(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pics. Looks like standard view is the way to go, looks beautiful!

I’m not saying the TPV isn’t great either, but if it were me I’d save a few bucks and go standard.

You may know RPC well, but just in case, here’s a floor plan of the 4th floor. Almost all of the standard rooms are on the 3-4th floors (similar floorplans on each floor). My room was the red dot. So you have a bank of standard rooms that face the Courtyard Pool (like mine did), and a bank across from the Atrium that will have a different view than my pics.

Loved RPC, hope you have fun!

GF 4th Floorplan - With Lounge Labeled.jpeg

Does anyone have the menu of services offered at Ivy Trellis and Sense salon?

I scheduled a photo shoot at the resort and I'm worried about frizzy hair lol. Looking to get hair done and possibly makeup

I’m not saying the TPV isn’t great either, but if it were me I’d save a few bucks and go standard.

You may know RPC well, but just in case, here’s a floor plan of the 4th floor. Almost all of the standard rooms are on the 3-4th floors (similar floorplans on each floor). My room was the red dot. So you have a bank of standard rooms that face the Courtyard Pool (like mine did), and a bank across from the Atrium that will have a different view than my pics.

Loved RPC, hope you have fun!

View attachment 305405
Lol , no MY room was the red dot.

Does anyone have any pictures or thoughts on Sago Cay, last visit we stayed at the Polynesian with a monorail view. We really enjoyed watching it go by every morning while having our coffee.

Does anyone have the menu of services offered at Ivy Trellis and Sense salon?

I scheduled a photo shoot at the resort and I'm worried about frizzy hair lol. Looking to get hair done and possibly makeup

Ivy Trellis Salon
Discover a full range of grooming services for men, women and children at this sleek salon nestled inside the Resort’s Main Building. Indulge in your favorite styling treatment at this hidden gem.

Salon Services

• Lady's haircut and blow-dry: $80 (short); $100 (long)
  • Gentleman's haircut with shampoo and style: $35
  • Gentleman's haircut and style: $25
  • Beard/mustache trim: $15
  • Child's haircut: $20
  • Bang trim: $15
  • Shampoo, blow-dry and style: $55
  • Flat iron or curl: $15
  • Express style (i.e. simple braids): $25
  • Blow out: $45
  • Hair chemical services: $90 and up based on consultation
  • Haircut with chemical service: $45
  • Special occasion/bridal hair and makeup packages: call for pricing
Character Couture Packages

Behold an array of regal makeovers designed for Guests of all ages.

• Storybook Style: $50 (child ages 4 to 14); $80 (adult) Classic character-inspired hairstyle
  • Magical Makeover: $75 (child ages 4 to 14); $105 (adult) Classic character-inspired hairstyle and makeup
  • Timeless Transformation $90 (child ages 4 to 14); $120 (adult) Classic character-inspired hairstyle, makeup and nails
Hours and Appointments

The salon is open daily from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Appointments are strongly recommended. To make a reservation, please call (407) WDW-SPAS or (407) 939-7727.

Note: additional fees may apply for services outside of operating hours.

Senses

Spa Treatments
Indulge in a complete selection of therapies designed to relax and rejuvenate. Available services are subject to change, but may include:

FACIALS

Senses Signature Facial
The ultimate facial—with a double masque and NuFace microcurrent—rejuvenates your face by toning, lifting and reducing facial lines. This treatment also includes hydrating lip treatment.

• 105 minutes – $235
Rose Renewal Facial
Experience the healing essence of rose, which rejuvenates and refreshes. The 80-minute facial includes a gentle back exfoliation.

• 50 minutes – $150
  • 80 minutes – $200
Berry Bliss Facial
Turn back the years with the antioxidant-rich açai berry, which diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

• 50 minutes – $145
  • 80 minutes – $195
Stone Crop Facial
For centuries, the succulent plant stone crop has been used to soothe and minimize pigmentation, while infusing a clean, fresh fragrance. A great treatment for all skin types.

• 50 minutes – $145
  • 80 minutes – $195
Refined Gentleman’s Facial
A soothing facial experience—specially designed for men—which refreshes and revitalizes.

• 50 minutes – $135
Balanced-Teen Facial
The perfect facial for oily or combination skin, utilizing probiotic compounds to calm and balance.

• 50 minutes – $135
Tropical Coconut Cream Facial
Refresh and hydrate your skin with the natural antioxidant and healing properties of coconut.

• 50 minutes – $145
  • 80 minutes – $195
Beyond Organic Facial
Our select blend of organic ingredients hydrates and regenerates. Perfect for all skin types.

• 50 minutes – $150
  • 80 minutes – $200
MASSAGE THERAPIES

Senses Signature Massage
This luxurious aromatic massage eases away tension, lulling you into a state of deep relaxation as a soothing application of body soufflé hydrates your skin.

• 80 minutes– $200
Authentic Aromatherapy Massage
Carefully applied pressure stimulates the nervous system along the spinal column, while Swedish massage and neuromuscular techniques relieve tension. The technique promotes healthier circulation, dissolves stress and leaves you feeling deeply relaxed and recharged.

• 50 minutes – $145
  • 80 minutes – $200
Swedish Massage
The long, gentle strokes of this technique enhance circulation and flexibility while offering an indulgent, relaxing experience.

• 50 minutes – $135
  • 80 minutes – $195
  • 105 minutes – $225
Custom Massage
Customize your massage experience with techniques and pressure that address your personal needs and preferences.

• 50 minutes – $145
  • 80 minutes – $200
  • 105 minutes – $230
Warm Bamboo Massage
Renew and refresh your body and spirits with this unique massage incorporating warm bamboo canes for the ultimate in relaxation.

• 75 minutes – $210
Massage for Two
Enjoy a massage together in our treatment room for two, as our practitioners tend to your individual needs.

• 50 minutes – $275
  • 80 minutes – $390
Warm Stone Massage
Enjoy the relaxing warmth of basalt stones as they’re used to massage your stress away.

• 75 minutes – $210
Pregnancy Massage
Prenatal techniques are used to nurture and enhance circulation. For the comfort and safety of the mother and child, these massages are only offered after the first trimester.

• 50 minutes – $145
Leg & Foot Intensive Massage
Treat leg and foot fatigue with this specialized treatment, which includes foot exfoliation and reflexology massage.

• 50 minutes – $135
BODY THERAPIES

Rose Hydrating Body Treatment
Unwind with this precious rose treatment, which includes a gentle exfoliation and layering of hydrating rose products.

• 50 minutes – $150
Tropical Coconut Body Treatment
Rejuvenate your body with a tropical coconut sugar exfoliation, followed by an application of hydrating coconut lotion and a layer of vanilla sunscreen.

• 50 minutes – $145
Apple Hydrotherapy Experience
Experience a full-body apple sugar scrub, followed by a hydrotherapy soak and, finally, a relaxing massage. A bathing suit recommended.

• 70 minutes – $210
Toning Body Wrap
This treatment improves circulation by toning and tightening the skin. Exfoliation prepares the body for the active herbal compounds, achieving full-body hydration.

• 50 minutes – $145
NAILS

Senses Signature Manicure and Pedicure
Surround yourself with the scent of lavender. The treatment includes a special exfoliation, a nourishing masque and warm lavender paraffin. Enjoy the soothing indulgence of warm stones and a hydrating lavender gel.

• 50-minute manicure – $55
  • 80 minutes – $95
Spa Manicure and Pedicure
Relax with soothing essential oils as you treat your hands or feet to the ultimate pampering.

• 50 minutes – $55
  • 50 minutes – $75
Senses Vitamin Gel Manicure
Indulge in a specialized manicure designed to last.

• 50-minute pedicure – $75
Refined Gentleman’s Manicure and Pedicure
An invigorating scrub with fresh scents complements services designed especially for men.

• 25-minute manicure – $35
  • 50-minute pedicure – $55
SPA PACKAGES
Senses Signature Package

Approximately 5 hours – $475

• Senses Signature Massage
  • Senses Signature Facial
  • Senses Signature Pedicure
Me Time Magic
Approximately 3 hours – $385

• Custom Bath
  • Custom Massage
  • Coconut or Stone Crop Facial
  • Senses Pedicure
Gentlemen’s Retreat
Approximately 3 hours – $325

• Refined Gentlemen’s Facial
  • Custom Massage
  • Refined Gentlemen’s Manicure
  • Refined Gentlemen’s Pedicure
Spa for Two
Approximately 2 hours – $385

• Custom Massage for Two
  • Senses Spa Pedicure for Two
The spa services selected for each package have been specifically designed to provide optimal results. Services are not interchangeable and must be utilized within the same day by the same Guest. Discounts do not apply to Spa Packages.

Kids Services
Exclusively designed for children ages 4 to 12, who must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

Prince or Princess Pedicure
Special pampering for refined young royals.

• 25 minutes – $50
Magical Manicure
Presto! Behold a beautiful transformation.

• 25 minutes – $35
Enhancements and Upgrades
Customize services by including one of our special enhancements during your scheduled session. Treatment upgrades enable our staff to focus additional time on your specific needs.

Facial Enhancements
Included in your scheduled service time for $25:

• Facial Boosters
  • Hydrating Lip Treatment
  • Peel Enhancement
  • Foot Hydration
  • Bright Eyes Enhancement
  • NuFace microcurrent (one area)
Facials Upgrades
25 minutes – $50

• Lips and Eyes
  • Back Facial
  • Scalp Facial
Massage Enhancements
Included in your scheduled service time for an additional $25 per enhancement:

• Firming Eye Mask
  • Hydrating Foot Treatment
  • Aromatherapy Oil Enhancement
  • Warm Oil Scalp Treatment
Massage Upgrade
25 minutes – $50

• Foot Reflexology
Nail Enhancements
Included in your scheduled service time for an additional $25:

• Paraffin
  • Callus Treatment
  • Disney Nail Wraps (individual nails $2.50 each)
Nail Upgrades
25 minutes – $50 per upgrade

• French
  • Disney Nail Art Designs
  • Gel Removal
  • Polish Change

Does anyone have any pictures or thoughts on Sago Cay, last visit we stayed at the Polynesian with a monorail view. We really enjoyed watching it go by every morning while having our coffee.

Sorry, I don't have any pics however Sago Cay is our favorite building :love: We have stayed on both the lagoon side and the monorail side. I love the view on both sides for different reasons. Our family loves that it is so quiet at Sago Cay, away from the pools and boat horn. It is great being just a few steps from Gaspie's for a quick bite to eat. Also very close to the bus stop when walking around the main building close to the Sago end instead of going through the lobby and around. We really enjoy walking out of Sago and spending time outside of Gaspie's at the covered tables, people watching, chatting, having a bite to eat or a cool drink. This is also a great spot for watching the nightly fireworks while avoiding the crowds!

This is my thought as well ;).

that view of the poly/lagoon looks really beautiful. the theme park view looks disappointing and far

I LOVE overlooking the Poly/lagoon from an RPC room! I've never stayed TPV, but like GADisneyDad, I'd save the money and go standard (but I also prefer that view anyway, so it's an easy decision for me) :).

Are there any standad RPC rooms with king beds? I have a standard booked for September. I don't usually make room requests but am thinking of requesting a courtyard view room. Our first priority would be a quieter room, & it seems like the other hallway would get more noise from the lobby & band. Wondering where a king bed room would be if they even have them. Thanks!

Anyone have experience renting boats at the GF? Or other fun resort activities?
We rented the Grand 1 a couple years ago for a Fireworks cruise - view of the show was fantastic, music was played via the onboard speakers, CM Captain was super knowledgeable and the food we included was great. Would highly recommend.

Are there any standad RPC rooms with king beds? I have a standard booked for September. I don't usually make room requests but am thinking of requesting a courtyard view room. Our first priority would be a quieter room, & it seems like the other hallway would get more noise from the lobby & band. Wondering where a king bed room would be if they even have them. Thanks!

4429 and 4329 are standard kings. They are the only standard RPC kings that I am aware of, they are a bit smaller than standard rooms. I like that side of rooms by the atrium and find the noise from people to be less there. However, the band and lobby noise might bother some, I just find the lobby noise to be almost white noise like and I enjoy the band. I am very bothered by voices and running/stomping feet, people getting off the elevator etc. and those rooms tend to feature less of that.

If the king is important you may want to think about a kind deluxe. I don't think they are very much more in the grand scheme of things.

4429 and 4329 are standard kings. They are the only standard RPC kings that I am aware of, they are a bit smaller than standard rooms. I like that side of rooms by the atrium and find the noise from people to be less there. However, the band and lobby noise might bother some, I just find the lobby noise to be almost white noise like and I enjoy the band. I am very bothered by voices and running/stomping feet, people getting off the elevator etc. and those rooms tend to feature less of that.

If the king is important you may want to think about a kind deluxe. I don't think they are very much more in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks for the info. We have stayed in the king deluxe 3 times before. But every time has been a second floor room. If I could be guaranteed the octogan room, I'd book it again too. We're kind of tired of the trek to anywhere from the second floor. So thought we'd give the standard rooms a try. With this info, I think I'll skip requesting a king. While hall noise bothers me, at least it comes & goes. I'm afraid the lobby noise would be constant & get annoying quickly.

Thanks again for the help!

Thanks for the info. We have stayed in the king deluxe 3 times before. But every time has been a second floor room. If I could be guaranteed the octogan room, I'd book it again too. We're kind of tired of the trek to anywhere from the second floor. So thought we'd give the standard rooms a try. With this info, I think I'll skip requesting a king. While hall noise bothers me, at least it comes & goes. I'm afraid the lobby noise would be constant & get annoying quickly.

Thanks again for the help!

I understand...We don't book the king deluxe as often as we would for fear of getting the 2nd floor. We have been fortunate to receive the turret rooms but I always fear our luck will run out the next time. They really should make these 2 distinct booking categories, especially since the website incorrectly says that king deluxe rooms are larger than a standard. That is not the case if you get the 2nd floor.

We are finally going back to the grand the end of April!! We went several times when my girls were little but haven't been to Florida in almost six years and honestly wasn't sure if we would ever get the chance again. I have been struggling with my health and going through chemo so while I know this trip will wipe me out I'm so beyond happy to have this time with my family! My youngest has not been since kindergarten and only remembers bits and pieces but yet has always told people the grand Floridian is her favorite hotel, that and cream cheese pretzels at the park :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter