(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only my GF friends would understand this....

With heavy heart I just canceled my two trips planned for 2019. I had amazing dinner reservations that I spent hours fine tuning. Thank goodness I didn't get the FP portion on my planning. My DS just became a NY Police Officer and no vacations until next year, maybe a day or two somewhere but who knows.:sad:

Now to wait for 2020....Hoping for me and DH alone early June and with the kids in the fall!!!:wizard:

Keep the photos, trip reports and whatever else you got to entertain me during the wait...Thank you thank you:rotfl2::goodvibes

I’m sorry you had to cancel, but so proud of your DS!!! I wish him all the best!!! Please thank him for keeping us safe! I’ll be back in November, so I’ll be sure to take more pictures!

Only my GF friends would understand this....

With heavy heart I just canceled my two trips planned for 2019. I had amazing dinner reservations that I spent hours fine tuning. Thank goodness I didn't get the FP portion on my planning. My DS just became a NY Police Officer and no vacations until next year, maybe a day or two somewhere but who knows.:sad:

Now to wait for 2020....Hoping for me and DH alone early June and with the kids in the fall!!!:wizard:

Keep the photos, trip reports and whatever else you got to entertain me during the wait...Thank you thank you:rotfl2::goodvibes

I'm sorry you had to cancel your trips. I've had to do that a few times in the past and while it isn't fun, you'll be planning another trip before you know it! With that said, congratulations to your DS!!! Best of wishes to him as a NY police officer :wizard:.

I’m sorry you had to cancel, but so proud of your DS!!! I wish him all the best!!! Please thank him for keeping us safe! I’ll be back in November, so I’ll be sure to take more pictures!
I'm sorry you had to cancel your trips. I've had to do that a few times in the past and while it isn't fun, you'll be planning another trip before you know it! With that said, congratulations to your DS!!! Best of wishes to him as a NY police officer :wizard:.

Thank you girls!!! Your the best!:flower1:! Can't wait for your trips and I can't wait until I am planning another!:surfweb:

I've been so swamped that I literally just realized we are 3 weeks away from our trip!! And even though 2019 has not been a kind year for us so far, really hoping that things turn around with the start of this trip. Lord knows we need this vacation :faint:

Thank you girls!!! Your the best!:flower1:! Can't wait for your trips and I can't wait until I am planning another!:surfweb:

You're welcome!!! You will be planning another trip before you know it! :goodvibes

I've been so swamped that I literally just realized we are 3 weeks away from our trip!! And even though 2019 has not been a kind year for us so far, really hoping that things turn around with the start of this trip. Lord knows we need this vacation :faint:

I'm sorry things haven't gone so well for you this year. Hope things get better and you have a great trip :flower3:.

So sorry to hear it's been a tough year. But nothings better the a Disney trip at the Grand for a turn around! Have a magical time!

Just got back from 8 nights in the SL. All in all it was a great stay.

The tea and dessert food offerings were a bit of a let down from our last stay there in 2015 but our breakfast needs were met and I did manage to eat (too) many scones and mini-cheesecakes over the week.

Housekeeping was absolutely wonderful! High fives to them all the way around!

We had two connecting rooms behind the partial wall that blocks the lounge. I won’t complain (too much) because I had requested ground floor for our guaranteed connecting for families rooms and very much appreciate that that request was met.

I had requested to be away from the kitchen/lounge and that request obviously wasn’t met and it was very noisy especially early in the morning with young kids screaming and people talking loudly and banging dishes and a couple of times we were woken up by cleaning people vacuuming and moving chairs in the middle of the night which was not expected or appreciated.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but I do feel like the main building lobby furniture is showing its age and could use some updating.

Loved the music and the grounds. All in all the GF was beautiful as always!

We did experience some transportation issues a few days with the monorails and so we were grateful for the boat from MK.

A little housekeeping magic! Not sure why its sideways..lol

Looking forward to next time!!!
3D2AF68D-5DE9-44FB-8026-FADBA8581132.jpeg

Last edited:
Is there a Starbucks on property? We got a few Starbucks gift cards I was hoping to use to grab a quick breakfast at the resort before going to the parks.

Is there a Starbucks on property? We got a few Starbucks gift cards I was hoping to use to grab a quick breakfast at the resort before going to the parks.
Not at the resorts, only in each theme park and Disney springs.

The WDW QS restaurants brew Joffrey's. Some resorts like GF, Poly, CR, and BC have specialty coffee bars that will also brew Joffrey's and make espresso and lattes. GF has a counter to the left inside Gasparilla, CR has Contemporary Grounds on the first floor of the lobby, Poly has Kona Island on the second floor of the lobby, and BC has a coffee bar in the solarium.

Hey guys! So we got back Monday am from our amazing stay at GF! As always, our room was spotless, the pools were amazing and the grounds were gorgeous!!! They did a great job for the 4th of July celebration! I posted a full review on the CL board, but thought I’d just add some pictures here.

View attachment 416910View attachment 416911View attachment 416912View attachment 416913View attachment 416914View attachment 416915View attachment 416916View attachment 416917View attachment 416918
I love your photos! Wish I were back there! Why were Tigger and Pooh on the grounds? I’ve never seen that before.

When making a room request in SL, would you guys request a non dormer room? We are 5 adults in the room and need as much room as possible. Thanks!

I love your photos! Wish I were back there! Why were Tigger and Pooh on the grounds? I’ve never seen that before.

They came out every day in the afternoon over by the outdoor kids games and played with any kids who were over there!! It was such a nice surprise to see them! Tigger was amazing at corn hole, I personally wouldn’t go against him 😂

(Sorry, not sure why pictures come out sideways)

08364013-71DA-470E-B259-CFB4A4A3E0CE.jpegDEB574C1-3D93-4989-AB5E-B138A75ED87D.jpeg0B854B27-E384-4341-A29D-90472EF5C035.jpegF132AE1C-A8CF-4E80-A81A-7A82DB92E2F7.jpegAAB2236A-9728-498D-B00A-AEF95DC572D3.jpeg44AA66FE-B73A-4E79-8E1B-91DAA3D27BED.jpegF3D72968-5531-43F6-A6C0-F72347297390.jpeg

22 days to go!! We just "picked" our room for our TP room request! Found a nice garden view room with peekaboo views of the lagoon. Fingers crossed we get something close to our request!

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

When making a room request in SL, would you guys request a non dormer room? We are 5 adults in the room and need as much room as possible. Thanks!

This is from allears.net:

What is the difference between a standard room and a dormer (“attic”) room?
Both types of rooms are furnished the same and contain the same features. The dormer rooms are actually a bit smaller (3 feet smaller) than the standard rooms, but seem larger, since dormer rooms feature vaulted ceilings. Standard rooms sleep 5 people, while dormer rooms sleep only 4. Dormerrooms are also the only rooms to feature a private balcony. Note the Dormer Room balconies are about half the “regular” room size. Standard rooms have balconies, but they are not private. From the outside of the resort, you can easily tell the two types apart. Rooms on the lower floors with wide balconies are the standard rooms. Rooms on the upper floors with balconies under peaked portions of the roof are the dormer rooms.

According to the above information, you will not be assigned a dormer room. I knew the dormer rooms were slightly smaller than standard (although 3 ft isn't a whole lot), but I didn't know they only accommodated 4 people. There are 3 turret rooms that have a small seating area that would give you more room. I think you can request one of those, but I'm not positive. Hopefully others will be able to verify that or correct me if I'm wrong :).

Trying to decide GF week of Oct 13 or Nov 3rd. Never been for either decorations. But curious about weather and going to pools.

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

This is from allears.net:

What is the difference between a standard room and a dormer (“attic”) room?
Both types of rooms are furnished the same and contain the same features. The dormer rooms are actually a bit smaller (3 feet smaller) than the standard rooms, but seem larger, since dormer rooms feature vaulted ceilings. Standard rooms sleep 5 people, while dormer rooms sleep only 4. Dormerrooms are also the only rooms to feature a private balcony. Note the Dormer Room balconies are about half the “regular” room size. Standard rooms have balconies, but they are not private. From the outside of the resort, you can easily tell the two types apart. Rooms on the lower floors with wide balconies are the standard rooms. Rooms on the upper floors with balconies under peaked portions of the roof are the dormer rooms.

According to the above information, you will not be assigned a dormer room. I knew the dormer rooms were slightly smaller than standard (although 3 ft isn't a whole lot), but I didn't know they only accommodated 4 people. There are 3 turret rooms that have a small seating area that would give you more room. I think you can request one of those, but I'm not positive. Hopefully others will be able to verify that or correct me if I'm wrong :).
Thank you so much!

Trying to decide GF week of Oct 13 or Nov 3rd. Never been for either decorations. But curious about weather and going to pools.

I think either week would have decent weather and be good for the pool. We were there this past fall (Oct 24-29) and the weather was great. It was plenty warm for the pool, but not so hot that it was unbearable walking in the parks :).

Thank you so much!

You're welcome :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter