2014 Itineraries?

I really hope they bring back 5 night CC DD sailings. 4 nights just seems so short and a 7 night is a little rich for our blood right now.

jpeka65844 said:
I really hope they bring back 5 night CC DD sailings. 4 nights just seems so short and a 7 night is a little rich for our blood right now.

Does anyone know why they got rid of those? I'd like to do one.

Plenty of nevers as well on going to Hawaii.;) :cloud9:

NEVER (and I mean never) say never with Disney. There were many who said no no no to Disney EVER going to the Mediterranean! And then there were lots and lots of naysayers about Disney ever being "outfitted" to go into Alaskan waters ;) With Disney, I do believe anything is possible.

After 14+ years in the industry, they have to look ahead to changing up the itineraries or repeat cruisers will tire of the same old ports. Many have already started looking elsewhere for better pricing and more itinerary options :surfweb:

I, for one, am STILL holding out hope that someday they will actually port in Hawaii for a season and do the islands without requiring a round-trip sail from L.A. Now I know all the arguments against this (foreign ports and such), but one can always hope for an alternative

As RedSox68 mentioned there's a lot of reasons for the nevers to Hawaii. We only have one ship ported here and NCL pays through the nose for it, having an American flagged ship. I don't see Disney flagging any of their ships as American and paying the price for it.
I do think its a realistic expectation to do what many of the cruise ships who come to Hawaii regularly do ... one ways from the West coast and back, (especially if you fill it with Canadians) and/or one ways or RTs from Australia. If all the ships that port here can sell those cruises well enough to be profitable, so can Disney.

I hope the the DD to CC returns!
Can't wait for 2014 itinerary :)

There's actually a 5nite DD to CC cruising from Miami next year on the Magic on October 20, 2013:goodvibes I'd love to take that cruise myself. We love CC

Hi there,

Like many here we are totally frustrated with DCL, other cruise lines have announced late 2013 and 2014 plans, however Guest Relations at DCL have in my opinion started to get things wrong when the new ships came "on stream"
it seems almost as if they didn't know what to do when the 4th ship was being built. DCL have to realise that we all have plans as families/education/celebrations and DVC points to consider. We are waiting for the decision to confirm the transatlantic in Oct 2013 and that should be announced with the next few weeks, however we are starting to talk about trying a different cruise line which I hope we do, as I think DCL is not listening to a number of passed cruisers. As for itineraries hopefully the Wonder will follow the Magic for its refit in Europe and more Panama or Hawaii. Whilst I have looked at cruising from Galveston and it's somewhere in America that I would visit, it's not easy for us to fly there to then cruise, which again is a shame as we have "family" on board. Hopefully something different and and yet interesting. I dont quite understand why the dont go further south in the Caribbean with at least one ship in the winter months. Here's hoping!!!

Hi there,

Like many here we are totally frustrated with DCL, other cruise lines have announced late 2013 and 2014 plans, however Guest Relations at DCL have in my opinion started to get things wrong when the new ships came "on stream"
it seems almost as if they didn't know what to do when the 4th ship was being built. DCL have to realise that we all have plans as families/education/celebrations and DVC points to consider. We are waiting for the decision to confirm the transatlantic in Oct 2013 and that should be announced with the next few weeks, however we are starting to talk about trying a different cruise line which I hope we do, as I think DCL is not listening to a number of passed cruisers. As for itineraries hopefully the Wonder will follow the Magic for its refit in Europe and more Panama or Hawaii. Whilst I have looked at cruising from Galveston and it's somewhere in America that I would visit, it's not easy for us to fly there to then cruise, which again is a shame as we have "family" on board. Hopefully something different and and yet interesting. I dont quite understand why the dont go further south in the Caribbean with at least one ship in the winter months. Here's hoping!!!

I thought DCL already announced there will be no passengers on the transatlantic Oct 2013 because the crew will still be working on the refurb as they cross the ocean.

Hi there,

Houston has a large international airport: IAH is the code for this airport. This airport is one of the main hubs for United Airlines (formally Continental's main hub). Maybe look at flights on this particular airline or their airline partners in the Star Alliance and see if you can find anything.

HTHs! :thumbsup2

StephenKay said:
Hi there,

I must agree with you that DCL is making some poor calls, but please do not hold out for a transatlantic in OCT 2013. It's not happening with passengers.

I just got off the Magic on Sunday and the Cruise Director (as well as one of the CMs) told us that DCL will be returning to NYC in 2014-15. We're hoping that's firm :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 The Cruise director said Disney was very happy with NYC cruises & planning on returning (said this before the show on Saturday nite) to wild applause LOL.

omg you just made my day!!!! i live in nyc and it is a pain in the butt to fly to go on a cruise. i usually sail on rccl out of bayonne bc i don't have to fly.

i've been wanting to go on another disney cruise, but it was hard to convince my bf to go on one since he didn't want to fly. it was hard enough to convince him to go on a disney cruise period so the only way to get him to go was if they left out of nyc.

we did the june 2, 2012 8 night out of nyc for our anniversary and it was amazing!!!! (it was just us. we don't have kids). we put down a future deposit for a future cruise in 2013. if disney does come back in 2014/2015, i am so changing my booking to the nyc one.

disney are you reading this? you have a lot of happy nyc residents that would love to see you come back. :grouphug: :cheer2:

There's actually a 5nite DD to CC cruising from Miami next year on the Magic on October 20, 2013:goodvibes I'd love to take that cruise myself. We love CC

I got kind of excited when you mentioned the 5 nt double to CC in Oct. So of course I went and searched it out. Then I got confused. It STATES that it goes to CC twice BUT it SHOWS going to KW and CC. Im wondering which one it is??? I was thinking maybe a quick cheap fall trip, laying on the beach. But, maybe not so much??

MedicGoofy said:
I got kind of excited when you mentioned the 5 nt double to CC in Oct. So of course I went and searched it out. Then I got confused. It STATES that it goes to CC twice BUT it SHOWS going to KW and CC. Im wondering which one it is??? I was thinking maybe a quick cheap fall trip, laying on the beach. But, maybe not so much??

I looked for it too and couldn't find it.

Try this link. It's def a DD to CC on Oct 20, 2013. I put in sailing to Bahamas not Carib. from Miami on the Magic...or call DCL:goodvibes

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/reservations/customize?execution=e1s7

I'd vote for Asia too, but I would be happy with St. Lucia, St. Barts and more trips to Tortola/Virgin Gorda. We went on the New Year's 8 day cruise to Tortola and it was my favorite New Year's trip EVER! We had SO much fun and I loved the fact that we were swimming in the warm waters in Tortola while everyone was freezing back home.

I'd vote for Asia too, but I would be happy with St. Lucia, St. Barts and more trips to Tortola/Virgin Gorda. We went on the New Year's 8 day cruise to Tortola and it was my favorite New Year's trip EVER! We had SO much fun and I loved the fact that we were swimming in the warm waters in Tortola while everyone was freezing back home.

St. Lucia! ::yes:: Love it there.

I was just on the DCL website and the picture I got to has changed and it appears to be a picture of the Magic in Dover. Wonder if it means anything.

mkmommy said:
I was just on the DCL website and the picture I got to has changed and it appears to be a picture of the Magic in Dover. Wonder if it means anything.

Definitely Dover. I doubt it means anything but I hope so, although I'd prefer it to come to Liverpool once out cruise terminal is up and running ;)

:goodvibes

i really want some more hawaii cruises...they sold out so fast...surely disney will do more!?

count me in for Bermuda! I have begged for years for them to go there. Apparently Bermuda is hard to get port time to but surely they would love the have the Disney class of passengers...alot of the other cruise lines use their oldest ships (and look kinda run down and dated online) for this route...

about asia....i wondered about why they have not gone there yet and talked about it with some senior officers on my last cruise...apparently, it would mean a brand new entire crew for the ships with CMs that would have to be fluent in several asian languages (not just chinese) as well as english. I do think a ship to asia is a possibility but to be cost effective I think they are contemplating making it a permanent move, not just a temporary one, or for at least a year or two....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter