(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there! Have you been back to GF after your stay in room 4001??? I wonder how I would feel if I return to GF and stay in the standard room. For that reason, my DH and I decide to stay at a different resort next time so to preserve our magical memory at GF.
I also wonder how often GF opens that suite to resort guests.
I know another diser that was upgraded there for her birthday. She had kids and her dad with her and I guess they thought she needed the space.

We do!! The only positive thing about waiting is we are doing GF 2x next year, so it will be worth it! It really is our favorite place to be.

Where are you staying in 2 months?!

The GF is definitely worth the wait, especially for 2 trips :goodvibes.

We're staying Poly CL. We've stayed Poly standard in the past and love everything about the resort, so I'm excited to try CL :).

I like Big Pine Key for pool access. Sago is quiet, Conch is great for boat, and Boca Chica have nice views of pool.

Really GF is pretty quiet and lovely everywhere.

:thumbsup2

:wave: @MickeyNut,:wave2: @BlueSkies, :wave: @Maxie86 and anyone else I know that I missed

Hi there :wave2:....nice to "see" you. Hope things are well with you.

We're staying Poly CL. We've stayed Poly standard in the past and love everything about the resort, so I'm excited to try CL :).

:thumbsup2

Sounds great!!! We just stayed Poly in July and we really enjoyed it too!!! I think you’ll have a great time!!!!!!

Sounds great!!! We just stayed Poly in July and we really enjoyed it too!!! I think you’ll have a great time!!!!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the Poly! Thanks, it's been a long time since my last Poly stay, so I'm really looking forward to getting back there and trying CL :goodvibes.

Hope you have a great time at CCV in a few months :wizard:.

Hi there! Have you been back to GF after your stay in room 4001??? I wonder how I would feel if I return to GF and stay in the standard room. For that reason, my DH and I decide to stay at a different resort next time so to preserve our magical memory at GF.
I also wonder how often GF opens that suite to resort guests.

Yes I was, haven't been since 2012.
We were AP (Annual Pass) holders so we took a bunch of 3 night trips and 2 of them were pixie dust upgrades. I know were in 4002 & 4026 but I'm just as happy in a regular/standard room in RPC as I am in the suites. I know I still have the text on a cell saying my room was ready and it;s 4001, I can even tell where I was when I I received that text.

The 2010 trip was also the one where I got sick as a dog and I'm blaming the previous occupant(who is a celeb who was there to host the Christmas parade) even though that I know I probably picked it up on the plane...
:wave2:

Remember the snack drawer in the rooms??? Ds loved treating himself to KitKats and Goldfish crackers:rotfl:
And the stocked fridge

Everything is good here

Anyone who is going to be there 8/23-27 going to MNSSHP? I’d meet up with you and pay for the new oogie boogie popcorn holder! My husband really wants one but doesn’t want to go to the party lol

Headed to GF for the first time in just two days!!!:yay: Can anyone tell me if each floor has and ice maker on it? I can't seem to find this info anywhere. TIA!

Headed to GF for the first time in just two days!!!:yay: Can anyone tell me if each floor has and ice maker on it? I can't seem to find this info anywhere. TIA!
Congrats on your upcoming stay! I hope you love the GF as we do! :cloud9:

As for ice machines, I can only speak to our past stays. As far as I can recall, there were machines on the floors where we stayed. They were in a seperate service room labelled, funnily enough, 'ICE'. :-) You will find an ice bucket in your room near the coffee maker.

Have a wonderful stay!

Anyone who is going to be there 8/23-27 going to MNSSHP? I’d meet up with you and pay for the new oogie boogie popcorn holder! My husband really wants one but doesn’t want to go to the party lol
I am going to the party on the 24th. If I can grab one for you I’ll let you know.

Can anyone tell me if the outer building garden view rooms have a keurig coffee maker. I saw 2 videos on YouTube that showed those coffee makers but I read a post on here that the only rooms with keurig coffee makers are club level. Could someone who is there now confirm this for me please? We leave in 4 days and I want to know whether or not to bring my own pods. Thanks

Can anyone tell me if the outer building garden view rooms have a keurig coffee maker. I saw 2 videos on YouTube that showed those coffee makers but I read a post on here that the only rooms with keurig coffee makers are club level. Could someone who is there now confirm this for me please? We leave in 4 days and I want to know whether or not to bring my own pods. Thanks
The non-cl rooms definitely have Keurigs. They were added when the dressers were cut and tvs got upgraded in 2017.

I took this photo in Conch Key last month:

upload_2018-8-10_23-45-8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter