(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can they walk short distances or do they need wheelchairs for any distance? I don't know about someone pushing the wheelchair but there's a good chance CL staff could get them a golf cart ride

They can walk short distances. They live on their own. The spa is just a little further away than everything else at the resort.

They can walk short distances. They live on their own. The spa is just a little further away than everything else at the resort.

We have had the pleasure of massages there, so I understand! We actually went from Narcoossee's to Senses which is opposite sides of the resort. I have been offered golf cart rides around the resort many times and bell services uses them regularly. I'm sure a ride could be arranged for your grandparents and then they could leave the scooter and chair behind. Might be an even more relaxing experience that way!

They will happily take them as long as they can get to and board the cart without assistance. I know it’s sad but a harsh reality of corporations today. The no physical assistance is a big deal. I know people get upset especially when they cannot get assistance boarding or exiting a ride.

We asked for some GF stationery during our last RPC visit. We received six sheets of paper and six envelopes. We still have a few sheets. They make lovely reminders of earlier days of the GF.

It's great they still have it, I never imagined they would. I need to get better about handwritten thank you notes and such. I treasure the one's I receive as they are so infrequent, but I am guilty of using email most of the time now.

I remember using the stationary at the Poly in 2010, do you think they will have it in the villas or can be requested from the front desk in the villas building?

My family is staying at the GF Royal Palm Club for the first time in a few months. If I have a room request, should I email concierge, or just make the request by calling Disney reservations? Not sure if concierge can add requests to my reservation or not. Thank you!

My family is staying at the GF Royal Palm Club for the first time in a few months. If I have a room request, should I email concierge, or just make the request by calling Disney reservations? Not sure if concierge can add requests to my reservation or not. Thank you!

We often stay CL and always use DSS (Disney Signature Services) to add room requests to our reservations. I usually e-mail, but calling is fine too. So easy.

If needed, contact info is below. Include your reservation # on any e-mail correspondence.

(407) 939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

Enjoy RPC!

We asked for some GF stationery during our last RPC visit. We received six sheets of paper and six envelopes. We still have a few sheets. They make lovely reminders of earlier days of the GF.
:sad: I’m so sad I never asked RPC for it. I just didn’t think they had it anymore since none in desk drawer.

:sad: I’m so sad I never asked RPC for it. I just didn’t think they had it anymore since none in desk drawer.
Oh, that is sad. There are always things I wish I had done or purchased or eaten during a visit. While these omissions vex me for a while, they also provide wonderful motivation for another WDW trip! :D

NinePoundLemon, I would follow GADisneyDad14's advice.

We had the great good fortune of staying at the RPC when the GF's Itinerary Planning Office was still up and running. The IPO was always wonderful as each CM knew the GF intimately and we knew each CM very well. Planning for our upcoming May trip has been the first time we have used Disney Signature Services. While the DSS is a centralised service, the CMs have been efficient and very sweet to deal with. I'm sure they can handle room requests easily.

Have a wonderful trip! BTW, love the name ... I wouldn't mind being on Living with the Land at the moment! :-)

As others have posted, you can call Disney reservations, DSS, or both to have requests noted. Have a great trip and enjoy RPC :wizard:.

Just got home yesterday from our trip to WDW/GF. I had actually won the trip through a sweepstakes sponsored by Latina Magazine and chose to stay at the GF. I was perfectly happy with a standard room at the GF only to find out at check-in that we were upgraded to Club Level! I'm not sure I will ever be able to do Disney any other way. The CMs at the Royal Palm Club were amazing. They felt like family by the end of the week. If I had not been traveling with my 13yo son I would have never left the GF all week. The real world is overrated. I want to live at the Grand Floridian!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter