2014 Itinerary - when available??

disneyfool_1202

The countdown has begun!!
Does anyone have any idea when DCL releases the "following" years itinerary? Right now we can only see 2013, but want to book spring 2014. We want to do the 7 night Western on the Fantasy during a school vacation week so we want to book as early as humanly possible. We would be sailing on DVC points so figuring out how many we are banking plays into the mix as well.

When pigs fly?

Seriously, DCL has not even released the rest of 2013 yet for the Wonder and the Dream, so who knows when they'll get around to 2014.

It is frustrating. The fact that people are asking abut 2014 clearly shows that people do want to be able to plan in advance. In fact, for many it's not "want" its "need".

One of the reasons I tend to post to these type of threads, and the way I do, is HOPING DCL really does read these boards. If they'd just give a definitive answer, even if it were "we don't anticipate releasing the remainder of 2013 until "such-a-month" then it would be helpful.

To the OP: By no means are we discouraging posts about 2014 - we are just frustrated 2013 isn't finished yet!!!

Oh I agree - I swear when we took our 2008 cruise we booked 2 years in advance. I have seen posts about booking "dummy dates" and such, but even this seems impossible now. I don't think 2 - 2.5 years out is that much to ask considering the cost. We are lucky we can use DVC points but friends of ours can't and they are basing their decision now on "now" information - it's a lot easier to send payments to DCL to pay for a cruise over 2 years (something one of our friends did last time) than put it in the bank and risk spending it on something else (which is what I would do!!)

I didn't realize that 2013 dates weren't finalized yet either! What are they waiting for??

I called recently about the release of the 2014 dates. I was told it should be sometime in November.

If the past couple of years are an indication it will be October for the Fantasy and the Dream and even longer for Magic and Wonder.

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the 2014 dates too. We are celebrating our 20th anniversary and I want to book the cruise as a gift to dh. :love::love: I can't wait to see what itineraries they will offer.

I have NO idea? There have been many speculations, but of course speculation is just that: speculation.

Your friends could book a dummy date as far out as possible, but be sure to do a 7 day with all people they expect to go. Then they can transfer that "dummy" booking when 2014 comes out. The reason I say to book a 7 day, is they would want one with a fairly high cost so they CAN keep paying on it. One can pay on "dummy" cruises and still move it payments and all - PROVIDING YOU DO NOT PAY IN FULL at any time. Of course it must be moved before the scheduled Paid in Full Date. They of course will also need to move it to the date you want as soon as they can to get the lowest rates.

In a way this isn't quite a dummy booking as those tend to be the onboard bookings for OBC and discounts, but no reason why they couldn't do as I suggested and move that one when announced.

I am one who does the same thing for payments. I pay each month. Works for me.

A cast member told me Fall for the remainder of 2013 and 2014. She said Aug/Sept/Oct.

Jodie

I am one who does the same thing for payments. I pay each month. Works for me.

Just an FYI - Target sells Disney gift cards. If you have a red card (Targets credit/debit card), you get 5% off all purchases. The 5% applies to the Disney gift cards. They come in $50 denominations - a good way to save 5% on your cruise - ESPECIALLY for somone who pays monthly. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Just an FYI - Target sells Disney gift cards. If you have a red card (Targets credit/debit card), you get 5% off all purchases. The 5% applies to the Disney gift cards. They come in $50 denominations - a good way to save 5% on your cruise - ESPECIALLY for somone who pays monthly. Just thought I'd pass it along.

I knew that tip and have used it! :thumbsup2

But thanks for re-bringing it up for those who didn't know. :goodvibes

If you get your prescriptions filled there after every 5, they send you an extra 5% coupon so u save 10%. then u could potentially save % off your cruise.

Just off the Fantasy this AM - on board booking agent told us that 2014 should be released late 2012, more than likely November-ish, but for sure before the end of the year. To be honest, I think she was just guessing, but that's just my opinion.....she was pretty noncommittal.

I've got 1 more cruise this year, 2 in 2013, and we have 2 dummy dates that we'd like to move to Spring Break 2014 and to late summer 2014 to get in our 2 cruises a year :beach: Need to get those Fantasy cruises scheduled on opening day in order to be able to afford it :rolleyes:

I too am waiting we are taking my husbands parents with us on a crusie we are hoping to get an Eastern Carribean cruise the 1st week of Dec in 2014. 2 rooms 4 adults, 1 kid and an infant is a lot of money not to count all the money I need for being on the boat and for excursions etc. I am hoping to save up for a Cabana for this trip since we will hopefully have a baby (ours) with us.

I am waiting.... hope they come soon I want to book day one by moving my dummy date.

On a side note I wish they sold certificates as opposed to dummy dates or had a true dummy date crusie which wouldn't effect DCL's booking on seeing how many people are on a boat.

Just off the Fantasy this AM - on board booking agent told us that 2014 should be released late 2012, more than likely November-ish, but for sure before the end of the year. To be honest, I think she was just guessing, but that's just my opinion.....she was pretty noncommittal.

I've got 1 more cruise this year, 2 in 2013, and we have 2 dummy dates that we'd like to move to Spring Break 2014 and to late summer 2014 to get in our 2 cruises a year :beach: Need to get those Fantasy cruises scheduled on opening day in order to be able to afford it :rolleyes:

I talked to DCL this morning to ask about linking ressies as we are taking grandparents and brother's family with us for 2014. It ended in discussing 2014 dates and she mentioned that it would be next month :confused3??? I WOULD LOVE IT if that were the case but I think she was referring to the latter part of 2013. She did in fact mention that first day is much better and less expensive to book than the year you want to travel which I think we all know. But what I didn't know was that there is a high season and a value season. I thought all cabins were priced the same and as they began to fill up the prices increased. She stated that anytime kids are out, it's considered the HIGH season! Spring break, summer, holidays. DH WILL NOT take kids out of school so that's out. So I guess I will continue to count pennies and patiently wait until time to book...EARLY! :hourglass

On another forum someone rang up a big TA in the UK, Virgin, and asked about booking a Jan 2014 cruise, they said they'd be taking bookings in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter