(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue, just loved the photos! Thank you for making my day. Considering that my day started at the doctor's getting a pre-winter flu shot, your pics improved matters a hundred fold. I think an afternoon stroll through the GF gardens before we wend our way to dinner ...

We got back on May 10th from a trip to the GF, it was wonderful!! (with the exception of a little food poisoning episode. it was about as short lived as we could've hoped for) And I'm fairly certain it was food poisoning because DD6 and I both ate the sushi from Kona and we both were sick. DH did not have any and he was fine. We had such a great time we are going back in July! We were trying to come up with different places to vacation in July and for the cost of the others we were looking at, we kept coming back to why not Disney again?!? I know it's super hot and crowded, but we are going to ride our must dos in the morning and hang out in the afternoon. I'm really excited!!

We got back on May 10th from a trip to the GF, it was wonderful!! (with the exception of a little food poisoning episode. it was about as short lived as we could've hoped for) And I'm fairly certain it was food poisoning because DD6 and I both ate the sushi from Kona and we both were sick. DH did not have any and he was fine. We had such a great time we are going back in July! We were trying to come up with different places to vacation in July and for the cost of the others we were looking at, we kept coming back to why not Disney again?!? I know it's super hot and crowded, but we are going to ride our must dos in the morning and hang out in the afternoon. I'm really excited!!
Awful about the food poisoning...glad it was short-lived...but awesome that you're going back so soon!! Disney is the best if you know how to do it right...and you obviously do! A lot of people wear themselves out!!

LOVE this! :cloud9: I think by staying at SL last month, it has made my desire for RPC skyrocket and I cannot wait to get back there!! Hoping for November...waiting for a discount....

I truly am a fan of both CLs..but I will say...RPC was wonderful..Hoping you get a good discount too!:thumbsup2

Blue, just loved the photos! Thank you for making my day. Considering that my day started at the doctor's getting a pre-winter flu shot, your pics improved matters a hundred fold. I think an afternoon stroll through the GF gardens before we wend our way to dinner ...

Happy to return the favor! :goodvibes Your lovely photos have brightened many a day for me!!

Safe travels Dispro, mmmears, wishes and everyone else traveling to the world this weekend! :wizard:

Okay, it has been a really, really, REALLY long time since I visited the Disboards and this thread. My profile pic is of my DS, who is 10 now!

MIL has booked us 4 nights at Universal and 4 nights at GF! We booked back in March but I haven't let myself visit because I get SO excited and then I start having wacky dreams and then I get anxious and it's just a big, crazy mess.

We're coming up on the 30 day window now, though! Arriving at GF on June 28! We booked adjoining garden view rooms, and in the past have always had luck getting an obscured park view.

Reading this thread has gotten me so excited. I can smell the lobby and hear the music. I can hear the ship bells and see that faraway view of the castle from GG. I'm excited about everything, even the security changes!

One thing I'm trying to decide is this. We have an Ohana ADR for breakfast our last full day there (Saturday), since Stitch is DH's favorite. We're doing AK on the Thursday and TL on Friday. I want to make an ADR for 1900 Park Fare breakfast, since MIL has said she liked that one, but I'm worried it'll take too long since those are both bus days. We don't like to get up at the crack of dawn, especially not to catch a bus. What are your thoughts?

So sorry to hear about the food poisoning! That really puts a damper on plans when time is so precious at WDW. Glad to hear it was short lived. Nothing better to get over the Disney blues than another trip :yay::yay:

One thing I'm trying to decide is this. We have an Ohana ADR for breakfast our last full day there (Saturday), since Stitch is DH's favorite. We're doing AK on the Thursday and TL on Friday. I want to make an ADR for 1900 Park Fare breakfast, since MIL has said she liked that one, but I'm worried it'll take too long since those are both bus days. We don't like to get up at the crack of dawn, especially not to catch a bus. What are your thoughts?

Given your situation, I would make the 1900PF ADR on the morning of TL and then take an Uber after breakfast to the waterpark. TL opens a little later and the Uber will save some time. Have a great trip!!

BlueSkies - Loving all the pics :love:

Wow! You've got your hands full!! We've got two high school grads (my DD18 and her bff) and my DD13. Life is fairly easy for us these days...I'm not sure how much we'll see the 18 year olds! Good luck on getting Sago! I'm hoping to get my room request in the main building because I love the garden tub...we booked a deluxe room. The two 18 year olds are in an outer building-ha!

Hey that's my room!! :rolleyes1 Congrats to your DD and have a wonderful trip.

Trying to catch up...came back from our trip two weeks ago and haven't had time to catch up. Hate when life gets in the way of our fun. Hoping for a good AP discount for October...it is blacked out on the BB. :sad2:

Hi BluesSkies. :wave2:

Hi mmmears and wishesqueen :wave2: Safe travels and have a great trip.

Hey that's my room!! :rolleyes1 Congrats to your DD and have a wonderful trip.

Trying to catch up...came back from our trip two weeks ago and haven't had time to catch up. Hate when life gets in the way of our fun. Hoping for a good AP discount for October...it is blacked out on the BB. :sad2:

Hi BluesSkies. :wave2:

Hi mmmears and wishesqueen :wave2: Safe travels and have a great trip.

Any info to share? Have a good trip ? I have a std and a rpc booked for later this year so I'm dreaming of gf.

We are staying in sugarloaf next month - first time! Any tips? Has anyone stayed in this building recently? How close to the main pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter