(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
C4FC3A4B-56BB-4C86-8CF2-E77DCB7844F1.jpeg 49F15E8D-2CEC-4A46-BE15-C0BCF9687103.jpeg B7BFEA57-D24F-4AF4-8597-51D369B75F41.jpeg
We check in Wednesday for a Theme Park CL room. Since we've never stayed in the main building, I was wondering what floor we might be on? I'm not even sure how many floors of rooms there are in the main bldg. I know the RPC lounge is on the 4th floor from what I've read here.

Also, has anyone ever been at the GF for Valentine's Day? Just wondering if they do anything extra or special for the holiday. (No, I'm not expecting it and won't be disappointed, just didn't want to miss it if it is happening...lol)

TIA for any answers. This is a great info thread :)
I forgot I had these. My friend let me use her room our going home day . 4403 I think.

I have had 4201 and 02 with similar views. Pretty views just further to lounge vs std rooms.

Have a great trip!

Oh and you are welcome.

Last edited:
Has any GFer taken note of monorail morning start times lately?

We have an 8am ADR in the MK and a DM who rides an ECV. Taking all those capital letters into account, I am hoping for an early start for the monorail as a Minnie van is probably out of the question.

Not sure of the monorail start time but I wanted to let you know that you can always get a Minnie van with an ECV. If you call Minnie van Special Services at (407) 828-3500 they will send one (I’ve used it myself). You’ll want to call ahead as there are a limited number. Also when I’ve wanted to get to other resorts etc at times when a wait for the monorail or bus was going to be too long (Very Merry night, etc) I’ve called Mears at (407) 699-9999 and they’ve gotten an ECV-able van to me within 5 mins (and they’re considerably cheaper than Minnie vans). Used for Toy Story early entry and the early time was no issue they were right there.

Not sure of the monorail start time but I wanted to let you know that you can always get a Minnie van with an ECV. If you call Minnie van Special Services at (407) 828-3500 they will send one (I’ve used it myself). You’ll want to call ahead as there are a limited number. Also when I’ve wanted to get to other resorts etc at times when a wait for the monorail or bus was going to be too long (Very Merry night, etc) I’ve called Mears at (407) 699-9999 and they’ve gotten an ECV-able van to me within 5 mins (and they’re considerably cheaper than Minnie vans). Used for Toy Story early entry and the early time was no issue they were right there.
Thank you so much! You have relieved us of a hefty weight ... not to be confused with a hefty monorail wait!

Has anyone stayed sugar loaf CL lately? Wanted to know what they have been serving. 35 days until our trip super excited!
I did sl Jan and rpc may and sept 2018.

I really did not see any changes compared to pix that have been posted except these:

Soup 11:30-4 . Tomato and corn chowder soup alternate. They are really tasty too!

There will be random mornings with Mickey waffles or freshly made donuts.

There will be random evening chef things. Can be an app or dessert. For example they made creme brûlée one night.

Last edited:

We will be coming in August 2020 to celebrate our daughters preschool graduation and 5th birthday. Wanted to know more about afternoon tea options at GF. How long are they? What is the total cost? Are they worth doing? What is the differences between tea with princesses and afternoon tea? I see the cost is quadruaple for tea with princesses vs afternoon tea. What is served at each? We will be doing BBB for her and hopefully eating at CRT and BOG. We will be coming for 5 or 6 days. This will be our daughter's 2nd trip.

I can't answer your questions as we've never done any of the teas, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

Has anyone stayed sugar loaf CL lately? Wanted to know what they have been serving. 35 days until our trip super excited!

I haven't stayed SL recently, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Have you tried looking at YouTube videos lately? If you look up Sugar Loaf at Grand Floridian you will see some recent videos people have taken of the food and rooms! They are definitely very helpful!

I did sl Jan and rpc may and sept 2018.

I really did not see any changes compared to pix that have been posted except these:

Soup 11:30-4 . Tomato and corn chowder soup alternate. They are really tasty too!

There will be random mornings with Mickey waffles or freshly made donuts.

There will be random evening chef things. Can be an app or dessert. For example they made creme brûlée one night.
There you go again talking about the chow! I really want to be there..

2 more sleeps until we check into RPC!!

Gonna get out the suitcase and start packing tonight.:-)
I packed yesterday. Weird not to be cl this trip but DD and I have a breakfast at BWI , the illuminations dinner and the CG brunch so I don't think we will starve.

NEXT stop however will be a family of 4 RPC stay.

Looks like our weather will be decent. :flower1:

2 more sleeps until we check into RPC!!

Gonna get out the suitcase and start packing tonight.:-)
I hope you have a wonderful stay. The BWI CL has my heart but the RPC at the GF is very deserving second!

Can I ask a favor of you if you have the time? My family has stayed at the RPC a number of times and one of those times we stayed in a three bedroom suite on the 5th floor #4022. We are planning a trip for the whole family again in 2021 and would love to stay in those rooms again, as much as for nostalgia as anything else, I have spoken with a travel agent and was told that the GF no longer has any three bedroom suites. I did see a YouTube video done about a year ago that shows the exact suite that we stayed in but they only used two of the bedrooms though you can see in the video the connecting door to the other bedroom. Could you possibly ask while you are there if that suite of rooms is still there? it just seems crazy to me that they would remove a connecting door but I guess it could have happened. Sometimes the CM in the CL know a lot more about the hotel than a CM on a phone who has never been there. If you could inquire for me that would be wonderful and I totally understand if you can't.

I hope you have a wonderful stay. The BWI CL has my heart but the RPC at the GF is very deserving second!

Can I ask a favor of you if you have the time? My family has stayed at the RPC a number of times and one of those times we stayed in a three bedroom suite on the 5th floor #4022. We are planning a trip for the whole family again in 2021 and would love to stay in those rooms again, as much as for nostalgia as anything else, I have spoken with a travel agent and was told that the GF no longer has any three bedroom suites. I did see a YouTube video done about a year ago that shows the exact suite that we stayed in but they only used two of the bedrooms though you can see in the video the connecting door to the other bedroom. Could you possibly ask while you are there if that suite of rooms is still there? it just seems crazy to me that they would remove a connecting door but I guess it could have happened. Sometimes the CM in the CL know a lot more about the hotel than a CM on a phone who has never been there. If you could inquire for me that would be wonderful and I totally understand if you can't.

I will try to remember to ask about the 3BR suite and see if I can find out anything. I'll come back and post what I find out.

I packed yesterday. Weird not to be cl this trip but DD and I have a breakfast at BWI , the illuminations dinner and the CG brunch so I don't think we will starve.

NEXT stop however will be a family of 4 RPC stay.

Looks like our weather will be decent. :flower1:

I look forward to your opinion on CG Brunch, we’ve been considering doing it!

I think it's a 2 bedroom suite and they connect another room. That would be the room our current poster is now on the 5th floor.

I be only ever seen 1 and 2 br listed . Then they add a connecting room if needed.

Sounds like an amazing trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter