2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any issues wearing the Magicband? I'm concerned that DD may take it off and loose it and that DH can't stand wearing a watch so how will he cope with a band.

I don't wear a watch at all, either, and they didn't bother me a bit. If they do, you can loop them around a belt loop or purse strap or something, but that means you'd likely have to unhook them to use them. Bit of a pain, I would think.

My daughter managed to break hers during our December trip. The front desk immediately issued us a new one. No charge. I think it was a fluke, though, because we've done 3 visits with the magic bands, and it's the only time she had the issue.

Been lurking for awhile, only a few posts. Please add me to the list for YC 3/8-3/15. DH, DS12, DD9, & myself. Last visit in 2011, stayed at CBR, so excited to try out a Deluxe this time & SAB.

OMG! I can't believe how long it took me to get through this thread!! Love the info.

We will be staying at the YC/BC Jan 6-13 2015. I will be running the Marathon and my family is excited to know I will run right by the resort. The kids are wondering will the pool be open in January? heated? It might be nice to go for a swim after running 26.2 Seems so far away but time will fly by:rotfl:

OMG! I can't believe how long it took me to get through this thread!! Love the info. We will be staying at the YC/BC Jan 6-13 2015. I will be running the Marathon and my family is excited to know I will run right by the resort. The kids are wondering will the pool be open in January? heated? It might be nice to go for a swim after running 26.2 Seems so far away but time will fly by:rotfl:

The pool will be open unless there is a scheduled refurb and the pool is definitely heated.

natebenma said:
Quick answer- it can be an hour and a half back to the resort(s) from DTD. Depending on the time of year and time of day, the buses stop at Typhoon Lagoon on their way back, plus there is often a driver change on that route. The DTD return bus also make multiple resort stops- Swan, Dolphin, BWI, YC, Beach Club.

And, we have found the buses to be crowded and also filled with cranky and intoxicated guests after the dinner hour.

A cab is around $15 to the BC- so under $20 including tip.

Well worth every penny!

Oh my, that's good to know as I was planning to go to DTD myself one night and leaving DH back at resort. I really don't want to spend that much time getting back. Is it hard to get a taxi at DTD? Where do I go to get one?

I just have to jump in here... Just booked a week in early June and SO excited! We've never stayed at Beach Club but after visiting last year we knew it was next on our list. The June special was just so great we couldn't pass it up. I wish we had club level but sadly it wasn't available for our dates. Just a reason to do it next time right?! :)

I just have to jump in here... Just booked a week in early June and SO excited! We've never stayed at Beach Club but after visiting last year we knew it was next on our list. The June special was just so great we couldn't pass it up. I wish we had club level but sadly it wasn't available for our dates. Just a reason to do it next time right?! :)

Hi! We will be there early June too (June 7-12) and I have an 8 year old daughter and a 4 year old daughter too!

Here is what Ninja Mom, who has had a bout with cancer herself and is missing a part or two, has learned to do when going on a Disney trip....

1) Have realistic expectations

2) Plan Ahead!

3) "Zig" when everyone else "Zags" to avoid the crowds and spend less time waiting in lines

4) Go EARLY at park opening, LEAVE at Lunch time and go back to the hotel for a rest. Go out again for dinner and an evening of more attractions.

5) Start walking now
~NM

Right next door! I would call and tell them your scenario:

NATIONAL & ALAMO CAR RENTAL DESK

Disney hotel guests can enjoy the convenience of on-site car rental service through National & Alamo. Located in the guest services area of the Dolphin, guests can make arrangements for automobile pickup and drop-off right at our door.

Contact National Car Rental at 1-800-CAR-RENT or Alamo at 1-800-GO-ALAMO.

Ninja Mom and MickeyT- thanks so much for the posts with great information. I have added a link to NM's post about Disney with Limited Mobility and the contact info for rental cars to the Other Useful Info Post on Page 1.

:)

I have a couple of questions for anyone who has ever stayed at YC for a convention. I figured I would just post here, and see what I could find out from the experienced YC'ers on this thread.....

I am heading to WDW for a convention in June (BONUS!), it is at Coronado Springs. My assumption is that all conventions "work" the same in regard to reservations and ticket purchases. My party from work will be reserving our rooms shortly through the convention website, which leads you directly to the Disney Convention website. The deals for rooms and tickets are GREAT(even with my newly purchased AP:cool1:). My questions:

Will we get room keys or Magic Bands? We will be using Magical Express.

Can I link this reservation to my MDE so that I can book FP with my AP?

If my friends buy the convention tickets, can I "make friends" on my MDE
and link those so we can all have the same FP?

The convention ends on a Wednesday but I am going to stay through Saturday. I can have the special rate through Saturday. I am going to surprise my Mom for Mother's Day and buy her a plane ticket to WDW to join me on Wednesday morning through Saturday (when the convention rate ends). Can I purchase a specially priced convention ticket for her even if I am not purchasing one? (The rules say tickets are for convention goers and their guests). I'm just not sure how to add her to the reservation for just three nights......

Sorry if this is not BC/YC related, but thought someone here might have had the same experiences at the YC.

Oh, and can I just say that purchasing my AP two days ago was one of THE MOST EXCITING things I have ever done!!! This has never happened to me but I have a trip in March, the Convention, and a family trip in August planned, so I thought I would go for it. Yippee!!!

I have a couple of questions for anyone who has ever stayed at YC for a convention. I figured I would just post here, and see what I could find out from the experienced YC'ers on this thread..... I am heading to WDW for a convention in June (BONUS!), it is at Coronado Springs. My assumption is that all conventions "work" the same in regard to reservations and ticket purchases. My party from work will be reserving our rooms shortly through the convention website, which leads you directly to the Disney Convention website. The deals for rooms and tickets are GREAT(even with my newly purchased AP:cool1:). My questions: Will we get room keys or Magic Bands? We will be using Magical Express. Can I link this reservation to my MDE so that I can book FP with my AP? If my friends buy the convention tickets, can I "make friends" on my MDE and link those so we can all have the same FP? The convention ends on a Wednesday but I am going to stay through Saturday. I can have the special rate through Saturday. I am going to surprise my Mom for Mother's Day and buy her a plane ticket to WDW to join me on Wednesday morning through Saturday (when the convention rate ends). Can I purchase a specially priced convention ticket for her even if I am not purchasing one? (The rules say tickets are for convention goers and their guests). I'm just not sure how to add her to the reservation for just three nights...... Sorry if this is not BC/YC related, but thought someone here might have had the same experiences at the YC. Oh, and can I just say that purchasing my AP two days ago was one of THE MOST EXCITING things I have ever done!!! This has never happened to me but I have a trip in March, the Convention, and a family trip in August planned, so I thought I would go for it. Yippee!!!
. We are going to YC for a convention in March. We got magic bands. Also purchased the special priced tickets. When ordering they don't ask who they are for. A day or so after you receive the confirmation number, you can link the tickets to the correct person on MDE. We are also staying extra days to take advantage of the special rate.

I have a couple of questions for anyone who has ever stayed at YC for a convention. I figured I would just post here, and see what I could find out from the experienced YC'ers on this thread.....

I am heading to WDW for a convention in June (BONUS!), it is at Coronado Springs. My assumption is that all conventions "work" the same in regard to reservations and ticket purchases. My party from work will be reserving our rooms shortly through the convention website, which leads you directly to the Disney Convention website. The deals for rooms and tickets are GREAT(even with my newly purchased AP:cool1:). My questions:

Will we get room keys or Magic Bands? We will be using Magical Express.

Can I link this reservation to my MDE so that I can book FP with my AP?

If my friends buy the convention tickets, can I "make friends" on my MDE
and link those so we can all have the same FP?

The convention ends on a Wednesday but I am going to stay through Saturday. I can have the special rate through Saturday. I am going to surprise my Mom for Mother's Day and buy her a plane ticket to WDW to join me on Wednesday morning through Saturday (when the convention rate ends). Can I purchase a specially priced convention ticket for her even if I am not purchasing one? (The rules say tickets are for convention goers and their guests). I'm just not sure how to add her to the reservation for just three nights......

Sorry if this is not BC/YC related, but thought someone here might have had the same experiences at the YC.

Oh, and can I just say that purchasing my AP two days ago was one of THE MOST EXCITING things I have ever done!!! This has never happened to me but I have a trip in March, the Convention, and a family trip in August planned, so I thought I would go for it. Yippee!!!

You will get Magic Bands only ... Keys to the World cards are gone. Yes, as long as you have a reservation number, you should be able to link your reservation to MDE. Once you have a magic band customized, you don't need an actual reservation to make FP's once you link your annual pass to your band. For instance, I have a band from a stay a few months ago. I also have a pass linked to my MDE account for both Bob and me. We went to the park last week for the day and a week before we went, I made FP plans ... I am not staying at a resort. They tell me that annual passholders who do not have a resort reservation have a limit as to how many fast passes they can make per three month period. However, if you have a resort reservation ... let's say for 14 days, you can make fast passes for all 14 days. I believe if you do not have a reservation ... like people who live right here near WDW, I think they can make 7 fast passes for every three month period. That's fair IMO. If you ever have trouble making fast passes for any days that you have a resort reservation for, just talk the MDE phone number and they will fix it for you.

Remember, we are still technically in test stage so there are things that still have bugs in them ... but overall the whole thing seems to work really good as long as everybody has ONE email address for EVERYTHING!!

If your friends have magic bands and tickets already ordered and all linked to their account and they "friend" you, you can make all the FP's for all of them and you at the same time.

You should add your Mom to the reservation for the entire time. It will make it much easier. It's just you in the room I assume so an extra adult in the room will not change the rate. Add her now, then give Disney her DME information (she doesn't have to arrive the same time as you do obviously), buy her tickets, make sure she shows up on your reservation on MDE, customize your bands, add her convention ticket, make your fast passes!!

Hi Everyone! We did our first BCV stay last April and found the 2013 thread to be a great source of info!

I'm very excited to be back on the 2014 thread and to ask to be added to the Be Our Guest list. We are getting married at the Wedding Pavilion on October 20th and will be at the GF the days before and immediately after the wedding. We check into the BCVs for the 2nd part of our Honeymoon on 10/22 and checkout on 10/30. Super excited!

Can't wait to following along with everyone's plans and updates popcorn::

Hi Everyone! We did our first BCV stay last April and found the 2013 thread to be a great source of info!

I'm very excited to be back on the 2014 thread and to ask to be added to the Be Our Guest list. We are getting married at the Wedding Pavilion on October 20th and will be at the GF the days before and immediately after the wedding. We check into the BCVs for the 2nd part of our Honeymoon on 10/22 and checkout on 10/30. Super excited!

Congrats!!!!

page 40-43

Hi everyone, we are so excited, we will be staying here again in February!!! Could you please add us to the BOG list. We will be there Feb. 19 thru 24. We will be doing the Princess run so this is the perfect hotel for it. We love all our pass stays at Yacht Club but this time we are staying at the Beach Club. Only 21 days till we are there.

Laura

:welcome: back

Happy to add you to the list!

:cool1:

One more week until we are back at the Beach Club. Really looking forward to celebrating 42 years with Jim. :lovestruc

:goodvibes

Hello all. The Kruppas will be at BCV 4/2-4/9. Tracy celebrating 51 and DS Trish celebrating 48.

DH, DD and self back 6/28 ish to 7/10. Still finalizing plans as we have to do some college visits.

Pleas add us to you Be Our Guest list. Can't wait to be back again!!'

:welcome: back!

I'll put both of your trips onto the list. You can adjust the dates later if you need to.

:woohoo:

My first time posting over here. I've started to read through the thread, though, so any questions I have can wait - they've likely been answered already. We've visited WDW many times, but only stayed at AKL, the Poly, and the WL. I admit, I'm a bit nervous going out of my resort comfort zone.

We just got back from a week-long stay at AKV. I decided to book a bounce back offer for late August. I'm planning to take my mom and the three older kids. My mom's absolute favorite park is Epcot, so I knew I wanted to stay at one of the Epcot resorts. And since we'll be there in August, it seemed a no-brainer to have access to SAB. So, at least for now, since I haven't even asked her if she wants to go, we're booked to be at the YC in a SV CL room from August 17-23.

Back to reading and looking for pictures!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:yay:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

We updated our booking yesterday!

We're now staying 28th Sept - 5th Oct, BC GV CL still! Can't wait, 4 days earlier then planned! Could I be updated on the list :) x

I'll make the adjustment. More days. More is better! :cool2:

Been lurking for awhile, only a few posts. Please add me to the list for YC 3/8-3/15. DH, DS12, DD9, & myself. Last visit in 2011, stayed at CBR, so excited to try out a Deluxe this time & SAB.

:welcome: to posting and to this thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

OMG! I can't believe how long it took me to get through this thread!! Love the info.

We will be staying at the YC/BC Jan 6-13 2015. I will be running the Marathon and my family is excited to know I will run right by the resort. The kids are wondering will the pool be open in January? heated? It might be nice to go for a swim after running 26.2 Seems so far away but time will fly by:rotfl:

:welcome:

I'll put you on the Be Our Guest list for 2015.

Yes, the pool will be open and heated in January, unless there is some work scheduled. If there is a planned renovation, then approximately 1/3 of the pool will be closed and the other 2/3 will remain open. They usually do this every year, but I don't think the work happened this year.

The main issue is not the pool temp, but the temperature of the air when you get out. Weather in Florida is VERY variable in the winter. You may have days that are ok for swimming, and some that are not, even in the same week.

Oh my, that's good to know as I was planning to go to DTD myself one night and leaving DH back at resort. I really don't want to spend that much time getting back. Is it hard to get a taxi at DTD? Where do I go to get one?

I don't remember exactly, but it was easy. We either walked out to the parking lot or near the resort buses.

:)

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for June.

:yay:

:welcome: back and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

You guys ROCK. I knew I asked the right people. I was hoping that those would be the answers to my questions, it sounds pretty simple.

The only glitch is that I might need to share a room with another co-worker....but she would be leaving on Wednesday, and my Mom would be checking in....Is it possible to "trade" a person during the same stay/reservation? Has anyone ever done that? According to the website, it would be an additional $15 per night per person.

So one more question....and I'm sure I know the answer....do you think there is anyway I can upgrade my convention rate to the Yacht Club?? I know, I know, probably not, but I am going to call and ask today anyway. I saw in tiny letters at the bottom of the Disney Convention website to call and inquire about "upgrades". No harm in asking, right?

Even though I am staying at the BC twice this year, I just cannot get enough of the YC/BC area, and I know I will miss being there. Seriously, I think they are pumping something addicting along with that awesome lobby smell into the air........

Thanks Dee. I have lurked these boards for years but never took the time to post. Most of the time, the questions were answered before I could get a chance to add my two cents. You do a wonderful job of maintaining this thread.

I average 2-3 trips a year to the BCV. I actually did 4 in 2013-in spring with DH Ron to celebrate our 50th bdays, in Summer with DD Nicki (now 16) and DH, in October for F&W with DGF and at Christmas with the DH and DD again. I will try to do a better job of pulling my weight on the boards.

Can I just add that we love Teena! Don't feel like I have been to Disney until we have gotten our Teena fix. DH has accused me of stalking!!! Hope to see you on 4/6 & 7.

I did want to chime in on the whole rental car thing. We have driven our own car from Maryland, rented cars and used DME. It comes down to a cost benefit to us. We like to buy fresh veggies, certain alcoholic beverages, fruits, cheese and snacks etc at the grocery/liquor stores. We have looked into Garden Grocer but found it is actually cheaper to get a 1 day rental from the on property rental car company if we can't find a reasonable priced full trip rental from the airport than it is to use the Garden Grocer service. We also have access to options we wouldn't have with Garden Grocer. We love the ability to pop out to an off property location.

With regards to DTD, in the past it has been easiest to drive. Now that they have closed several of the parking areas at DTD, we found ourselves parking across the street from Cirque du Soliel in the evening and it took took us about 35 minutes to walk to Marketplace once we were parked. This was true in both October and at Christmas. If you are there earlier in the day, the parking situation is better. So wondering if the bus might end up being a wash right now?

You will get Magic Bands only ... Keys to the World cards are gone. Yes, as long as you have a reservation number, you should be able to link your reservation to MDE. Once you have a magic band customized, you don't need an actual reservation to make FP's once you link your annual pass to your band. For instance, I have a band from a stay a few months ago. I also have a pass linked to my MDE account for both Bob and me. We went to the park last week for the day and a week before we went, I made FP plans ... I am not staying at a resort. They tell me that annual passholders who do not have a resort reservation have a limit as to how many fast passes they can make per three month period. However, if you have a resort reservation ... let's say for 14 days, you can make fast passes for all 14 days. I believe if you do not have a reservation ... like people who live right here near WDW, I think they can make 7 fast passes for every three month period. That's fair IMO. If you ever have trouble making fast passes for any days that you have a resort reservation for, just talk the MDE phone number and they will fix it for you. Remember, we are still technically in test stage so there are things that still have bugs in them ... but overall the whole thing seems to work really good as long as everybody has ONE email address for EVERYTHING!! If your friends have magic bands and tickets already ordered and all linked to their account and they "friend" you, you can make all the FP's for all of them and you at the same time. You should add your Mom to the reservation for the entire time. It will make it much easier. It's just you in the room I assume so an extra adult in the room will not change the rate. Add her now, then give Disney her DME information (she doesn't have to arrive the same time as you do obviously), buy her tickets, make sure she shows up on your reservation on MDE, customize your bands, add her convention ticket, make your fast passes!!

Hi Teena, is this also true for BCV? We still got KTTW cards at Christmas. I hate the tan lines I get with the Magic Bands so I started hooking to belt loops. Do they still distribute the paper bands at the pool?

Miss you! Family will be back with me 6/28-7/10 ish and hoping to see you then as well as when sis and I are there in April. Sorry to hear you have been sick. Loved your pictures of Lily! You will have to join us for cocktails one night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter