(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted champagne and sticky buns :rolleyes1

I said all of the above sweetly not demandingly. I did get lucky that a mgr was nearby and not busy, he was really nice too. :thumbsup2

You have the Midas touch, Trish! But, there's nothing wrong with champagne and sticky buns on arrival ... or any time! :D

Thank you. I always enjoy the café. It's one of my go-to dining spots at WDW. And this particular visit will be for my birthday so maybe a little pixie dust will fall on me!

Here's to Birthday Pixie Dust!!! :bday:

Those 2 rides opened after our last trip to Disney so we all want to do those too!

How does SDD compare to the 7DMT?
I got so lucky dd and I were at wdw in Sept during the AP preview for Toy Story Land. We rode SDD many times.

I felt SDD was about the same. It has more turns where you tilt sideways but the overall ride is doable I think if can handle 7dmt.

I have been on all the rides with dd but DH keeps planning last minute so none available for FP booking.

I am hoping to get these for MAY. I could book the extra FP's with CL but we really only do a few rides a day. My guys prefer the RPC lounge and hanging at the resort.

even though Boca Chica is our favorite place to stay (awesome views!), DH announced we will be staying the DVC part of GF! It will be so nice to not be separated into 2 hotel rooms with our fingers crossed that they will have adjoining doors. I’ve looked at the videos! even more exciting.

even though Boca Chica is our favorite place to stay (awesome views!), DH announced we will be staying the DVC part of GF! It will be so nice to not be separated into 2 hotel rooms with our fingers crossed that they will have adjoining doors. I’ve looked at the videos! even more exciting.
The VGF studios do not connect to one another. They connect to a 1BR villa to form a 2BR lockoff.

You will love the DVC locaton due to the Grand Floridian's compact layout! Not far from lobby, grounds, or the walkway to the Polynesian. Also easy access to monorail via covered walkway.

I got so lucky dd and I were at wdw in Sept during the AP preview for Toy Story Land. We rode SDD many times.

I felt SDD was about the same. It has more turns where you tilt sideways but the overall ride is doable I think if can handle 7dmt.

I have been on all the rides with dd but DH keeps planning last minute so none available for FP booking.

I am hoping to get these for MAY. I could book the extra FP's with CL but we really only do a few rides a day. My guys prefer the RPC lounge and hanging at the resort.
Have them save me a seat in the lounge too!

I just called to look into renting a cabana for my dates in June, and there were Beach Pool Cabanas (what I'm familiar with), beach pool patios, and courtyard pool patios. The CM I spoke with wasn't very clear on the differences, I don't think he really knew. I had wanted a cabana all day but they only had half day, so I went ahead and booked the patio at the courtyard pool for the full day. However, I wanted to find out what the differences are, and if anyone has photos of the patios? What are the amenity differences? I'm assuming there isn't much for the patios, since they are a lot cheaper ($159.75 all day vs $211.94 for a half day cabana). Has anyone rented a patio at the Courtyard pool, and how was your experience? We have twin 2 yr olds, so we wanted shade and a place to help contain them and guarantee a spot with privacy as a nice bonus (wondering if that's gone with a patio?). Actually we've never even gone to the courtyard pool, we only went to the Beach pool on our last stay. Also, as reference, we have rented the patios at the Poly and while we preferred the old cabanas they used to have we still loved the patios, and really loved the patio prices (which are again quite a bit lower than the GF patios, indicating to me they might have more than the Poly ones, which are just seats and a roof for the most part). Any input on the patios would be welcomed, pictures would be awesome :goodvibes!

How early does the GF usually put out its eggs for Easter? I am hoping I can see them in person this year with an early April trip even if its just on checkout day.

Imagine my surprise when our Beach club room turned out to be more expensive than the Grand! I've only ever stayed at GF once and it was an amazing, magical experience. Now that I'm going back (umm 10 years later) I'm filled with questions -

What's considered the quietest outer building for a garden view?
Are the tubs really 'soaking' tubs? There's a mild bath bomb addiction in our family, should we bring some or is it just the regular Disney tub/shower combo?
Do the outer buildings have elevators or just stairs?
Can outer buildings get room service?

Thanks in advance! So excited for our stay!!!

Imagine my surprise when our Beach club room turned out to be more expensive than the Grand! I've only ever stayed at GF once and it was an amazing, magical experience. Now that I'm going back (umm 10 years later) I'm filled with questions -

Are the tubs really 'soaking' tubs? There's a mild bath bomb addiction in our family, should we bring some or is it just the regular Disney tub/shower combo?

Thanks in advance! So excited for our stay!!!
I would say Sago Key. Its the most removed from the pool and it is where Disney usually houses convention guests. There will be less kids in that building.

Unless you're in an upgraded room/suite or staying in the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, it will be a regular tub/shower setup. I find the bathrooms to actually be the biggest downfall of the current GF room.

All outer buildings have little lobbies with elevators.

Yes they can!

Do any GF-lovers ONLY stay at GF (never other resorts)? We are starting to consider this as we love GF so much and feel it’s the perfect fit for us:cloud9:, but don’t want to ‘miss out’ not trying other places.
TIA! :thanks:

Do any GF-lovers ONLY stay at GF (never other resorts)? We are starting to consider this as we love GF so much and feel it’s the perfect fit for us:cloud9:, but don’t want to ‘miss out’ not trying other places.
TIA! :thanks:

We have fallen in love with GF too. We did stay at Animal Kingdom lodge during Thanksgiving week and we loved it. The resort was beautiful and we did feel like we were in Africa. We hope to stay there again, but for this year we have three stays booked and all three involve staying at the Grand. :lovestruc

Stay #1 is a split stay: Yacht club/Grand Floridian
Stay # 2 is a split stay: Boardwalk Inn/Grand Floridian
Stay #3 is strictly Grand Floridian

We find the Grand to be a perfect fit for us as well. We really try to look at other resorts, because we did love the animal kingdom lodge, but we always come back to the Grand.

As Cogsworth says “if it’s not baroque don’t fix it”

I just called to look into renting a cabana for my dates in June, and there were Beach Pool Cabanas (what I'm familiar with), beach pool patios, and courtyard pool patios. The CM I spoke with wasn't very clear on the differences, I don't think he really knew. I had wanted a cabana all day but they only had half day, so I went ahead and booked the patio at the courtyard pool for the full day. However, I wanted to find out what the differences are, and if anyone has photos of the patios? What are the amenity differences? I'm assuming there isn't much for the patios, since they are a lot cheaper ($159.75 all day vs $211.94 for a half day cabana). Has anyone rented a patio at the Courtyard pool, and how was your experience? We have twin 2 yr olds, so we wanted shade and a place to help contain them and guarantee a spot with privacy as a nice bonus (wondering if that's gone with a patio?). Actually we've never even gone to the courtyard pool, we only went to the Beach pool on our last stay. Also, as reference, we have rented the patios at the Poly and while we preferred the old cabanas they used to have we still loved the patios, and really loved the patio prices (which are again quite a bit lower than the GF patios, indicating to me they might have more than the Poly ones, which are just seats and a roof for the most part). Any input on the patios would be welcomed, pictures would be awesome :goodvibes!

I'm interested to know this as well. We are traveling early June and I am considering a cabana for our arrival day. I didn't realize there were other offerings besides a cabana. So you got a patio for $159.75 for a whole day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter