2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Pretty new here- you are all so helpful! My?- we are a family of 14- missed free dining by 3 days - we are booked in 4 Nemo suites and 1 little mermaid room- I had done the math and if we had to cancel and rebook with the higher ticket prices it was a difference of $300! 15% off room saves $400. Soooo- if they come out with a room discount can it just be applied- saving us $1300????

Hi! Pretty new here- you are all so helpful! My?- we are a family of 14- missed free dining by 3 days - we are booked in 4 Nemo suites and 1 little mermaid room- I had done the math and if we had to cancel and rebook with the higher ticket prices it was a difference of $300! 15% off room saves $400. Soooo- if they come out with a room discount can it just be applied- saving us $1300????
What about a split stay? Have you done the numbers to see if you checked out and back in when free dining starts? I know the little mermaid rooms are usually excluded. But it still may save you a lot of money with that many adults.

Your odds are very, very slim of getting in without an ADR, and you'll waste park time waiting around to see.

Ok, thank you. I wish we would have know we were doing this first week in October before yesterday. It seems that almost everything for restaurants is booked up already. It might be best to not upgrade and just pay OOP and keep our one reservation at Whispering Canyon on our last day. All my daughter wants is a Kungaloosh, no food just that dessert, at the new Jungle Navigation Co. and there isn't anything available.

Am I the only one who sees less availability through the DV offer? I snagged my FD ressie in the wee hours but had to trim a day off my trip to get it, so I keep checking back.

Ever since I got the DV email this morning, I periodically check dates at CR through the DV link and then separately just by going directly to Disney site. While I can't yet add the day I want to, each time I check there are definitely more options through the regular site and basically no availability via the DV link. Just find it interesting...

I stayed up just in case FD was available for end of October. Was able to book RO for Pop in standard pool view. After a nap I checked again, standard and preferred were both available, so I switched to standard to save a few dollars.

FD would have been nice but the dates dont quite work for us. Happy to see so many get what they were hoping for!!

After 2 1/2 hours on hold we were unable to add either free dining or any type of room discount to our previously booked reservation at the Contemporary Garden Wing. They could have moved us to AKL but I guess we'll suck it up and end up paying for the ability to walk to MK instead of riding the bus all over.

Should we try calling back in a day or two and see if something opens up, or is the Garden Wing usually excluded from any type of discounts?

It works the same way. If there's availability they'll apply it.

Mermaid rooms won't be included and Nemo is the lowest available.

But depending on the group dynamics, it can be a great savings. I get annoyed when folks make these broad statements without having any idea the number of people, the room and the discount the family may be comparing the FD to.

I agree with you. This trip is only me and DH, we are booked at CSR, which is where we want to be, The RO discount is about $50/night, so about $400 for our stay. Dining is a big part of the vacation for us and the FD is the better value for us.

For bigger parties, I don't see how RO can beat FD.

12/10-12/17/2016 CBR standard room for family of 5 is available on the DV offer right now. Just FYI it wasn't there earlier and it doesn't show up on the GP one. Thought maybe someone could use it.

All my daughter wants is a Kungaloosh, no food just that dessert, at the new Jungle Navigation Co. and there isn't anything available.
I don't believe Skippers Canteen (Jungle Navigation Co.) is taking advanced ADRs yet. Think it is still same day ADRs (try making it online first thing in the a.m. when you are on your vacation). However, there is a new rumour that Skippers may be changing up its menu to offer more mainstream options. If so, that could increase its popularity and then advanced dining ressies may be offered. Confusing? Yes. But for right now, you should still have a good chance of making your same day ressie early morning of the MK day you wish to eat there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter