2016-2017 Race Calendar Posted online

The down run has plenty of climbing too. It's actually harder on your legs than the up run.
Thanks - I am a very strong hill runner. I prefer uphill routes and much prefer rolling hills vs. a flat course for a race because you get to vary the muscles used. I am not super fast, but I am strong and steady. But, most of all, I love a challenge. I just have to decide between these two (Pike's Peak and Comrades). I'll use 2016 to prepare.

I haven't done Medoc yet, but that's part of the plan for next year. :)

Medoc is definitely on my list, but I don't know if we can make it happen in 2016 just yet. With husband moving from NFL/MLB to NBA, September has certainly become easier to deal with, but I think we were planning a week in Hawaii after Disneyland in 2016. #WompWomp

So, 2017 seems more likely. How about you run it first and then let me know all the details? :teeth:

Thanks - I am a very strong hill runner. I prefer uphill routes and much prefer rolling hills vs. a flat course for a race because you get to vary the muscles used. I am not super fast, but I am strong and steady. But, most of all, I love a challenge. I just have to decide between these two (Pike's Peak and Comrades). I'll use 2016 to prepare.

Uphill? Check. Rolling hills? Check. Challenge? Check. Sounds like your decision will be pretty easy. Of course, if you run & finish the up, you need to then run the down in 2018 to get your back to back medal.

Medoc is definitely on my list, but I don't know if we can make it happen in 2016 just yet. With husband moving from NFL/MLB to NBA, September has certainly become easier to deal with, but I think we were planning a week in Hawaii after Disneyland in 2016. #WompWomp

So, 2017 seems more likely. How about you run it first and then let me know all the details? :teeth:

Deal! Our plan next year is to run Medoc, spend a week wine tasting, a week champaign tasting, and then close it out with the DL Paris half.

I haven't done Medoc yet, but that's part of the plan for next year. :)

OMG! Just read a Guardian article about this race! So, I was going to ask how you hadn't convinced @Keels to do it yet... But she has already responded!...

You HAVE to do a TR on this race!!
complete with pictures!!
.... we are after all, several thousand of your closest followers!

What's everyone marking their calendars for in the 2016-2017 season?

I know I'm definitely planning on the 5K + Dumbo at Disneyland in 2016.....

@Keels , do you get a medal for Dumbo Double Dare for this because you're doing Dumbo in WDW also? Or is that an unofficial title?

Is anyone else having trouble with something on this site tripping your App Store to open... It's happening all the time. Started a couple of days ago. And doesn't seem to happen on other sites I'm visiting.
I know there's tech people here... Would you mind either sending me a PM or tell me where to find out more... I am Not very tech savvy but I Don't want to hijack this thread
:/

@Keels , do you get a medal for Dumbo Double Dare for this because you're doing Dumbo in WDW also? Or is that an unofficial title?

Nah. So far (in the calendar year), I'm registered for Dopey, Glass Slipper + 5k, Pixie Dust + 5k. The "run year" officially begins with Disneyland Half, so I'm planning on Dumbo + 5k that weekend as well. Jury is out on if I'll do W&ad again ... we'll see how it goes next month!

Nah. So far (in the calendar year), I'm registered for Dopey, Glass Slipper + 5k, Pixie Dust + 5k. The "run year" officially begins with Disneyland Half, so I'm planning on Dumbo + 5k that weekend as well. Jury is out on if I'll do W&ad again ... we'll see how it goes next month!

Duh! Dopey does not equal dumbo!!

Yea, we'll see how W&D goes! Looking forward to your TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter