2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

Yep got it!! Thank you....

I have been trying to get BOG ressies...any chance of snagging this as it get closer? Going 9/5- 9/13.
I would think it is possible. People overbook resisies and then as it gets closer to their check in they finalize their plans and cancel unwanted ressies. I would keep checking.

I just checked dinner for 9/6 there are some available times. Not sure how many you need a ressie for though.

Last edited:
Just make sure you did not book level 1 seating. Dining plan can only be used for level 2 and 3.

Actually, you can use dining plan for tier one seating on the late show. We are booked currently for the 8:30 show in tier one in early October :) For any other show it can't be tier one though.

Quick question...we are thinking about doing the Candlelight Processional which will use two of our table service dining credits. Would it be possible to share a table service meal at another restaurant while we are there during our week. I know it would have to be a restaurant where you ordered from a menu and not a buffet or anything like that...just wondering if anyone had ever done that??

Yep got it!! Thank you....

I have been trying to get BOG ressies...any chance of snagging this as it get closer? Going 9/5- 9/13.
If you did not get one yet, yes keep trying. You never know. I actually got one last year not long before we went, Christmas Eve at like 7:30pm. Just keep trying. :)

Looking for some advice from anyone with knowledge of the resorts. I am currently booked at All Star Music, but have the chance to move over to Pop Century. Could anyone please tell me their preference, experiences of these two resorts. Have never stayed at either. Looking for info on how the buses run and which has a better feel/foodcourt and anything else anyone wants to provide. TIA:)

Looking for some advice from anyone with knowledge of the resorts. I am currently booked at All Star Music, but have the chance to move over to Pop Century. Could anyone please tell me their preference, experiences of these two resorts. Have never stayed at either. Looking for info on how the buses run and which has a better feel/foodcourt and anything else anyone wants to provide. TIA:)
We have stayed at the All Stars before and Pop on several occasions. The great thing about Pop is that they have their OWN bus transportation, no sharing with other resorts and having to wait to make the rounds to them with going to the parks and leaving the parks. The rooms are the same size but I do think their food court seems to have more offerings than the All Stars. You can also walk over the bridge from Pop and go eat at the AoA food court, which I hear is pretty good (haven't done this yet).

We have only stayed at POP and loved it. We were booked at ASSports with free dining and I was very nervous about staying anywhere but POP. Thankfully I was able to modify the reservation the other day and switch to POP and I'm so happy. The walk over to AoA is beautiful and we actually preferred their food court. we never had any trouble with overcrowded buses and we could always take the AoA bus if it came to the park first. I can't compare it to All Stars but from what ive read its a better resort overall.

We have only stayed at POP and loved it. We were booked at ASSports with free dining and I was very nervous about staying anywhere but POP. Thankfully I was able to modify the reservation the other day and switch to POP and I'm so happy. The walk over to AoA is beautiful and we actually preferred their food court. we never had any trouble with overcrowded buses and we could always take the AoA bus if it came to the park first. I can't compare it to All Stars but from what ive read its a better resort overall.
Yaaay! So happy for you & your family. You worked very hard providing info to so many people in this thread :worship:that it's just so right that you finally got what you wanted. Congratulations! pixiedust:

I prefer Pop too. I have stayed at both AS Music and POP within the past 6-8 months and believe POP is a stronger, more solid choice. I prefer the bus system at POP. At AS Music you share some buses with the other AS resorts and on more than a few occasions the buses were full after their first stop at AS Sports. POP has the benefit of the Generation Gap Bridge & its a plus to walk over to the AoA cafeteria, to wander that resort to see the landscaping and particularly to be able to take advantage of the AoA buses if they show up first for transportation back from the parks at night. I found POP's layout to be more practical and intuitive. AS Music has a longer footprint so it can be a longer walk to and from the further bldgs such as Country Fare, Broadway & Rock. While AS Music has a beautiful fountain area & a fun, themed pool, POP seemed to be in better repair . . . especially the outside lighting at night. I noticed more blown lights and darker areas at AS Music in February. AS Music has just had renos done to its food court. However, I find I eat 99% of my meals in the parks and there are still a few (but only a few!) unique POP food items that I still enjoy. The King Cupcake and the (now sad, little) tie-dye cheesecake. POP is where I'm heading next fall. I've stayed at POP a number of times and personally prefer top floor, 50s section, lakeview. Sometimes I catch a partial view of fireworks at night from my window. While it is a bit longer walk to the food court and buses, I find it is generally quieter in that area. Good luck with your choice! ps check out the large POP resort thread on this board. It has lots of helpful info that may make a difference to you and your family.

Hi all! This is my first post :) and I just wanted to alert everyone that I believe more Free Dining rooms have opened up! I was able to add Free Dining to my brother's reservation at POP (his reservation is linked to mine...I don't know if you guys care about that haha).

I hope everyone who has been waiting and hoping can take advantage!

Hi all! This is my first post :) and I just wanted to alert everyone that I believe more Free Dining rooms have opened up! I was able to add Free Dining to my brother's reservation at POP (his reservation is linked to mine...I don't know if you guys care about that haha).

I hope everyone who has been waiting and hoping can take advantage!
Welcome to the boards, welcome to this thread and thank-you for the tip re availability! :welcome:

I was able to modify my reservation at POP to a standard room (we had preferred pool view) today.
so happy to see more options becoming available! saved us about $200 (which is good cause that's about what it will cost for our MNSSHP tickets)

I will be checking in 1 day earlier then the rest of my family in order to get FD. This is not any kind of issue right?

Actually, you can use dining plan for tier one seating on the late show. We are booked currently for the 8:30 show in tier one in early October :) For any other show it can't be tier one though.

I just tried to reserve the later Spirit of Aloha Show with dining plan and no go. You have to pay in advance with a CC.
Tier 2 and 3 available with Dining Plan.

I just canceled a standard free dining room at Coronado Springs for 11/15-11/21. I woke up early on the day the promotion came out to snag it, but my parents are coming with us now and I have not had any luck getting another CSR room! Looks like we're headed to CBR. I hope a DISer can snag it!

Aubray, I am very happy for you. I know how hard you were working to get this change. It seems as though everyone who wa Ted changes got them.

I will be checking in 1 day earlier then the rest of my family in order to get FD. This is not any kind of issue right?
Nope, you will be fine. We are doing the same. My daughter and her BF can't miss school, so I put myself in their room as the main guest and my DH in our room, so we can each check in the rooms. I called and made sure it wasn't an issue, and the CM said no problem, we can even book ME for them 2 days after were are checked in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter