~2015 24 Hour Event Roll Call~

thefriendlyfloridian

forever speeding down I4 East
Hey everyone, I have ordered my extra battery packs and starting my color coded schedules which means one thing, the "christmas" for Disney fans is almost here!

Anyway, I started this thread so we can see who is all planning on staying up with my friends and I all night... well Mickey and I will be there too!

P.S. What time does the monorail start running?

It is my FAVORITE event that Disney puts on, can't wait! Nothing like partying for 24 hours straight!!

Oh, cool! Now this will be our first time coming for this. My DD24 texted me, and the last text said "I hope you don't think I'm joking, cause I'm not", and I was like the heck is she talking about? Then I quickly remembered that I saw the announcement on gma that morning, but that couldn't be what she's talking about - then I found the earlier texts! Lol and OMG! She's always wanted to go on the 24 hr day, and it's Frozen, and without little kids we aren't tired of it yet, and we went from her saying we could just stay that day and not even get a room to no, I'm too old for that, lol, to going from early thur morning til Sunday evening! Can't believe I agreed to this sudden, spontaneous trip! I mean, we usually go at Xmas, once a year and we are all booked for this year already with a ten day trip at BCV so this seems crazy! Plus, DD24 is going late Sep with her BF. For us, it's crazy, lol! But, spontaneous trips maybe won't be as easy if she starts having children in a few years(my thoughts), so I thought that was a good justification, lol!

So, thefriendlyfloridian, why is it your favorite event that Disney puts on? Not sure what to expect as they haven't put out any real info yet. But, super excited for an unexpected trip, makes the wait til Dec so much more bearable!
Plus it's given me something else to concentrate on, and have fun planning for, than the knee replacement surgery I have coming in mid June!

We'll be there...a first for us as well. My dd, 21, and her best friend from high school are beyond excited!! I asked her if she was planning on closing the park on Sat morning. Her answer? 'Duh!'. Not sure I'll make it to the end though. We have a 9:15am towncar pickup that morning!! But, at least we can say we were there...great way to spend our last day in WDW!!!
Wish they would put out some more info on what's going on and when for that day/night.

I'll be there! :thumbsup2

Are you making a list in the first post of everyone attending?

I wasn't planning on it but I certainly can if that would be helpful for anyone!?

So, thefriendlyfloridian, why is it your favorite event that Disney puts on? Not sure what to expect as they haven't put out any real info yet. But, super excited for an unexpected trip, makes the wait til Dec so much more bearable!
Plus it's given me something else to concentrate on, and have fun planning for, than the knee replacement surgery I have coming in mid June!

It is my favorite because it is a different kind of Magic Kingdom, its mostly adult Disney lovers and the vibe of the park is just something you cannot put into words. My family will be wearing special tee shirts with our DISboards names on them so if you see me come say hi! This is my third event but only my second event staying all the way through. Looking forward to it!

DH and I will be there. Flight arrives at 9:15 am so not there for the whole 24 hours but we plan to be there to close down the park! Our first time to a 24 hour party and with the Star Wars Weekend going on, this should be a great weekend. Only 16 more days!!!

I'll be there but I'm only hoping to make it to 3:00am and then I'll probably need some sleep lol. I didn't even know this event was happening when I booked my vacation!

Me, DH and DGD7 are there. We plan to be at rope drop and stay through FoF Parade and then head back to the resort to nap and back in time for Wishes and stay till we drop. So not the full 24 hours inside the park but a reasonable time so we can still enjoy ourselves.

Me, DH and DD(5) will be there! Its our last park day, so what better way to end our trip than with a 24hr event!! Im soooo excited! Im not sure how long we will last...Im secretly hoping once DD passes out we can push her around in the stroller and still be able to enjoy it all. Cant wait to experience this...is everyone going dressing up? Im trying to convice DH to dress in pj's...hes not thrilled with that idea :confused3

Cant wait to experience this...is everyone going dressing up? Im trying to convice DH to dress in pj's...hes not thrilled with that idea :confused3

Let us know how far you get, LOL! I will be wearing a shirt with my DISboards username on it and that has saved me from anyone springing the pajamas idea on me!

We have just gotten our tee shirts for the event, its getting real now!

Attachments

• IMG_7471.JPG
    IMG_7471.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 4
It's our first time at Disney World at this time of year and we are trying to do a ton of stuff. We are starting our day at the Studios for the Star Wars things, then spending the night at Magic Kingdom. We are celebrating our 14 yo dd birthday. May 22nd is her birthday so she gets to call the shots for her dad 49 and I 48 for the weekend (within reason).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter