2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** Updated 7/29 with Corral Info

Just found this Group and I am happy to say that I will be doing the DDD and trying to earn my CTC.... I finished the Glass Slipper Challenge in February and had great fun!! I completed my first half marathon ever at the first Tink and I am looking forward to running again at Disneyland!!!

Where would people suggest eating to carb load the night before the race? I will have two young kids with me (both under 3.5yo) so not wanting anything fancy. What would be casual, semi quick and fun in the area? Also, for those who have done Disney races before, how early do you suggest I be in the corral area? We are staying at HoJo so will walk/jog over to warm up.

Don't plan on going anywhere around disneyland. We tried to go to buco di pepo the night before a race once and it had a 1 hour wait just for to go. 3 hour wait for a table. If u have a car, go a few miles away to eat to ditch the crowd.

As for when to get to the corral, get there like 45 min early. Last year we got there like 20 min before race start and we couldn't even get in the corral there were so many people. It was a mess

Just found this Group and I am happy to say that I will be doing the DDD and trying to earn my CTC.... I finished the Glass Slipper Challenge in February and had great fun!! I completed my first half marathon ever at the first Tink and I am looking forward to running again at Disneyland!!!

Welcome! I'll be sure to add you to the OP tonight. Congrats on finishing the GSC, it sounds like it was a lot of fun. Will this be your first Disneyland Half with this course? Provided they don't make any changes it's my personal favorite so far on this coast. Running through Angels Stadium is a huge boost towards the end.

Welcome! I'll be sure to add you to the OP tonight. Congrats on finishing the GSC, it sounds like it was a lot of fun. Will this be your first Disneyland Half with this course? Provided they don't make any changes it's my personal favorite so far on this coast. Running through Angels Stadium is a huge boost towards the end.

Thank you Jessica for the add... and yes it will be my first DL Half. I am looking forward to it. I hear that running through Angels Stadium is the best.

The GSC was great fun.... It was my first time running at WDW and I must say, it went very well. Although the time change and humidity were a lot for this Pacific NW girl.....

Thank you Jessica for the add... and yes it will be my first DL Half. I am looking forward to it. I hear that running through Angels Stadium is the best. The GSC was great fun.... It was my first time running at WDW and I must say, it went very well. Although the time change and humidity were a lot for this Pacific NW girl.....

Has there been any updates / confirmation from RunDisney about running through the stadium -- Angels are scheduled for a 12:35 game I believe which would be a huge conflict.

Has there been any updates / confirmation from RunDisney about running through the stadium -- Angels are scheduled for a 12:35 game I believe which would be a huge conflict.

Will be intersting to see how this is handled. I bet the game time changes. MLB changes game times all the time

To the extent of my knowledge, nothing has been announced so I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I suppose I wouldn't be too surprised if the course has been tweaked. But if that's the case there are certainly going to be a lot of unhappy people since it's a very big draw for this event. I keep hoping for some hints from an in I have with runDisney but so far, nada.

Thank you Jessica for the add... and yes it will be my first DL Half. I am looking forward to it. I hear that running through Angels Stadium is the best.

The GSC was great fun.... It was my first time running at WDW and I must say, it went very well. Although the time change and humidity were a lot for this Pacific NW girl.....

I've always been curious about how much the time change impacts us west coast runners (I'm a Disneyland local). My friend and I are currently planning on running Wine and Dine next year (2015) and it's something we're trying to plan out logistically already. Considering that ones a night race I think we'll have a bit of an advantage, like east coasters coming out to DL for a half and having that early riser advantage.

Don't plan on going anywhere around disneyland. We tried to go to buco di pepo the night before a race once and it had a 1 hour wait just for to go. 3 hour wait for a table. If u have a car, go a few miles away to eat to ditch the crowd.

As for when to get to the corral, get there like 45 min early. Last year we got there like 20 min before race start and we couldn't even get in the corral there were so many people. It was a mess

Thanks for the reply chrisaman! We will have a car so we will plan to venture out a little bit from the area that night. Or maybe just hit up Costco for some bagels and churros ;). I do imagine it is total craziness in the corrals. I just don't want to even think about being up that early, yikes!

When do they usually post the race course? I will be in the area the beginning of May and would like to check out some of the course on my run days if possible.

Will be intersting to see how this is handled. I bet the game time changes. MLB changes game times all the time

They actually only change a few times (most cases are if the game becomes nationally televised). Most are set in stone due to travel logistics.

I am not sure of the race time cutoffs but say 5.5 hours from 5:30AM = 11:00AM (1.5 hours before game time), it just ain't looking good for us.

I really do hope they work something out but as of this year I doubt we will be running through the stadium.

I've been told you just run around the stadium rather than through it. I hate parking lot tours do I'm not happy. And the website course description was changed a bit. :(

I've been told you just run around the stadium rather than through it. I hate parking lot tours do I'm not happy. And the website course description was changed a bit. :(

What did you see that was changed? The course description I'm seeing still looks the same and still states that you run through Angel Stadium:

It's the Disneyland® Half Marathon weekend and the course for this magical half marathon event will take you from Disney California Adventure® Park, celebrating California's storied past and exciting future, to Disneyland® Park, home of Mickey, Minnie, Donald and the whole Disney gang. Then it's on to the scenic streets of Anaheim, past the Honda Center, home of the Anaheim Ducks, along the Santa Ana Trail overlooking the Santa Ana River, through Angel Stadium, home of the MLB's Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, and then on to Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel and the Disneyland® Hotel for an exciting finish. Ideal weather and a flat loop course set the stage for an exhilarating Half Marathon designed to shatter personal bests.
- From the run Disney website for the Disneyland Half

When it was first noticed in January the site said running "to Angels stadium" not through! I didn't check it today- good to see it still now says through. Gives me some hope!

I guess I never paid that much attention to the course description previously, lol. At least the change was from "to Angels Stadium" to "through Angels Stadium". Like you said, definitely gives me hope that we'll get to keep that part of it. But anything can always change. I know as soon as I know anything about it I'll be sharing.

The Angel Stadium conundrum came up for, I believe, the 2011 Disneyland half. There had been a game scheduled for that day and I don't know what happened, but we were still able to run through the stadium. I think they changed their schedule. I actually had to check a few times to make sure this wasn't an old thread, because the wording on the website was brought up then too.

The Angel Stadium conundrum came up for, I believe, the 2011 Disneyland half. There had been a game scheduled for that day and I don't know what happened, but we were still able to run through the stadium. I think they changed their schedule. I actually had to check a few times to make sure this wasn't an old thread, because the wording on the website was brought up then too.

I'm glad that you brought it up because it's been popping up in my head but I didn't run the half that year (it was my first runDisney event weekend though, but it was the 5K) so I wasn't 100% sure. All I know is that my fingers are crossed because without Angel Stadium I know I'll have a tough time with this one.

They actually only change a few times (most cases are if the game becomes nationally televised). Most are set in stone due to travel logistics. I am not sure of the race time cutoffs but say 5.5 hours from 5:30AM = 11:00AM (1.5 hours before game time), it just ain't looking good for us. I really do hope they work something out but as of this year I doubt we will be running through the stadium.

They do change times a lot from initial schedule release. Each team goes through it like 2 or 3 times a year. The reason it is a day game is for confidence so the traveling team at the end of a series can get out earlier. It isn't a requirement and an event with 15000 people is definitely big enough for them to warrant a schedule change of 2 hours. They have private planes so it is not like they are set at an exact time to travel.

However, like a PP posted earlier. This happened in 2011 and I personally ran through the stadium and the game still occurred at 1235. The last runner going through the stadium by the time restriction leaves plenty of time to allow the game to occur.

BTW, changing the first couple posts up a bit. I want to finally work on adding some images for Dumbo Double Dare as well.

Annnnnnnd, another update from Run Disney regarding the packet pick up. The new changes will now begin with the Avengers Half Marathon so it should be same as always for us with the Disneyland Half. Here's what was posted on their blog:

We recently updated the Packet Pick-Up Policy for all runDisney events. In listening to your feedback after runDisney.com was updated, we understand it has caused travel concerns for some of our upcoming events that were already on sale or sold out.

To help you plan for these upcoming events and address your concerns around travel, we have delayed the implementation of the new policy for events that are already publicly on-sale.

The original Packet Pick-Up Policy is in effect for the following events, allowing you to pick-up packets for other runners using the appropriate Packet Pick-Up Authorization Form:
•Expedition Everest® Challenge
•Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend
•The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10 Miler Weekend
•Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

The new Packet Pick-Up policy, requiring all runners to pick up their own packets goes into effect starting with the Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend at Disneyland® Resort in November. This policy will also be in place for all runDisney events moving forward.

Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you soon at a runDisney race!
You can read the blog post here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter