(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone and Happy Memorial Day!

I went to see Aladdin last night and all I have to say is GO SEE IT!!:genie: The only negative is that it made me want to jump on a flight to MCO.

BTW this new site is going to take a while to get used too:confused3

Ooh pix posted from iPad without resizing!

Cupcakes at gaspies...new seating...new centerpiece rpc... @ahcupcake bday champagne!

Attachments

• 10598301-562E-44F4-9BFD-FE268F89DEED.jpeg
    10598301-562E-44F4-9BFD-FE268F89DEED.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 60
  • B0646F82-D949-4ACC-96FE-1167279B072C.jpeg
    B0646F82-D949-4ACC-96FE-1167279B072C.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 372B0FBA-B931-4D28-80B4-7212FE4FFAF9.jpeg
    372B0FBA-B931-4D28-80B4-7212FE4FFAF9.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 62
  • FF2872D1-5A5C-4426-A6B4-8BB75B7F83B2.jpeg
    FF2872D1-5A5C-4426-A6B4-8BB75B7F83B2.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 672B6ACE-C5BB-4741-9481-B51ABA0D46DE.jpeg
    672B6ACE-C5BB-4741-9481-B51ABA0D46DE.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 59
  • F862988D-BFD9-43BA-A64E-EF4C6F1757D8.jpeg
    F862988D-BFD9-43BA-A64E-EF4C6F1757D8.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 57

A few months ago I read about the Grand Floridian Dooney and Bourke line that was released. Can anyone at the resort now confirm whether those are still available or whether they immediately sold out? I'd love to purchase a wallet when we're there in November!

Got our room ready text at 10:30 this morning. We were still over at Hard Rock and planning a few hours at universal so haven't gone over yet. Going to grab lunch then go. Got a room on 3rd floor of Sago Key.

Hope you have a great time! We are heading to the GF next Wednesday! I can't wait!!! Hope you post some information about how things are. I have been interested to hear about some recent stays after the anticipated negative review which is suppose to be coming.

Got our room ready text at 10:30 this morning. We were still over at Hard Rock and planning a few hours at universal so haven't gone over yet. Going to grab lunch then go. Got a room on 3rd floor of Sago Key.

Have a great time!!! 👍

I listened to one of the podcast shows yesterday (I think it was the dining show - a review of the Grand Floridian Cafe). In it Pete mentioned that the GFC was wonderful, but the resort is an anomaly because of how good the GFC was and how bad the rest of the resort was. He didn't actually say it that way, he alluded to it and said we would have to wait for the review. I wonder what happened? I'm really curious, and wonder if it was really terrible or just something that wouldn't really bother me but happened to get under his skin? I'm hoping for the latter.

We stayed a few nights at the GF a few weeks ago. We had a room in Boca Chica and to be honest with you we were kinda let down by the room a little bit and condition of the elevators. They looked sort of dingy and not something you would expect when staying at the Grand. We had the 40% AP discount so didn't put up a big fuss. I think the rooms do need to be updated and one of the beds squeaked in a certain part and as far as the elevators go there was numerous stains and the gold wasn't polished. The grounds were lovely as always and service was friendly. I really wanted to like it here but honestly if we do decide to stay on property again I think we will be choosing another resort. It might've just been a bad room we received and don't want to stir anyone away from staying at the Grand and just wanted to give my personal experience. Hope others who are staying at the Grand in the future are blessed with a nicer room.

How was your trip?!
@Dispro1 was there part of the trip and our families have overlapped many times now. Lotsa champagne shared lol.

It was an awesome trip! Dd and I had our girl time and then we all got together for 3 days.

Dh finally got to try SDD and fop. Hard to believe with as many times that I have done them .

The new cm’s In rpc were great. Best trip by far with their interactions. I saw so many people with champagne at breakfast etc. for the 1st time I didnt feel like I was bothering anybody.

Oh I had a lv booked for the kids 2 nites and they got a TPV room, end of BPK. Dd got her castle :)

We are now flying in the night before our trip, arriving in Orlando, at 9:30p, and decided to book ASM for the one night using a really great friends and family discount. The next morning, we plan to Uber over to the GF to start our trip but here's my dilemma. We are going to need a few things for our room at the GF like a case of water, some alcohol, couple of snacks, etc. and not sure if I should make a stop somewhere to buy this stuff before we get to the Grand or if I should just order online and have it delivered. On past trips, we'd make a stop at Gooding's over by Disney Springs but I've heard the grocery store is no longer, if that's the case, where else can we go that's close by? Also, if we did an online order and purchased alcohol, do one of us have to be present when they deliver? Thought I heard that too but not sure how that works. Thoughts anyone?

BTW this new site is going to take a while to get used too:confused3

As to the new site, I feel the same!

I agree with you both, this new site will take some getting used to :rolleyes1.

Cupcakes at gaspies...new seating...

Those cupcakes look delicious!! And I love the new seating :goodvibes.

We are heading to the GF next Wednesday! I can't wait!!!

Have a great trip! :wizard:

We stayed a few nights at the GF a few weeks ago. We had a room in Boca Chica and to be honest with you we were kinda let down by the room a little bit and condition of the elevators. They looked sort of dingy and not something you would expect when staying at the Grand. We had the 40% AP discount so didn't put up a big fuss. I think the rooms do need to be updated and one of the beds squeaked in a certain part and as far as the elevators go there was numerous stains and the gold wasn't polished. The grounds were lovely as always and service was friendly. I really wanted to like it here but honestly if we do decide to stay on property again I think we will be choosing another resort. It might've just been a bad room we received and don't want to stir anyone away from staying at the Grand and just wanted to give my personal experience. Hope others who are staying at the Grand in the future are blessed with a nicer room.

Sorry about the room condition, but hope you had a nice trip overall :).

@Dispro1 was there part of the trip and our families have overlapped many times now. Lotsa champagne shared lol.

It was an awesome trip! Dd and I had our girl time and then we all got together for 3 days.

Dh finally got to try SDD and fop. Hard to believe with as many times that I have done them .

The new cm’s In rpc were great. Best trip by far with their interactions. I saw so many people with champagne at breakfast etc. for the 1st time I didnt feel like I was bothering anybody.

Oh I had a lv booked for the kids 2 nites and they got a TPV room, end of BPK. Dd got her castle :)

I’m so happy you had a great time!!! That’s great to hear about the ‘free flowing mimosas!!’ 😜 They really are s nice touch in the morning! How were the offerings? Anything new or exciting to report?!

That’s wonderful you were able to get your DD a TPV!! She must have been in her glory! Can’t beat waking up to the castle! :cloud9:

We are now flying in the night before our trip, arriving in Orlando, at 9:30p, and decided to book ASM for the one night using a really great friends and family discount. The next morning, we plan to Uber over to the GF to start our trip but here's my dilemma. We are going to need a few things for our room at the GF like a case of water, some alcohol, couple of snacks, etc. and not sure if I should make a stop somewhere to buy this stuff before we get to the Grand or if I should just order online and have it delivered. On past trips, we'd make a stop at Gooding's over by Disney Springs but I've heard the grocery store is no longer, if that's the case, where else can we go that's close by? Also, if we did an online order and purchased alcohol, do one of us have to be present when they deliver? Thought I heard that too but not sure how that works. Thoughts anyone?
We ordered food from Amazon while at the GF, and yes, you need to be present for any delivery containing alcohol.

We somehow missed our delivery guy's call when he arrived, and he could only leave the bags he had that did not contain alcohol with bell services. We'd only ordered one bottle of wine but ended up not getting a lot of our stuff because of the way things were packaged. He said he was not allowed to open the bags to just remove the alcohol.

I’m so happy you had a great time!!! That’s great to hear about the ‘free flowing mimosas!!’ 😜 They really are s nice touch in the morning! How were the offerings? Anything new or exciting to report?!

That’s wonderful you were able to get your DD a TPV!! She must have been in her glory! Can’t beat waking up to the castle! :cloud9:
Our room was in good condition. We had 4426 which is on the atrium and faces poly.

Our housekeeper was super!

Most stuff looked similar. I thought of you chicken nugget nights. DD was mad she missed the corndogs lol. (they had them last night but she left before us)

The alcohol was all different. The sparkling was Michelle (my friend at WL cl said same there). I really just didn't do pix or pay attention this trip. I was too busy having a grand time!

There were mickey waffles Sun and Mon. (not, thu/fri/sat)

I did notice a man was drinking a choc milk midday so I asked what it was and he had it with kahlua. They really seemed to step it up to be more a FUN trip.

Our room was in good condition. We had 4426 which is on the atrium and faces poly.

Our housekeeper was super!

Most stuff looked similar. I thought of you chicken nugget nights. DD was mad she missed the corndogs lol. (they had them last night but she left before us)

The alcohol was all different. The sparkling was Michelle (my friend at WL cl said same there). I really just didn't do pix or pay attention this trip. I was too busy having a grand time!

There were mickey waffles Sun and Mon. (not, thu/fri/sat)

I did notice a man was drinking a choc milk midday so I asked what it was and he had it with kahlua. They really seemed to step it up to be more a FUN trip.
@trishadono Did 4426 have the little extra wet bar and entryway that the SV RPC rooms that face the courtyard pool don't have? I thought I had read that somewhere on here a while back (regarding the bank of rooms across the atrium facing the Poly), but don't often get firsthand information about RPC rooms. I am requesting 4th floor facing the Poly/lagoon for our upcoming SV RPC stay, because even though you don't see fireworks I always seem to think a water view is better than a resort view, and I had read those rooms were a little bigger with the wet bar/sink area. What are your thoughts on RPC SV rooms? Because we have twin 2 yr olds I did put 4th floor as my first request, because even though there are easy stairs from the 3rd floor it would be so much easier to just either walk out or take the stroller without an elevator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter