(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they have the metal Star Wars refillable mugs for $30, or $10 if you have the dining plan. No skyliner ones.

As an aside, they hold a lot more than the regular plastic ones and keep drinks much colder. The ice in my drink stays all night if I don’t dump it out. They are definitely worth the $10 more.

Thank you! I know I will pay the $10 to upgrade that's for sure. I hope they still have them when we go in May. Were they at Gasprillas?

Need advice i can move my 1 night GF reservation from and Outer bld theme park view to a Main bld standard view Club level for a $177.12. Is this worth it would you make the jump. Travel with my daughter and her Bestie for a Birthday/Graduation trip.

Rooms 4x13-18 face garden, 4x23-28 fave poly and have a wet bar. I prefer the latter. However 4x17 and 18 have fireworks view from the side.

These are two of the reasons we don't use a ride share app - the taxis are waiting at the resorts and there isn't much of a wait and we don't like to use our phones/apps to pay for stuff. With a taxi we can pay cash, which is safer.

The third reason we don't use the ride shares is that we feel confident that the taxi driver won't get lost, knows what they are doing, and are "safe", meaning not criminals. And I feel sorry for the taxi drivers who are having their lively hoods affected by the rides shares.
We are with you! We always jump in a taxi when when we want to get to or from a park quickly. We never use ride share at home so having my cc info on a ride share app you may use only once a year or on vacation is not necessary for us. We also pay them only in cash, which they all happily accept, and we even bring extra cab money for this purpose. We have used them quite a bit and have always had awesome drivers who are friendly and go from point A to point B the quickest way possible (we know our way around, so we know we are getting no extra drive time)
At the GF last May, we even got the same driver 3 different times. So for us, its taxi cab all the way.

Need advice i can move my 1 night GF reservation from and Outer bld theme park view to a Main bld standard view Club level for a $177.12. Is this worth it would you make the jump. Travel with my daughter and her Bestie for a Birthday/Graduation trip.

Yes! :goodvibes

The building is cool! The 5th floor couches are fun to hang out on.

There are 2 outdoor large balconies floor 3.

Scones at 2:30!

Mickey waffles in the morning!

Desserts !!!

Access to the golden elevator in the lobby! My dd always wanted that lol!

:thumbsup2

Hi everyone. Newbie here. We are considering purchasing direct at VGF (yeah....we know the insanity of the current price...sigh). Need your input regarding a potential fixed week contract. We travel late May - early June and need to get an idea if the 11 month availability on studios is really tough at this time of year and whether VGF is simply difficult to get regardless of the season. We appreciate any input you can provide. Looking forward to officially being part of the DVC VGF family! Thanks!

Hi everyone. Newbie here. We are considering purchasing direct at VGF (yeah....we know the insanity of the current price...sigh). Need your input regarding a potential fixed week contract. We travel late May - early June and need to get an idea if the 11 month availability on studios is really tough at this time of year and whether VGF is simply difficult to get regardless of the season. We appreciate any input you can provide. Looking forward to officially being part of the DVC VGF family! Thanks!
I have a fixed week contract for a VGF studio for the first week of July. I have never used the fixed week feature. But here is what I would say.

1) Totally worth it if you are going in a high demand period like fall or Christmas. In late May, early June, you should have no trouble at 11 months out. I suggest you check out this thread for more info on availability. https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-bd-charts-september-2019-2-bd-added.3689931/

2) Fixed week gives you less flexibility. You must book 7 nights. You must book the size and view (e.g. studio, standard view). If you decide you want a 1BR or 2 BR, the fixed week does not help (unless you bought that size of FW). We do a lot of check-in Sunday - Check out-Saturday morning trips. With a fixed week, we would have to check out Sunday morning. (7 nights - 8 days)

3) Your points go farther if you don’t use the FW. For example, my contract gives me a week that would cost me, say, 165 points. But if I don’t use the fixed week, I have 186 points to use anywhere. So even if you want to use the week you bought, it can make sense to cancel your FW reservation and rebook it as a regular reservation so you have more points.

4) Fixed weeks are not very valuable on the resale market, unless it is a high demand week in Fall or CHristmas. I bought my 186 points resale for less than a non-FW, possibly because people don’t understand them. Also because the people in the market at the time you are selling may not need the week you are selling.

5) If you borrow points from a future year from this contract, the FW is automatically cancelled (i.e. Will never be booked). If your points for the year are intact, then sometime in the 12th month before your dates, you will see your vacation get booked. If you don’t want it, you can always cancel.

If I were you, for that time frame, I would pass on the fixed week. That would also make resale points an option for you. If you want the Direct benefits, you could buy the minimum amount direct, and get the rest later through resale. But if you need the points quickly, Direct will get you that.

Also, there is a section of DisBoards that is just DVC. You are in a thread that covers mainly the Hotel side, but also covers DVC. Be sure to read the threads in the DVC section before buying.

Finally, VGF is an amazing resort. We love it there. You can’t go wrong buying at VGF.

I have a fixed week contract for a VGF studio for the first week of July. I have never used the fixed week feature. But here is what I would say.

1) Totally worth it if you are going in a high demand period like fall or Christmas. In late May, early June, you should have no trouble at 11 months out. I suggest you check out this thread for more info on availability. https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-bd-charts-september-2019-2-bd-added.3689931/

2) Fixed week gives you less flexibility. You must book 7 nights. You must book the size and view (e.g. studio, standard view). If you decide you want a 1BR or 2 BR, the fixed week does not help (unless you bought that size of FW). We do a lot of check-in Sunday - Check out-Saturday morning trips. With a fixed week, we would have to check out Sunday morning. (7 nights - 8 days)

3) Your points go farther if you don’t use the FW. For example, my contract gives me a week that would cost me, say, 165 points. But if I don’t use the fixed week, I have 186 points to use anywhere. So even if you want to use the week you bought, it can make sense to cancel your FW reservation and rebook it as a regular reservation so you have more points.

4) Fixed weeks are not very valuable on the resale market, unless it is a high demand week in Fall or CHristmas. I bought my 186 points resale for less than a non-FW, possibly because people don’t understand them. Also because the people in the market at the time you are selling may not need the week you are selling.

5) If you borrow points from a future year from this contract, the FW is automatically cancelled (i.e. Will never be booked). If your points for the year are intact, then sometime in the 12th month before your dates, you will see your vacation get booked. If you don’t want it, you can always cancel.

If I were you, for that time frame, I would pass on the fixed week. That would also make resale points an option for you. If you want the Direct benefits, you could buy the minimum amount direct, and get the rest later through resale. But if you need the points quickly, Direct will get you that.

Also, there is a section of DisBoards that is just DVC. You are in a thread that covers mainly the Hotel side, but also covers DVC. Be sure to read the threads in the DVC section before buying.

Finally, VGF is an amazing resort. We love it there. You can’t go wrong buying at VGF.
Learned a lot! Thx

Does anyone know if GF has a decent princess dress selection ? We want our girls to pick out a new dress before our ADR at 1900 Park Fare, but they aren’t doing the BBB this time around. We are staying at Poly, but I felt like I might have a better shot at finding dresses at GF?

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

Yes! They will love it and so will you. Enjoy!

Are you really allowed to use the GF pools if you’re a spa guest for the day? I saw somebody say this in a different thread on Senses and it didn’t sound right to me lol. I know you can use the spa facilities all day, but this is news to me. Just asking because we do have an appointment there on our May trip.

Are you really allowed to use the GF pools if you’re a spa guest for the day? I saw somebody say this in a different thread on Senses and it didn’t sound right to me lol. I know you can use the spa facilities all day, but this is news to me. Just asking because we do have an appointment there on our May trip.

Here’s what it says on their website:

Facilities
Guests with reservations at the spa have full-day access (on the day of service) to our amenities, which include a steam room, whirlpool and relaxation lounges. A swimsuit is required to use these facilities. Access to spa facilities and amenities is not included with salon services.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/spas/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/senses-spa/

Here’s what it says on their website:

Facilities
Guests with reservations at the spa have full-day access (on the day of service) to our amenities, which include a steam room, whirlpool and relaxation lounges. A swimsuit is required to use these facilities. Access to spa facilities and amenities is not included with salon services.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/spas/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/senses-spa/

Thanks, for some reason I couldn’t find it on the site. I knew that didn’t sound right!:rotfl2:

I personally have not tried the spa, but maybe someone who has can confirm. Doesn’t seem to mention it on their site, though.

We had leg and foot massages on our last trip and used the steam room and whirlpool for a bit afterwards but that was a couple of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter