(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did both... we purchased Copper Creek direct and VGF resale (tried VGF direct but there was a long waitlist). Depending on what resort you’re looking at, there might be a waitlist to get points if you’re looking to go direct.

Direct is great because you literally give them your credit card and points are in your account next day. Also, you get all the extra perks (discounts, special events, etc.)

With resale, it’s been a little over a month now. Definitely a slow process. Just a note, as of January 17th, all the direct prices went up, so that’s another factor you want to keep in mind. Also, you do not receive any perks with resale.

Good luck to you!

Very interesting - it’s a lot to think about! I was considering direct for all of the perks, but I’ve heard it’s harder to get the older resorts direct. Your experience confirms it! Thank you!

Very interesting - it’s a lot to think about! I was considering direct for all of the perks, but I’ve heard it’s harder to get the older resorts direct. Your experience confirms it! Thank you!

If you really want an older resort direct, it doesn’t hurt to call and ask to be put on a waitlist. The other option is a lot of people buy resale first, and then do a small direct add on after to get the perks. Good luck deciding!

Hi guys! I just wanted to share we are officially VGF owners! We just closed on Friday! We just loved GF and everything it had to offer when we went in November. Looking forward to hopefully meeting more of you on future trips, as well as planning them together here!
Congratulations!

Great photos baler31! Is that a king deluxe octogon room? We have booked king deluxe 4 times & only gotten the second floor. I am ready for easier access to the lounge so I booked a standard room for our trip in September. But this room looks great! I'd love this room!

Hi guys! I just wanted to share we are officially VGF owners! We just closed on Friday! We just loved GF and everything it had to offer when we went in November. Looking forward to hopefully meeting more of you on future trips, as well as planning them together here!

Congrats @mrsap, and welcome home! pixiedust: I like your taste in resorts. I also own at Grand Floridian and Copper Creek (Poly, too), and feel sure our paths will cross some day in real life.

Congrats @mrsap, and welcome home! pixiedust: I like your taste in resorts. I also own at Grand Floridian and Copper Creek (Poly, too), and feel sure our paths will cross some day in real life.

:wave2:Thank you! I knew you were a CCV owner (from the CCV boards!) but didn't know VGF! That's awesome! Hope to see you on one of our upcoming trips!!

Great photos baler31! Is that a king deluxe octogon room? We have booked king deluxe 4 times & only gotten the second floor. I am ready for easier access to the lounge so I booked a standard room for our trip in September. But this room looks great! I'd love this room!

Yes, king deluxe 4440. Will come back with lounge photos and a review. We did After Hours and The Edison, as well as the Arts Festival at Epcot. We were on a tight schedule as my husband was there primarily on business but I squeezed in some park time and enjoyed the Friday After Hours.

Last edited:
I just accidentally posted this on a villa-specific thread that I clicked to from here. This thread seems to be better populated, so I’ll post here as well.

For those of you on both threads, forgive the duplicate. I’m literally copying and pasting my message. :)

Silly question! My cousin and I are staying in a villa studio for 5 nights for Princess. In the interests of making little things super easy to find, I had the thought of using magnet hooks like on a cruise, to hold things like running hats, magicbands, etc. Are the doors metal?

I’ve only been there once and I can’t recall.

And that one time yielded what must have been villa 1429, which was awesome, and I hope to get similar luck. :)

I’m so excited that three separate waitlists resulted in this relatively long stay. We’ve been at bay lake studio the last two Princess weekends, which is a bit of a squeeze, so I’m happy.

~Drive by and page two rescue! Hello fellow GF fans!!!! :earsgirl:...its sure has been a bit...unfortunately life has been getting in the way of one of my favorite pass times...chatting here with you all about our happy place!

Since I last visited we had a very nice stay in RPC...I always marvel at how lovely the GF is in its holiday finery... but...ugghh..the crowds...the lobby is really crazy crowded all day long, evening too...We had nightly turn down service and the chocolates..I sure do miss those astor belgian chocolates...(SueM when I am putting the chocolates aside for future consumption aka hoarding them to eat at home...lol...I always think of you!!), we did get welcome chocolates..heard that this has been spotty lately tho....guess we were just lucky...we used mostly the water lunches for traveling and that service was great...also had a wonderful dinner at Narcoosees..I cannot recommend this restaurant enough...our dinners are always so enjoyable...but then again ...we love Citiricos too ( wonder why it doesn't get as much love on the boards as Narcoosees..location maybe?? :confused3..) all in all...a grand stay...and I am looking forward to our next one...:goodvibes...There's a surprise right....lol...

:dance3:Woohoo!! Congrats!!!! VGF is a beautiful vacation club!!

Hope that you are all having a terrific Tuesday...and that I get to visit here a bit more....:surfweb: your happy trip planning (obsessed?? lol) GF friend...:goodvibes...

~Drive by and page two rescue! Hello fellow GF fans!!!! :earsgirl:...its sure has been a bit...unfortunately life has been getting in the way of one of my favorite pass times...chatting here with you all about our happy place!

Since I last visited we had a very nice stay in RPC...I always marvel at how lovely the GF is in its holiday finery... but...ugghh..the crowds...the lobby is really crazy crowded all day long, evening too...We had nightly turn down service and the chocolates..I sure do miss those astor belgian chocolates...(SueM when I am putting the chocolates aside for future consumption aka hoarding them to eat at home...lol...I always think of you!!), we did get welcome chocolates..heard that this has been spotty lately tho....guess we were just lucky...we used mostly the water lunches for traveling and that service was great...also had a wonderful dinner at Narcoosees..I cannot recommend this restaurant enough...our dinners are always so enjoyable...but then again ...we love Citiricos too ( wonder why it doesn't get as much love on the boards as Narcoosees..location maybe?? :confused3..) all in all...a grand stay...and I am looking forward to our next one...:goodvibes...There's a surprise right....lol...

Hope that you are all having a terrific Tuesday...and that I get to visit here a bit more....:surfweb: your happy trip planning (obsessed?? lol) GF friend...:goodvibes...

Thank you!!!!

Hi BlueSkies :wave2:
I just returned from my nine day retirement celebration trip, five of which was in RPC. I may or may not have brought home a large bag of chocolates for future consumption. :teeth: I didn't get a welcome gift but got plenty of chocolates at turn down. The GF was wonderful as usual. Even though the resort was full it never seemed crowded. The only day the lounge was busy all week was Saturday.
We had a deluxe king on the 5th floor. I just love it up there, so quiet and peaceful. :love:

LOL what were the chances you would get the room I checked out of ???

Teehee! At least it gave us time to lounge.....

:daisy:

Hi Maxie :wave2:...That is a fitting retirement celebration room! So glad that you enjoyed it! Said it on the BW thread..and I'll reiterate here..It was great to see you and spend time with you and your DH...:goodvibes and even that cute little Patriot Mickey...:cool2::laughing:

Trish Some of our fave memories from that trip were spending time with you and your mom...Especially our Garden Grill meal...:lovestruc... those character interactions with your mom were absolutely heart warming....and I agree..the only thing nicer than lounge time...is lounge time with friends! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter