2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

When you cancel a reservation should you get a confirmation email? We decided to "go big" and keep the AKL reservation. I logged into MDE and canceled my POP room. I got an error saying it could not be canceled at that time but when I went back to my main MDE page the reservation was gone.
I really don't want to call in just to check.

We canceled and didn't get a confirmation email either. I'm waiting to see if it shows up as a refund on my card before I potentially call.

I see a lot of people talking about calling on the phone. Are the CM's able to work more magic than just what's seen on line? I really had my heart set on a forest view at the BC but all they have on line (and have had since the very start of FD) is a water view which is $1000 extra for me! :confused: I ended up taking a standard room at the BWI but it was a "take what I can get" situation. Do you think if I call I might get more luck at pixie dust? :disrocks:

We booked with American from the Dallas/Ft Worth Area on March 30th. When we saw flights for our dates for $177rt pp we knew we would never find them cheaper. We paid $237rt pp last September with SW and thought that was a good price so when we saw it $60 cheaper we jumped. We knew we were going no matter what and already had our dates set for November 18-25 so we were just waiting to see if we were going to be within the date range for FD. When I heard that FD may be offered on 4/27 and knew that this would be the date that we were coming off our cruise, I broke down and called a TA at Destinations to Travel, LLC that I had seen referred on DAD's (Carl Trent) website. We gave her our first choice and a 2nd & 3rd alternative with permission to make any changes that we needed to make to get FD within our price range as long as our dates did not change. When we got off the ship yesterday, we already had an email at 5:48am with our confirmation with exactly what we had asked for.
2 standard rooms (connecting requested) at POP with FD and park hopper!! :jumping1:
The TA was AMAZING! and I will definitely use her again!
I do agree with Smitch, if you are using SW, ALWAYS book the day they release their flights for the next month. They book fast and the non-stop ones even faster and they rarely go down.

Good luck on your airfare!
Hey!! Where have you been??? Did you miss all the fun?

I see a lot of people talking about calling on the phone. Are the CM's able to work more magic than just what's seen on line? I really had my heart set on a forest view at the BC but all they have on line (and have had since the very start of FD) is a water view which is $1000 extra for me! :confused: I ended up taking a standard room at the BWI but it was a "take what I can get" situation. Do you think if I call I might get more luck at pixie dust? :disrocks:
I tried to get a water view at the beach club - no dice. I had to take a pool view. I was originally booked in a BC garden view with paid dining hut it was not available for free dining so I had to upgrade. This still saved me about $1500.

Maybe, but it's random, depending on what's available at when you get through.

My daughter called last night at around 10:47 and got through in 5 mins my two sisters called off and all day and couldn't get though. Someone said they called it dept and got transferred and only waited 20 mins

So if you have the time call away. They normally shut down the lines for incoming calls around 11pm

You do not get a cancelation confirmation. No need to worry. If it is off MDE you are good to go! :)

Thanks! I really wish they would give cancellation emails!

For those calling, I don't know if it matters, but I got through so quickly by just ignoring their prompts and questions. I called from a phone not linked to my account, so when it asked what my home phone was, I kept pressing 0. I didn't enter an existing reservation number either. Rather quickly, the automated system said something like, "I'm sorry, we're having trouble understanding your input. Let me get an agent." Then someone picked up immediately. I guess it's worth a shot if you are calling tonight.

Hey!! Where have you been??? Did you miss all the fun?
You must have missed the multiple messages that I bombarded you with in your inbox!
I've been trying to read this entire thread before I posted but I gave up :faint:
:rotfl:

Thanks! I really wish they would give cancellation emails!

For those calling, I don't know if it matters, but I got through so quickly by just ignoring their prompts and questions. I called from a phone not linked to my account, so when it asked what my home phone was, I kept pressing 0. I didn't enter an existing reservation number either. Rather quickly, the automated system said something like, "I'm sorry, we're having trouble understanding your input. Let me get an agent." Then someone picked up immediately. I guess it's worth a shot if you are calling tonight.
you can do the same thing just by saying agent when the ask prompts and questions

Hmmm thanks. It worked yesterday on my computer but not today. The MDE help desk was not helpful. I'll keep trying!

no I did it back in 2013 so I know pretty much how it work, but I never had the +10 because I make them after the 180 days mark..please please let me have BOG for diner and Trez for my son 8 years old birthday :)

I was able to get a reservation at T-Rex by calling the restaurant directly after trying for a couple of months thru the Disney reservation system. I called T-Rex directly after we arrived at our resort and was able to get a reservation for later in the week for dinner. Just in case you aren't able to score one ahead of time... Good luck!

I was able to get a reservation at T-Rex by calling the restaurant directly after trying for a couple of months thru the Disney reservation system. I called T-Rex directly after we arrived at our resort and was able to get a reservation for later in the week for dinner. Just in case you aren't able to score one ahead of time... Good luck!
ty i call this evening and get my reservation for november 2 :) boy wish we can do that way with BOG or CRT lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter