• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but we will be staying at GF in a few weeks! We've eaten at all the restaurants and visited several times, but have never stayed there before. We've booked an outer building, garden view room. I'd really love to have a nice view, and a balcony. Since we've never stayed here before, we will be spending very little time at the parks, and will be focusing on enjoying the hotel. Our budget likely won't allow us to stay there again anytime soon, so we want to make the most of it. For this reason, the room view is particularly important. Thanks for any advice on room requests. Thank you!!
We stayed in May in a garden view room outer building and chose Conch Key. We love the dormer rooms since we find them to be quieter since there is no one above us, we got room 7505. The balcony isnt as large as a lower room but it did have two taller chairs so you could see over the solid rail wall and a small table. Our view was pretty decent we thought ( we usually stay in either Lagoon view or theme park view so we werent expecting as much) we could see the marina part of the lagoon, the monorail, parts of Sago Key and the best part of all was we could see all of the high fireworks from HEA. We could not see the castle or the projections but could easily see every firework that goes off behind the castle area. It was awesome. We were very close to Gasparilla Grill , and super close to the boat dock for the resort launch and we took the easy back way between Sago Key and the main building to get to the bus stop, which made the walk to the buses quicker. Overall, we were very happy with Conch Key.

Thanks for all the tips so far! Do the standard rooms at GF have the shampoo/conditioner pumps in the shower now instead of little individual bottles? TIA!

As of May, everything was still in individual bottles, no dispensers yet. We were happy about that because we could bring a bunch home. Our maid was very good, generous with the products both in the shower and on the vanity. We also were delighted to see a towel animal every day of our 10 day stay. I saved them all and displayed them the entire trip. I let her know how much the cute animals gave us that extra magic to our stay.

Going for my 4th GF stay this September (4th visit in 4 years) with my husband and 5 year old son. Treating ourselves to Club level for the first time - theme park view. Beyond excited is an understatement. One of my favorite GF cast members is Jerry, I have to take a picture with him each time

Have a great time! :wizard:

Getting excited for our trip in 11 days! I have seen pictures of Pooh and Tigger playing lawn games recently? Is this just a random magical moment or is it something that is happening daily?

Getting excited for our trip in 11 days! I have seen pictures of Pooh and Tigger playing lawn games recently? Is this just a random magical moment or is it something that is happening daily?

That was me! They came out every day when I was there in July! I’m not sure if it was just because of the Fourth of July holiday week or not, or a normal thing for them to do. It was usually around the same time each day, but I have to admit, I did not take notice of the time. Have a great time!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...s-information-questions.3336950/post-60873501

I have booked a lagoon view room for February. Do all of the buildings have lagoon view rooms?

As of May, everything was still in individual bottles, no dispensers yet. We were happy about that because we could bring a bunch home. Our maid was very good, generous with the products both in the shower and on the vanity. We also were delighted to see a towel animal every day of our 10 day stay. I saved them all and displayed them the entire trip. I let her know how much the cute animals gave us that extra magic to our stay.

We were at BLT in January and I grabbed all the bottles I could and brought them home for college DD to use at school. Huge waste of plastic but she was happy about not having to buy products. They lasted the whole semester! LOL

I have booked a lagoon view room for February. Do all of the buildings have lagoon view rooms?
I may be wrong, but I think almost all of the outer building lagoon view rooms are mainly in Boca Chica and Big Pine Key. When we have stayed outer bldg lagoon view a few times and that is the two buildings we have always stayed in. TP room finder shows 3 rooms in Conch Key in that category as well but don't know how accurate that is.

We were at BLT in January and I grabbed all the bottles I could and brought them home for college DD to use at school. Huge waste of plastic but she was happy about not having to buy products. They lasted the whole semester! LOL
I agree about the plastic, but you are sooo right, bringing home the shampoo and lotions and mint foot rub and all the other stuff is great. You don’t have to buy anything for a while and if we don’t want to use it, our family that comes to stay loves it and asks to take some of ours home.

That was me! They came out every day when I was there in July! I’m not sure if it was just because of the Fourth of July holiday week or not, or a normal thing for them to do. It was usually around the same time each day, but I have to admit, I did not take notice of the time. Have a great time!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...s-information-questions.3336950/post-60873501
thanks! i saw someone post it on FB again today so I guess it is still going on. Fingers crossed it stays!

Hi all we leave in 2 weeks for our first GF stay! I was thinking about doing the faxed in room request as outlined by touring plans. All I really want is a quiet room with a nice view!:cool1: Should we do this? I've read through the board and seems like everyone likes a different building! We will only be going to MK and EPCOT this trip and would love to go over and visit the Poly. Also does anyone know where I can find the August rec schedule? Thanks!

I noticed you had the same split! We have stayed at BWV many times and LOVE it! This will be the first time at GFV. We are looking forward to the split :-)

We actually own at GFV, but this November will be our first official stay in the villas!! We took a walk over to the villas in July and the lobby was simply breathtaking! We literally sat in there for about a half hour while my kids played checkers on the lobby table! (It was on the table) It really made us excited for our upcoming stay there! Please take some pictures for us!

425C4804-4B09-4E5F-BEE8-C955F3B629EB.jpeg

We actually own at GFV, but this November will be our first official stay in the villas!! We took a walk over to the villas in July and the lobby was simply breathtaking! We literally sat in there for about a half hour while my kids played checkers on the lobby table! (It was on the table) It really made us excited for our upcoming stay there! Please take some pictures for us!

View attachment 423974
Oh we are going in November too but staying at Old Key West - our split stay will be July 2020! You will have to take pics for us :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter