2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im on hold just the music, but im already booked at POR oct 1st - 7th garden view and curious if anyone else has tried to add free dining at POR that was already booked ?

We have similar dates and my TA tried unsuccessfully to add it to POR at 4:30. We have to have a 5 person room though. So we can't even do the Royal room if one was free

Well, I pulled the all nighter and made it out with free dining in the wee hours of the morning for my trip (after a few changes). I'm a Disney TA as well and had to call my clients pretty early this morning as well when dates were not lining up with hopes/plans.

I'm VERY grateful and feel blessed to have secured FD, but I must say this was the biggest let down in Free dining releases as far in its history with the dates and resorts they cover... very sporadic... as they certainly look to tone this promo back as they promised a few years ago. My hopes are not high for next year being worth while.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Sorry if this is old news, I'm still catching up from last night. But I'm hearing that DV cardholders can book for Aug 14 start date.

LOL, I've wondered the same thing, although you'd think that would be insane for them to do. Checking prices at 5am EDT after everything dropped, then actually booking an Oct 30-Nov 4 room discount for the Cabins, adding on tickets, DDP, Memory Maker, and Insurance, all of it was completely smooth, no hiccups, no issues from here in Ontario.
DH thinks we get routed to a different server or page or somesuch based on IP address. (He's in IT.)
One thing is for sure: I found the Disney site's process so easy and obvious and simple--esp compared to Air Canada's travel site!!! (To be fair, AC didn't build their site around booking Disney special promotions, but still.)

Thanks for teaching me so much, everyone! I might still change my mind and go for some FD, and I know what to do. ;-)

I had the same experience but with modifying an existing CBR std (no avail except Pirates) to a CSR std with free dining. No problems, all smooth sailing. My site says the offer is from Aug 14th, but from what I can see on this board, I think the US residents' offer starts on the 23rd?

Congrats on getting a RO discount!

I ended up with all star sports, not exactly what we wanted but hey at least we got the free dining. We wanted CBR but could not swing or justify to swing 500 more for a pirate room. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who had the patience to answer my questions and to thank Steve black and Smitch. And I would tag you if I knew how! Lol

I actually had a standard room package already at CBR, and I couldn't get that room switched to the free dining plan. I had to change to Coronado or book a pirate room to keep the same dates. I went with Coronado to save money.

So I guess either there's a glitch or they really limit the number of rooms at a resort that can be booked with free dining, even if more rooms are available.

I wouldn't be surprised if we may be able to check back and change resorts in a few days. If you really want CBR, I would keep checking periodically, or play with your dates (if that's a possibility).

Can't get the passed the checkout button online. Also noticed this..IMG_7574.JPG IMG_7576.JPG

Pretty sure that is more than the difference in the price of a parkhopper!!!!

We weren't able to book a Nemo suite but we did get free dining for a generic family suite. My TA says we're lucky. I'm going to keep checking this week to see if a Nemo suite opens up.

Well, I pulled the all nighter and made it out with free dining in the wee hours of the morning for my trip (after a few changes). I'm a Disney TA as well and had to call my clients pretty early this morning as well when dates were not lining up with hopes/plans.

I'm VERY grateful and feel blessed to have secured FD, but I must say this was the biggest let down in Free dining releases as far in its history with the dates and resorts they cover... very sporadic... as they certainly look to tone this promo back as they promised a few years ago. My hopes are not high for next year being worth while.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Yep. It may be extinct next year. My bounce back covered me this year so this mad rush and stress has just been entertainment for me. I look forward to reading all the comments today.

I really wanted Pop but right at 4:05 none were available for me, I had to go with All-Star Music.. Wish I would of clicked prefered room then beccause I wanted to talk to the hubby later about it, now theres none :./

Is anyone familiar with the 'garden view' rooms at POR? I wanted the standard but they were not available this morning. We have only stayed in the standard and usually at Alligator Bayou when we have stayed there. Where are they normally located? I might be able to change to the standard when it does become available. But if the garden view is close like the ones at Alligator Bayou, I may just keep them.

We were garden view in AB, building 17 I believe. Had a quiet pool next to us, but kind of a long winding walk to the food court and main pool area. The view was nothing special, just better than staring at a parking lot. I'd like to stay there again, but would pay for a preferred building next time.

Was able to get 3 garden view room at POR for Sept 17-24 (I did 2 of the rooms on 2 computers and my SIL did 1) right at 4:15!!! Couldn't believe it actually went smooth !!!!
Hope everyone is doing ok!!!! I couldn't sleep after staying up waiting and then being excited!!!

Sad I couldn't get pop! Didn't realize it would be so hard to get. My TA tried right when it was released.

Ok so I'm a little sulky right now. I told y'all I would be a cranky witch if I stayed up all night and there was no FD :confused3

So now instead of my planning being done for a while (until FP time) it got kicked up a notch. I need to
A. Stalk the website for rooms that may become available with our dates for 5 people
B. Figure out different dates that will work for dh and I's work schedules and say screw school for a week
C. Find an off site hotel that has a good cancellation policy (I work in health care and won't know for sure I can go until this summer... Probably)
D. Cancel all our ADRs and be hangry at Disney.... Jk that's not an option, but for real we can't keep the dining package as we have it now unless I get a second job lol so I've got some research and stalking to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter