2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

Does anyone know for sure that the Garden Wing at the CR was totally excluded from free dining??

Woohoo!!! They didn't end up canceling, they just transferred everything back to the original reservation and added free dining to it and canceled the free dining reservation. Which is good because now I have an extra $200 towards that and my insurance didn't get messed up. I was worried because I had a standard room at CBR for both reservations but that all worked out fine. They were awesome and all in all I ended up being on the phone for 30 minutes and now no more worrying. :)

Yay, I'm so glad it worked out for you!

Well..now what? We have our FD. Planning binder is in order. We have all of our dining reservations picked out, and written out in the order I need to book them, but can't book them yet. We've listed all the FP+ reservations we hope to get. And I've typed up room requests I'll need to fax..you know, in 6 months. :laughing:

I hate how I always get so antsy. :hyper: I always say I won't be so bad planning the next trip, but I always am.

The long wait is on!

My amazing travel agent was able to wrangle out a free dining reservation at CSR where we had to change our dates a little (so we are leaving the day we originally were going to arrive) but I'm happy, we got FD! Saves us $600 on our trip (which, husband was going to cancel and rebook at an offsite property if a discount didn't pop up) so wheeee!!!

Any of y'all stay at Coronado Springs? This will be our first time.

Also I got our dining taking care of last night- our reservations aren't as awesome as they were before, but I can live with that... because we got FREE DINING!!!

Is there a forum devoted to coronado springs? curious what others have to say about it.

Hey! :wave:

If my check in date is Nov 14th, can someone tell me what date and time I'd be able to do my dining reservations? Is it at 6am eastern? Would I be able to schedule all my days at once, or one day at a time...? :surfweb:

My amazing travel agent was able to wrangle out a free dining reservation at CSR where we had to change our dates a little (so we are leaving the day we originally were going to arrive) but I'm happy, we got FD! Saves us $600 on our trip (which, husband was going to cancel and rebook at an offsite property if a discount didn't pop up) so wheeee!!!

Also I got our dining taking care of last night- our reservations aren't as awesome as they were before, but I can live with that... because we got FREE DINING!!!

Is there a forum devoted to coronado springs? curious what others have to say about it.

I stayed there in 2010. It was very nice. The rooms, and beds in particular were awesome in my opinion. We didn't partake in the pool or anything...but theirs looks great!

this is totally unrelated, but for some reason, my profile lists my whole name as my userid... I wanted to choose a username and it wouldn't let me. Can someone tell me how I can change it?

If my check in date is Nov 14th, can someone tell me what date and time I'd be able to do my dining reservations? Is it at 6am eastern? Would I be able to schedule all my days at once, or one day at a time...? :surfweb:
It's a 180 days from check in. You can start doing your ADRs at 6am (eastern) online or 7am on the phone and you can do up to 10 days past check in on that day. :) Good luck with your choices!

Yay, I'm so glad it worked out for you!

Haha! I just went on to my MDE and now instead of two reservations I now have three. The regular cast member I had spoken to transferred me to customer service and she said "we just upgraded systems, not everything is working"...lol

I am not worried though, it will all work out, thinking I will call again next week if it isn't fixed on MDE, but the hilarious thing is all three are exactly the same and two even have the same confirmation number. Yeah, definitely some IT issues.

Congrats! DH and I stayed there once years ago. I really did not like the feel of the place but, that is just personal preference. The buildings reminded me of an apartment complex. I will say on the upside that the rooms and the pool were great! The rooms have a great look to them, plenty of room and comfy. I hardly ever go to the pools unless the kids have wanted to go. On our trip there it was just DH and I and I would not have stepped foot in it if it was not for the fact that DH wanted to nap all of the darn time. He took his nap and I went to the pool. I had a blast! I spent most of my time going down the slide with all of the kiddies there. I knew it probably looked dumb but, the slide is so much fun and I was not going to give up fun because of what people might think. I am sure you will have a great time and yes there is a thread to Coronado Springs on the dis. There is one for every resort.

There is definitely still some shuffling of the deck going on with regards to FD availability. I've been checking my "modify" page a couple times a day, and the hotels available on the promotion have been occasionally changing. I'm at AS Sports (09/30 - 10/07) and looking for Pop or a moderate, but unfortunately those haven't shown up for me yet.

Keep checking. I'm at ASSports 10/2-10/11 and I've been checking for Pop standard room. I've changed the dates around a few times to check for availability because it changes based on the days+ length of stay, and I've seen value resorts pop up starting 9/30, not POP yet though.

I was actually originally booked in pop with free dining but only in the premium pool room which was $400 more than ASSports. I decided save the money instead but I would take a pop standard in a heartbeat.

It is our favorite resort, we love it there. We stay there just about every year. Pool is awesome! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

I'm booking a villa at the Boardwalk with the Summer offer and I'm wondering why the Boardwalk doesn't fill up like the Beach Club does? Is it about the pool? We've never stayed at the Boardwalk before so I'm hoping it's ok.

There is definitely still some shuffling of the deck going on with regards to FD availability. I've been checking my "modify" page a couple times a day, and the hotels available on the promotion have been occasionally changing. I'm at AS Sports (09/30 - 10/07) and looking for Pop or a moderate, but unfortunately those haven't shown up for me yet.
Pop preferred room is available 9/30-10/7! Right now!

May 17th I believe - mine is may 18th and I check in 11/15

We had to switch to Coronado to get free dining. We have never been their and did most of our research on CBR. We found this thread on CSR.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...hread-may-2014.3270962/page-158#post-53372273

Well..now what? We have our FD. Planning binder is in order. We have all of our dining reservations picked out, and written out in the order I need to book them, but can't book them yet. We've listed all the FP+ reservations we hope to get. And I've typed up room requests I'll need to fax..you know, in 6 months. :laughing:

I hate how I always get so antsy. :hyper: I always say I won't be so bad planning the next trip, but I always am.

The long wait is on!

We are saying the same thing. What we have decided to do is figure out what tips will be for each of our TS and put in an envelopes marked with that restaurant. This way we will have that money already set aside. We will also be making a count down calendar soon so that the kids stop asking me when we are going.

We stayed there this past September as part of last year's FD promo and loved it. The rooms were nice. We stayed in the Casitas section, building 4, which is very close to the first bus stop for the resort so we never had a problem getting a seat. Parking was great, right outside the building. We were close to the laundry facilities, one of the pools, etc. It wasn't a bad hike to El Centro (the main building) but we only ate at the resort once so not a big deal for us either way. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter