2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

How is it possible that I have everything needed to qualify for the dining plan and they still wont allow me to modify my reservation? what a waste of a 2.5 hour wait on the phone! so mad right now
They only allow a certain number of rooms for the promo. Your room type or dates must be sold out under the offer. What did they tell you?

Congrats to all those who were successful with this promotion! I am SO glad I took advantage of the bounce back offer when we stayed on property last fall. I really hope there is another offer on our trip this year! I didn't like the hopper/water park requirement. I haven't "hopped" in a very long time....I think there is plenty to keep me occupied at each park for the day (except maybe studios right now) and the added cost to "hop" seems a bit of a rip off to me. I'm glad it worked out for so many of you. Have fun everyone!

We stayed in POP last year and LOVED it! I just don't know if we loved it enough to spend an additional $230 on top of the $270 for tickets. I mean, worst case, we don't like Sports as much as POP right? I mean, it won't be terrible either way because it's Disney, right? Please reassure me! lol.

Everyone keeps saying All Star Sports. I did Music this morning, are the rooms the same? My daughter's sports are taekwondo and gymnastics, it seems very football-ish to me. I feel like I am missing something.

I DID IT! I AM THE KING OF THE WORLD! I officially have All Star Sports standard booked in lieu of POP reducing my balance from $3120 to $2744. Now I can be excited and unstressed! And thanks to all of you, I can be excited about the choice to save money instead of stay at our preferred resort!

Congrats! Just wanted to chime in about ASSp! It was the first resort we stayed at (being big sports fan, our dog is named Touchdown!) and we loved it. It was before the recent refurbs (2011), but we had a great time. We very rarely shared buses with the other All-Stars, I think maybe twice (once was going to DTD at like 11am). Even on our arrival day when we headed to MK around 2pm, we were 6 maybe on the bus and it went straight from Sports to MK!

so frustrated!!! My trip is booked Dec 12-19 and I was trying to get through for hours. When I did get through we don't get it!!! It is sad that I could go on the 23rd and be there for 14 days with free dining, but because I'm getting there before the 15th I get nothing!!!! We are staying at the Contempary there was no room left for the promotion anyway.

So at this point would it be worth it to keep checking for a fall pin that might have more resort availability or no need for the ticket upgrade?

I love comparing notes!

Last year we stayed October 3-11, so 8N/7D with 6 day base tickets in a pool view room at POP with free dining for $2400. This year, because of the ticket and room type upgrade requirements, our package for 9N/8D is $3120. We opted for the water park & more option because we would be more likely to use that as park hopper and, in all technicality, it acts as a park hopper itself just not within the 4 base parks. If I move to ASSp, I shave it down to $2700. If I reduce it by that extra night, I shave it down an additional $150 which takes the total cost to $2550 for 8N/7D with water parks & more. Only $150 more than last year, so at that point I'm still saving given the extras from the ticket add-on.

Yes, you've convinced me that I'm making the right choice 100% :D
@Aubrav - We are going the same time this year. How are the crowds the week leading up to Columbus Day. We are going 10/1 - 10/11 so we know that last weekend will be crowded but wasn't sure about the week prior. Thanks and hope you get what you want - it's been a crazy morning!

Staying at Sports in 2011 was how I convinced DH to take the kids for the first time :) we liked it but since then have never stayed in the same place twice, until this year when we return. DS was only 1 1/2 when we were there so he doesn't remember it but was looking at our pictures and is so excited. We have a request for the baseball section this time so we're hoping... (big baseball fans - DH played up through the minors and DS starts his career with t-ball next month!!!) We stayed in basketball last time and we were all the way in the back which was nice and quiet as well

Congrats to all those who were successful with this promotion! I am SO glad I took advantage of the bounce back offer when we stayed on property last fall. I really hope there is another offer on our trip this year! I didn't like the hopper/water park requirement. I haven't "hopped" in a very long time....I think there is plenty to keep me occupied at each park for the day (except maybe studios right now) and the added cost to "hop" seems a bit of a rip off to me. I'm glad it worked out for so many of you. Have fun everyone!

The only reason I could swallow the park hopper cost was we originally planned the trip for December but it was too close to Christmas and birthdays and my son coming home from college and my husband works a ton during that time so it would have left the other kids stranded at the house too much so we moved our trip to November and just moving it back 4 weeks saved us $150. So I saved $509 over my first December booking even after adding the park hopper.

YAY!!! My daughter was beaming today and this trip is about her. We were going no matter what but now we have a cushion and I couldn't be more thrilled. I don't think I would have been able to do this without all the wonderful advice I've received on here.

I will definitely be booking BB offer this year when I'm there. I can't go through this again - LOL
But it was sure fun waiting it out with all of you. What was just going to be me and DH, with FD I'm bringing kiddos. Can't leave them behind with such a great deal. DH and I will need to wait yet another year for our getaway. Maybe when kids are all 18

Everyone keeps saying All Star Sports. I did Music this morning, are the rooms the same? My daughter's sports are taekwondo and gymnastics, it seems very football-ish to me. I feel like I am missing something.
I never even saw availability for music at all. I think we're all just talking about sports because of the few of us who chose that resort as the only alternative available to save money. Also I specifically asked for feedback on sports :)

I really want to say a Big TY for those veteran that help me and others so much during this FD mess and battle :) You are amazing and soo helpful with the ones of us who are not so familiar about all this ( special thanks to black also..two yars ago.. you were so there to help with everything)

now that FD is done.. what about adr? lolol can we make it online at midnight or 6 am?

so frustrated!!! My trip is booked Dec 12-19 and I was trying to get through for hours. When I did get through we don't get it!!! It is sad that I could go on the 23rd and be there for 14 days with free dining, but because I'm getting there before the 15th I get nothing!!!! We are staying at the Contempary there was no room left for the promotion anyway.

I think the promo cut off was December 21. Did you look at the possibility of a split stay for the days before the 15th?

Congrats!!! Just wondering what number you called to get through. I have been trying for hours and all I get is busy signals. Is it 407-934-7639? thanks

Well, it kept saying no availability for Free Dining at Poly on our dates Sept 25-Oct 2.....(this was online) so I tried the room only discount and was able to get CL at Poly for $400 cheaper so I took it...there were no standard room discounts showing up so we may just drop the dining plan but I'm not sure. I have 3 young kids that pce the character meals so I will have to run the numbers....been at this since 6:00 a.m and my brain is fried!

I'm trying to price our package if I reduce it one day but the website is showing no availability at all anywhere for free dining on my dates. I don't know if it's a glitch or if everything sold out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter