks!!

We have made requests, but haven't checked in online. My husband will be there as part of a conference, so maybe that is why we received a letter. I hope the that doesn't mean the rooms for the conference will be in the construction section of the hotel. You have a wonderful trip also! I am sure it will be OK, no matter what. We'll be at the Beach Club during Christmas, so yay!

(I posted this Q in the GF thread also because I'm doing a split stay)

I've looked and looked through this long thread (and the GF thread too!) but I can't seem to find any answer to my questions about requesting a room:

I have a standard room reserved at the BC. What exactly is the process for requesting a certain type of room? What is the closest date to the trip I can do this? Can someone give me a recommendation on what type of room to request given that we have a standard booked?

I appreciate any help you guys can give. All this info is overwhelming.

If someone can just link me to a thread or post, that'd be terrific. I've been searching on here for 45 minutes and have come up empty.

Thanks!!

:welcome: to this forum!

There is some info in the FAQ Post 15 on Page 1 of this thread about room requests (reposted below):

You can add the request to your reservation at any time.

A request on a standard view room, or really any request is dependent on what is important for your family. A few possible suggestions: Full balcony. Only about 50% of rooms at the Beach Club have a full balcony. Would you like to request a daybed? Is location important? Near elevator, close to lobby/transportation/pool or close to EPCOT side.

How do I make a request on my reservation? How many requests should I make? What should I request?

You should note any requests on your reservation through Disney's CRO (Central Reservation Office)if you booked the reservation with Disney or if you used a third party (travel agent, AAA, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc) you need to tell them the request so they can add it.

You can add a request when your trip is booked, or anytime thereafter. Requests should be made no later than 2 weeks before you will arrive at the resort.

Please remember that requests are not guaranteed.

The fewer requests you have, the more likely there will be a room available that meets your most important preference(s).

Your best bet is to request what you want in words, not room numbers. The chance that a particular room will be available during your trip is not as likely as finding a room that satisfies your room preferences. If you request a specific room, and there is someone staying in the room on the day you check in, the room assigner will have to place you in a different room. If they don't know what your priorities are, they will have trouble giving you another room that has the attributes you want.

When you arrive at the resort for checkin, you can ask before you take your keys if your requests were granted, and if not, see if there is anything available that meets your needs. Please note that you should do this through REGULAR checkin.

Online checkin is designed for grabbing your keys and going, no questions asked, so if there is a possibility you will ask for a room change, you shouldn't do this.

There may not be a room available with the request you made when you check in (e.g. full balcony, daybed, king bed). If your request is important enough that you are willing to change rooms later in the week, ask when a room will be available and see if you can arrange to switch rooms.

Requests vary because what is important to one family may be different for another family. Some popular requests are full balcony at the Beach Club, a day bed, close to lobby (or elevator or Stormalong Bay), close to Concierge Lounge (if you are staying club level) or close to EPCOT.

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at the Beach Club before while pool maintenance was ongoing? Do they erect fences around the area being worked on, or is it all out in the open? Does it really detract from the pool's theme?

I booked there specifically for the lazy river, and now it looks like that whole area will be down during my stay.
I can't find any pics online to see what past renovations have looked like.

Thanks

Lol! Funny!

~N

Hi Everyone!
What an amazing thread! I love this community! Excited for our first stay at the YC Sept 2015 before our cruise. I'm wondering, do you think it will be in full blown renovation? Do you think the BC may be done by then? I'm strongly considering changing my reservation to the BC :) ? What do you guys think?
Thanks!!!

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at the Beach Club before while pool maintenance was ongoing? Do they erect fences around the area being worked on, or is it all out in the open? Does it really detract from the pool's theme?

I booked there specifically for the lazy river, and now it looks like that whole area will be down during my stay.
I can't find any pics online to see what past renovations have looked like.

Thanks

:welcome: to this forum!

What are the dates of your trip? Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

That is an excellent question. I have not been at the resort during one of the prior pool rehabs. I think I have seen pictures once, and there were walls up around the area being worked on. Anyone who has been at the resort during past pool maintenance able to confirm this?

It looks like they may be working on the bridges during this rehab. I don't recall that being done in the past.

I noticed in the letter from the resort posted a couple of pages back that specific dates are not mentioned for the work, it looks like the letters that are going out are customized based on guests' trip dates.

We have seen dates posted from other sources, but I haven't seen any official confirmation of dates from the resort. Not saying the dates we are seeing reported are correct or incorrect, I'm just not sure of the origin of the info.

Hi Everyone!
What an amazing thread! I love this community! Excited for our first stay at the YC Sept 2015 before our cruise. I'm wondering, do you think it will be in full blown renovation? Do you think the BC may be done by then? I'm strongly considering changing my reservation to the BC :) ? What do you guys think?
Thanks!!!

:welcome: to this forum.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for next September. I'll put you down for the YC for now.

:cool1:

Official dates of the refurbishment work have not been announced/confirmed by the resort, because I'm not sure they exactly know when the end date will be. They have only just started on the rooms, but they were on schedule for the club level renovation.

I have seen estimates of about 10 months for each resort, so with a start date in October, the Beach Club work could be finished or just being completed in July/August or so.

Again, we should be able to give better estimates as the work is completed on each floor about how long things are taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter