• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are so excited that we just booked our first stay at the GF!! Our usual resort is AKL and one stay at BLT. We have been coming to Disney for 25 years and this is the first time we have received a pin code that we could use. I just couldn’t pass up a 30% discount!! We are going to be there from June 22nd- June 30th.

This will be my 6 year olds fifth trip to Disney and from past experience we know that a large balcony is a must for us. I am booked in a Garden View room (standard). I asked my agent to request a full size balcony away from the elevators. I don’t really care where our room is because I keep reading that everyone almost always ends up loving where they were placed. Is there anything else that I am missing? I have read the last 150 pages to try and learn about the resort. I have no doubt that I will now go back and start at page one.

One last question... about how long does it take to get to EPCOT? We were so excited about being able to monorail to two parks but I keep reading how others take an Uber or Minnie Van. I need to decide if we should do that.... If we do take the monorail, is it faster to ride the monorail to the TTC or is it faster to walk there?

Sorry for so many questions! We are just so excited for our dream trip!

We rarely if ever use the monorail for Epcot. Exception would be during Flower and Garden because the view from the monorail is stunning. It is the least efficient way to get to Epcot and if we do we always walk to TTC and take the direct monorail from there. Per my pedometer the distance from the main building is .9 miles and it takes us about 12-15 minutes. If you do take the monorail expect travel time to be in the 45 minute plus range with the transfer. We use Uber/Lyft and Minnie Van frequently. Minnie Van drops in the bus lot but Uber and Lyft at he drop off area is fine as well. If you know you want to go to World Showcase just Uber or Lyft to the Beach Club and walk to the International Gateway from there.

While the Grand is a great resort and my favorite I am not blind to its faults which IMO are transportation related. We make ample use of car services including Minnie Van because we like to make things as easy as possible and in the grand scheme of things I would rather budget a bit more for the peace of mind.

WL has 3 if you count Hot tub at Villa pool. Don’t know why GF didn’t put one at beach pool. Good thing the Courtyard hot tub is huge!

Do they allow kids in it? Please say no. I want to go in to get away from kids for a few minutes (my own included).

Maybe I should ask this on this thread - when parks are extremely crowded, is the GF pool less likely to be crowded? Is the Beach Pool definitely more crowded than the Courtyard pool?

We are so excited that we just booked our first stay at the GF!! Our usual resort is AKL and one stay at BLT. We have been coming to Disney for 25 years and this is the first time we have received a pin code that we could use. I just couldn’t pass up a 30% discount!! We are going to be there from June 22nd- June 30th.

Congrats on the great discount and for booking your first GF stay! The GF is a beautiful resort, hope you have a great trip. Enjoy the planning :).

Easter at the GF

We will be eating lunch at GF Cafe in Easter. Is there any info on any special activities they might be having in that day.

Thanks, Linda

I can't help with activities, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We rarely if ever use the monorail for Epcot. Exception would be during Flower and Garden because the view from the monorail is stunning. It is the least efficient way to get to Epcot and if we do we always walk to TTC and take the direct monorail from there. Per my pedometer the distance from the main building is .9 miles and it takes us about 12-15 minutes. If you do take the monorail expect travel time to be in the 45 minute plus range with the transfer. We use Uber/Lyft and Minnie Van frequently. Minnie Van drops in the bus lot but Uber and Lyft at he drop off area is fine as well. If you know you want to go to World Showcase just Uber or Lyft to the Beach Club and walk to the International Gateway from there.

While the Grand is a great resort and my favorite I am not blind to its faults which IMO are transportation related. We make ample use of car services including Minnie Van because we like to make things as easy as possible and in the grand scheme of things I would rather budget a bit more for the peace of mind.
Holy crap how many miles do you do a day lol? Without that gf to ttc route i usually at 20,000+ steps.

Have to say I really liked the Minnie Van . Our driver did say we could be dropped at Int'l Gateway or Main Entrance. We were heading for soarin and kids chose Main.
:wave2:

Holy crap how many miles do you do a day lol? Without that gf to ttc route i usually at 20,000+ steps.

Have to say I really liked the Minnie Van . Our driver did say we could be dropped at Int'l Gateway or Main Entrance. We were heading for soarin and kids chose Main.
:wave2:

Reserved a room back at the Grand after 4 years but in the Villas for Halloween week, MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival. I usually don’t mind Disney transportation but I’m leaning toward those Minnie Vans!

Hi, Everyone --

Is there a Spireside candle that smells like the Grand Floridian?

Thanks.

I think they've renamed their Floridian candle to "Clover Fields". I make my own candles and the Grand scent is widely available as green clover and aloe. To be clear, I haven't tried it myself as I've never purchased anything from Spireside so I don't know if this is the same fragrance oil I use. $18 plus shipping for that size candle is too rich for my blood.

Reserved a room back at the Grand after 4 years but in the Villas for Halloween week, MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival. I usually don’t mind Disney transportation but I’m leaning toward those Minnie Vans!
I liked it leaving HS for Bwi one night in November. Much easier for MOM.

Then in January for just me and the older kids we did it to Epcot and to HS. That morning the bus monitor said 9am pick up for HS and it was 8:30.

So easy to use the APP! You can see how far away it is and then decide.

I know others do UBER/Lyft but I enjoyed paying extra for a clean and fun vehicle.

Thanks for the earlier advice about garden view rooms- speaking from your personal preferences- what views/rooms would you specifically want to AVOID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter