• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a nice passholder rate for club level main building! We were booked club level outer building but moved for a little bit more. Our first time staying club level at GF!

Congrats on the discount! RPC is wonderful. Have a great trip :goodvibes.

We leave in 16 days for our first stay at GF.

It is a surprise trip for my 8yr old so can't show or share my excitement at all.

Starting to slowly gather items and pack trying not to raise too much suspicion. We live in New England so at least not using our summer gear anymore so hopefully no one will notice all the shorts are 'missing' !

The GF is an amazing resort, you're going to love it! Hope you have a great time :yay:.

@GADisneyDad14

Is the soup in Sugar Loaf too?

I havent been to SL since its been added to RPC.

Def my favorite thing now.

That and the coconut cream mickey head pies.

Champagne

Hmmm I could keep going lol..

Yes, there was soup during the day. But have to say, hot soup was the LAST thing I wanted during our mid Sept stay. Ice cold beverage please. :drinking1

We leave in 16 days for our first stay at GF.

It is a surprise trip for my 8yr old so can't show or share my excitement at all.

Starting to slowly gather items and pack trying not to raise too much suspicion. We live in New England so at least not using our summer gear anymore so hopefully no one will notice all the shorts are 'missing' !

Surprises are so much fun, especially when it comes to a Disney vacation, we are surprising our kids on the second half of our November/December trip with a Jurassic World Suite over at Universal, it was to much suspense to hold in the Grand Floridian part..........spilled the beans on that part!!!!!!

Hope you are able to check back in now and then during your trip. It never gets old seeing young (or young at heart) persons react to a 1st-time experience of taking in the wonder of the Disney. Our son was 8 when we took him and we had the good fortune to be staying at the then newly opened Grand Floridian in the fall of 88. I wondered how he would process it all and evidently, it worked since he and his wife are now DVC GF owners! Seems like they return to WDW with our 3 1/2-year-old granddaughter at least twice a year. You become guests for life it seems. Now he lays out the plans for us grandparents in a far better fashion that I ever could.

Hope you are able to check back in now and then during your trip. It never gets old seeing young (or young at heart) persons react to a 1st-time experience of taking in the wonder of the Disney. Our son was 8 when we took him and we had the good fortune to be staying at the then newly opened Grand Floridian in the fall of 88. I wondered how he would process it all and evidently, it worked since he and his wife are now DVC GF owners! Seems like they return to WDW with our 3 1/2-year-old granddaughter at least twice a year. You become guests for life it seems. Now he lays out the plans for us grandparents in a far better fashion that I ever could.
We had been to Disney several times but our ds had his 8th at gf. They left him a doll sized red wagon full of presents! Boy was he surprised and dd jealous!

June 2005

Has there been any chefs preparing anything at either of the lounges, anyone who stayed recently know? Aside from waffles in the morning?

My SL trip last weekend was only three nights so not long enough to have a full menu rotation, but we didn’t have chef prepared items at any of our services (2 breakfasts and 3 evening apps). I was probably just unlucky on timing this trip.

WHY are you asking on EVERY, SINGLE resort thread? Where are you going and which resort rae you interested in?

For the first time I'll be traveling without my husband & son 9/28-11/1 and I'd like to see and experience more during this visit and try things they're not interested in like resort hopping, shopping at the boutiques and eating at a new dining location. I also want to see what takes place on Halloween night even if I cannot participate and I won't know what my options are if I don't ask.

Not unreasonable since we all don't frequent every site. As for the calendars, there are always changes. Better to fish in many spots. Very impressive how all of you are willing to help in the details that make a good trip great!

Exactly!

Super excited. We were able to get a Military Discount on Club Level, Main Building, Theme Park View room in January.

Last year, we were at the Contemporary (Theme Park View), which I loved but after breakfast at the Grand Floridian on our final morning, hubby said we are staying there NEXT TIME. And we are ;-)

Would love any thoughts and tips on the Club Level in the main building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter