• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trishadono, TY for your reply! :lovestrucI’m sorry to hear the new desserts weren’t so great, although I do think it was time for them to change them (albeit to something delicious!). Did you find that the lobby was noisier and more crowded with the new lounge on the second floor and the new Bibbidi Bibbidi Boutique?
Even though your experience Sunday evening wasn’t as wonderful as usual, I’m glad to hear you still booked SL! I hope you had a great CSR stay!:flower1:
We did ! Having the space was so nice and dd’s bf had fun his first cl trip for life. He would eat a BOWL of olives cause he could 😂

I have visited GF 3 times the last 6 weeks . Seems like normal. However Sunday I didn’t get there until after 8pm so it’s usually quiet later anyways.

I think with the desserts I was just annoyed my coconut Mickey tart wasnt there so I just got mad lol. They did have many options and had fall flavors. I didn’t feel up to trying any. I’ll give em a go soon.

We did ! Having the space was so nice and dd’s bf had fun his first cl trip for life. He would eat a BOWL of olives cause he could 😂

I have visited GF 3 times the last 6 weeks . Seems like normal. However Sunday I didn’t get there until after 8pm so it’s usually quiet later anyways.

I think with the desserts I was just annoyed my coconut Mickey tart wasnt there so I just got mad lol. They did have many options and had fall flavors. I didn’t feel up to trying any. I’ll give em a go soon.
Thanks again, @trishadono ! And lol re. bowls of olives 😆, the decadence of CL 😂. I’m glad to hear it was a great trip.
At times as I follow GF CL I think they need to switch things up with lounge food offerings, however, that doesn’t mean taking away the favorites!!! Hopefully, they’ll bring back your coconut tarts (as well as the pecan sticky buns!).
I am glad the lobby noise level was normal, even given the new additions to the main building. I can’t wait to enjoy the serenity of RPC next spring! :lovestruc
P.S. We booked a deluxe queen, based on your past recommendations! :)

Last edited:
Thanks again, @trishadono ! And lol re. bowls of olives 😆, the decadence of CL 😂. I’m glad to hear it was a great trip.
At times as I follow GF CL I think they need to switch things up with lounge food offerings, however, that doesn’t mean taking away the favorites!!! Hopefully, they’ll bring back your coconut tarts (as well as the pecan sticky buns!).
I am glad the lobby noise level was normal, even given the new additions to the main building. I can’t wait to enjoy the serenity of RPC next spring! :lovestruc
P.S. We booked a deluxe queen, based on your past recommendations! :)
My friends stay in those DQ's. I have seen both options. I tried calling for one just yesterday but none available.

I think you will love it!

My friends stay in those DQ's. I have seen both options. I tried calling for one just yesterday but none available.

I think you will love it!
@trishadono TY!!! Sorry you couldn’t grab one. I hope one will open up for you! We did stay at RPC (in TPV) in December 2017, but can’t wait to go back and are excited to experience the larger room 😍. My mother is also coming and booked a standard RPC room of her own. I am daydreaming that they will upgrade us all to one of the ridiculous RPC suites 😆.

@trishadono TY!!! Sorry you couldn’t grab one. I hope one will open up for you! We did stay at RPC (in TPV) in December 2017, but can’t wait to go back and are excited to experience the larger room 😍. My mother is also coming and booked a standard RPC room of her own. I am daydreaming that they will upgrade us all to one of the ridiculous RPC suites 😆.
4x22 DQ shares hall with std 4x23. Poly view

4x19 DQ is adjacent to std 4x19. However I think one of the DQ is a HA room . THese have fireworks view.

May be worth the shot tho if want to be close to ask.

4x22 DQ shares hall with std 4x23. Poly view

4x19 DQ is adjacent to std 4x19. However I think one of the DQ is a HA room . THese have fireworks view.

May be worth the shot tho if want to be close to ask.
TY for the tips! From what we see online, we like the triangular layout (4x22) best and do NOT want to be right outside the lounge (fourth floor rectangular DQ), but fireworks view would be pretty neat!

Any updates on the progress of the walking path? Last I saw it looked like they had the pivot point set in place. Seems like they're moving quickly!

Hey, friends! When does the Gingerbread house usually go up? I’ll be there the week before Thanksgiving! Staying for a week with my best friend!

I tried searching, but didn’t find an answer .... does anyone know if you can still request a microwave for your room at the GF? Thanks for any help!

Hello, GF friends! Oh, how I have missed you!

After a ridiculously long hiatus, dd19 and I are taking a girls' trip and staying at GF SL Jan 2-6, 2020.

I'm thrilled to be going back to the GF but equally thrilled to be back on this thread. It's such a great group and I have really missed it!

After a ridiculously long hiatus, dd19 and I are taking a girls' trip and staying at GF SL Jan 2-6, 2020.

I'm thrilled to be going back to the GF but equally thrilled to be back on this thread. It's such a great group and I have really missed it!
Dd and I have done sl in Jan a few times. So much fun!

:wave2: Beth

Hi Trisha! We can't wait. And I think we have a similar touring style as you and your dd, we love the parks, but tend to spend a lot of time relaxing at the resort, too.

I have two concerns about SL that I am hoping you or someone else can alleviate. I have only stayed RPC (no rooms available this trip) and we love the ambiance in the lounge there. The space, so many different places to sit, the views of the resort, the people watching of the shops and lobby, the music, the brightness... I know it will be quite different in SL. Is there any ambience there or is it just an area with food? I'm just worried that it will feel gloomy in comparison. But I know you have said you love SL and you would certainly not love some place gloomy! And we are just thrilled to be going, period. I know we can head over to the lobby and shops any time we want.

My second concern is that I feel as though I read on here (or the CL thread) that they are being stingy with the wine? Do you have to ask for it during normal evening hours? It's not just sitting out? And I think I read that the CM's seemed to make themselves scarece so that there was really no one to ask anyway? I do love my wine in the evenings and it is one of the reasons I love CL, what has your experience been at SL with that?

Hey, friends! When does the Gingerbread house usually go up? I’ll be there the week before Thanksgiving! Staying for a week with my best friend!

I can't help with the gingerbread house, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Welcome back :)

How exciting to be getting back to the GF! Hope you and your DD have a great time :goodvibes.

I believe it’s typically up around the week before Thanksgiving. If you do a quick search online, you should be able to find the official dates of when it was put up the past couple of years! Have fun!

We'll be there on the same dates as you (though we're staying in the main building)!

Does anyone know what is available at
Gasparilla Island Grill
Gasparilla Island Grill around 11:00 at night. Getting in late and do not know if it is the full menu.

I suppose there isn't any type of holiday schedule out just yet for the GF? We visited a long time back and we saw a bell choir and we loved it. Was curious if they still had those. We will be there around Dec 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter