(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is transportation lately at the Grand Floridian? We are planning to stay here this summer. We had a choice of Polynesian or Grand Floridian. We haven't stayed at either one yet. We chose Grand Floridian, but I have been reading that Polynesian's transportation to the parks is much better than GF. Any insight into this? We will have a five-year-old with us, so I'm wondering if it is that big of a difference. Thanks!

How is transportation lately at the Grand Floridian? We are planning to stay here this summer. We had a choice of Polynesian or Grand Floridian. We haven't stayed at either one yet. We chose Grand Floridian, but I have been reading that Polynesian's transportation to the parks is much better than GF. Any insight into this? We will have a five-year-old with us, so I'm wondering if it is that big of a difference. Thanks!

I don't know where you read that the Poly's transportation to the parks is better than the GFs. They are right next to each other -- the GF is the last stop on the monorail before the magic kingdom, which means coming back from the MK, the Poly would be the first stop, however, the GF is only a minute later. Also, you could take a launch back from the MK and the GF would be the first stop. I suppose that getting to Epcot monorail is faster from the Poly as it is less than 5 minute walk away. However, you could do the 10 minute walk from the GF to the Poly, or take the monorail loop to the Epcot loop, or the boat. The only place you need to take a bus is to the AK -- I suppose you could take the bus to DHS, but we prefer to go to Epcot and then take the boat from there.

Tom

We had a similar view in August:flower1:

Wish I was there now.
Me too! This was our December view :)

Hmmmm...have you changed resorts?????????????????? :confused3 :upsidedow:p :laughing: ..oh I had a feeling....lol...Wherever you end up....lol..I know its going to be a wonderful vacation! Its Diney after all! :goodvibes

We received an email from the Poly IPO, which DH pointed out we did not get from GF. I will be gazing across the lagoon at the Grand from the Poly. But we will have a Grand time at the Poly LOL

All of the new resort specific merchandise sure does look GRAND!!! I am planning on a "bit" of shopping myself....;) and BTW has anyone seem the new valentine MB....soooo very cute....:lovestruc I heard that they turn the tap styles pink! Think that I might need one of those....:)
I WANT ONE!!!!

BlueSkies, don't look now, but the suitcase is out and laundry is being sorted. What dance are you doing as well???
:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

Tom
SAAAAAAAAAAWWEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Tom made the point I would have. The GF and Poly share buses. So it's kinda the same. You could walk to TTC from the Poly for the Epcot monorail, but that said you could also do the monorail to MK and take the monorail to Epcot or the boat to Poly. All very pretty options. I prefer the GF bus stop as it is more covered or shaded..and it's all white and pretty :)

Hey Blue! You will be at the "happiest place on earth" very soon! I wish I could be there too! I'll live through you! Happy packing and I can't wait for your to send pics and reports!

I don't know where you read that the Poly's transportation to the parks is better than the GFs. They are right next to each other -- the GF is the last stop on the monorail before the magic kingdom, which means coming back from the MK, the Poly would be the first stop, however, the GF is only a minute later. Also, you could take a launch back from the MK and the GF would be the first stop. I suppose that getting to Epcot monorail is faster from the Poly as it is less than 5 minute walk away. However, you could do the 10 minute walk from the GF to the Poly, or take the monorail loop to the Epcot loop, or the boat. The only place you need to take a bus is to the AK -- I suppose you could take the bus to DHS, but we prefer to go to Epcot and then take the boat from there.

Tom

About how long do you allow to go to DHS via Epcot? I am thinking this might be a good idea on the nights we plan to eat dinner at DHS.

About how long do you allow to go to DHS via Epcot? I am thinking this might be a good idea on the nights we plan to eat dinner at DHS.

It definitely isn't the most efficient means of getting there as the monorail brings you to the Future World side of Epcot and the boat to DHS is at the other end, World Showcase, plus you have to stop at BC/YC, BWI and Swan/Dolphin along the way. But we enjoy it as a "break" in the day. If we are doing DHS first thing, we will definitely take the bus from the GF directly there. However, we usually do Epcot and DHS the same days, so we allow that it could take an hour from the time we get into Epcot before we get to DHS.
Tom

Woohoo!!!!! Tom...you are getting packed earlier than usual! !! Am I rubbing off on you...lol..

Single digits!!!!!!! :woohoo::cheer2::woohoo::cheer2:

HI my single digit friend......nah, you aren't rubbing off, nothing will end up in the suitcase before Wednesday morning....I'm just determining what my options are.....it is in the 20s and 30s up here in Connecticut, so those clothes definitely won't be going to the World. It does appear it is going to only be in the low 60s next week. :flower:

Tom

Is that space mountain in the distance in that picture!!! What building are you in?? Is there such thing as pool view? Or just lagoon view?

I'm trying to picture where that would be possible!

Yes that is indeed space mountain in the picture...which was taken from a standard room in RPC...that is a view you can get with the request of courtyard view...

In the outer buildings there are 3 room categories. .GV ..LV...and TPV..GVs are quite lovely and can give you a view of the courtyard pool area..the maria..and also in Sago a wooded area that is behind that building...

The only pool/standard view that would afford you that distant view of Space Mountain is from the main building...all of the other GV rooms face towards other outer buildings or the main building or the marina...again with the exception of the back side of Sago...

On the other hand upper floor TPV or maybe even LV rooms in an outer building probably does also offer that view...

Hope that my detailed. ..aka long winded explanation helped. .:blush::goodvibes...and is not confusing!

HI my single digit friend......nah, you aren't rubbing off, nothing will end up in the suitcase before Wednesday morning....I'm just determining what my options are.....it is in the 20s and 30s up here in Connecticut, so those clothes definitely won't be going to the World. It does appear it is going to only be in the low 60s next week. :flower:

Tom

:cool2: I was wondering. ..lol...
Upper 60s sounds like perfect park touring weather! !:thumbsup2

MommyG:thumbsup2 Will do!!...Wish that you could be there soon too!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans have a super Saturday...princess: happily packing GF Gal....

Last edited:
I would think they would step it up even more for Easter week, but I've never been there during that week. All I can tell you is that we could've paid a LOT less to stay at Poly for our trip the week of Memorial Day, but ultimately we chose RPC because the food is so much better (at least it always has been in the past); and we chose RPC over SL because of the views from the lounge and ambiance of the main building:) Our kids are old enough to justify the extra expense (sometimes) because we can actually spend a good amount of time relaxing in the lounge....at 17 and 12, my kids can go to the parks alone if they want! I have to admit that I am upset by the empty dessert table pic that Baler posted, but I'm certainly not changing my plans...as long as they keep the champagne flowing -LOL! The food that lucybalue listed sounds more like what I'm used to seeing, only she didn't mention the spinach-artichoke dip that I love mid day and the boiled eggs that they had recently added for breakfast! I hope those are still there! Blueskies will be there in a couple of weeks and can update us:) Let's hope she has good news!

Editing to add that this is still just my opinion of GF RPC...everyone likes different things, but I hope you love it as much as I do!

Yes, sorry...Spinach dip was there! I just didn't get to try it. Too busy trying to drink the tzatziki sauce :) Hard boiled eggs were there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter