(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finally getting a chance to catch up to this thread. I love your pics @FastPassPluto, they look great. What lens did you use? Did you use raw and process them? What ap, iso, and ss did you use for the outdoor shots? Are those info on the flickr page?

Hey! Thank you! Lens used was an 18-55mm lens, all the info about them is on Flickr yes :D

We are heading to the GF for our first time this month!!! booked garden view outer building…have been searching for room requests to make with no luck….any suggestions for me??

We are heading to the GF for our first time this month!!! booked garden view outer building…have been searching for room requests to make with no luck….any suggestions for me??
We stayed in Big Pine Key and thought it was a great location. Close to the main building, both pools, food and the monorail. It was a little far from the boat but not to bad. If you ask for Big Pine Key close to the main building I think that is a good location.

Thank you. I just requested high floor so far. Did you do online check in?? Haven't done that before so not sure if I should or not

Hey everyone. Just checking in for some sunshine from the GF Forum.

I am sitting in the Reagan Airport right now, 2 hours from home, and enduring this MISERABLE cold and wet weather. OMG it's terrible. I so need some Florida sunshine. ☀️☀️. And I can hardly wait until my vacation in December!

For those of you who have just returned recently from the GF...does everybody have to wear magic bands to the pool, or can just one person? They still weren't really checking MBs when we were there in February, but they always check at BC, so I'm curious to know if that has changed??

For those of you who have just returned recently from the GF...does everybody have to wear magic bands to the pool, or can just one person? They still weren't really checking MBs when we were there in February, but they always check at BC, so I'm curious to know if that has changed??

When we were there in August they were not checking at either pool.

When we were there in August they were not checking at either pool.
Thanks! I like to bejewel my MB, and when we were at BC in June, the jewels literally started melting off when I was in the hot tub:rotfl2:!! I know I could just NOT bejewel it, but it looks so pretty...so sparkly:) I haven't always done this... I just got bored with the other ones!

Thanks! I like to bejewel my MB, and when we were at BC in June, the jewels literally started melting off when I was in the hot tub:rotfl2:!! I know I could just NOT bejewel it, but it looks so pretty...so sparkly:) I haven't always done this... I just got bored with the other ones!

@Dispro1 - did you get everything worked our for your DD's friend to come along? Only 4 days left until you leave!!

Hey everyone. Just checking in for some sunshine from the GF Forum.

I am sitting in the Reagan Airport right now, 2 hours from home, and enduring this MISERABLE cold and wet weather. OMG it's terrible. I so need some Florida sunshine. ☀️☀️. And I can hardly wait until my vacation in December!

Also "enjoying" the beautiful rain and dreariness of DC right now! I love the Fall but it got cold quick here! Hopefully it will get back into the 70's next week!

I know I could use some Florida sunshine, it's rainy and cold here but back in the 80s by Tuesday :tongue::crazy:

Your lucky, I doubt we will see the 80's again here in N.E. Ohio until next June. :goodvibes

Let's hope it warms up some, we get a long Fall, a short winter, and then back to a long Spring!

Good luck in NE OH...brrrrr!

Also "enjoying" the beautiful rain and dreariness of DC right now! I love the Fall but it got cold quick here! Hopefully it will get back into the 70's next week!

Let's hope it warms up some, we get a long Fall, a short winter, and then back to a long Spring!

Good luck in NE OH...brrrrr!

Hopefully even for two days it will warm up. The temperatures wouldn't be bad if the rain wasn't cold.

Your lucky, I doubt we will see the 80's again here in N.E. Ohio until next June. :goodvibes
The only downfall to the up down from 60s to 80s is a lot of us end up with colds.

@Dispro1 - did you get everything worked our for your DD's friend to come along? Only 4 days left until you leave!!
Well, she's going...but everything is not exactly worked out...but I have some Valium if I need it -lol;) We are going to have to wing it on a couple of ADRs, but the IPO said there's a pretty good chance they will seat her with us since we are often seated at a table for 6 anyway...although we may have to wait a little longer, but that's no big deal. Worse case, DH, DD11 and I will take the ADR and the two 17 year olds can do whatever they want (which they might like better anyway)! At least I got an additional ADR for Cali Grill so we can watch Hallowishes from up there Friday night:D! We got all of her FPs booked except SDMT of course, but she can ride that at MNSSHP.

Well, she's going...but everything is not exactly worked out...but I have some Valium if I need it -lol;) We are going to have to wing it on a couple of ADRs, but the IPO said there's a pretty good chance they will seat her with us since we are often seated at a table for 6 anyway...although we may have to wait a little longer, but that's no big deal. Worse case, DH, DD11 and I will take the ADR and the two 17 year olds can do whatever they want (which they might like better anyway)! At least I got an additional ADR for Cali Grill so we can watch Hallowishes from up there Friday night:D! We got all of her FPs booked except SDMT of course, but she can ride that at MNSSHP.

Glad it's working out. You sound like the kind of mom who can "go with the flow" - easier on everyone. Have a great trip. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter