2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to book FD this morning at 4am, the only available resort with a preferred room was CBR so I booked it. My question is hubby and I really want a king bed (also was available at the time) but I went with preferred over king since I like to be close to the main buildings. Can I call and request a king bed in a preferred room or am I out of luck? I wish CBR had preferred king rooms like CSR does!
I just booked a king room at cbr for my in-laws about 45 mins ago. They had existing reservation in a preferred. We did a new booking and cancelled the old! Took 10 mins tops.

Brutal honesty needed. Is it possible in the coming weeks that my existing standard room at CBR could have a chance at FD? I do have a TA watching. I'm booked 11/19-11/25.

Not to cause a stampede or anything, but I've seen several posts about not being able to get FD at Pop. By playing around on the website, I found a lot more availability if the check-in was on a Monday or Tuesday instead of a Saturday or Sunday. So if you are trying to get Pop (or even another resort??) you could try that.

Brutal honesty needed. Is it possible in the coming weeks that my existing standard room at CBR could have a chance at FD? I do have a TA watching. I'm booked 11/19-11/25.
It's absolutely possible. Last year, a few days after FD was released, many rooms that weren't available opened up. Just keep checking.

I know some people were looking for rooms at the Poly (including myself). I just saw the Lagoon View Club now is listed as an option where before it wasn't for the last week of September.

Just keep trying, just keep trying, just keep trying, trying, trying... (Dory's voice)

When we went online this morning, there was NOTHING available for POR for our dates. Finally, a guest services lady figured it out and got us our dining as a modify on our existing res. But when we called an hour ago, there were several options for Royal rooms, which we wanted, and different views as well. Everything is moving so fast today that it is way to early to lose hope yet. This coming from me who was almost in tears last night as everyone kept getting their new FD at 4am while nothing was working for me. Theres a good chance you guys can still get what you need!
What's your dates if you don't mind me asking?

Ok, how do we book adr's with free dining? It doesn't give me the option when I try to make a reservation. It just says I need a credit card to guarantee. I am so confused!
There isn't a special way to book ADR's if you have free dining. You book them normally and you need to put a credit card on it to save the reservation. When you go to the restaurant you tell them that you are on the dining plan, usually they ask before you order, and they'll take it from there. :)

I was able to book FD this morning at 4am, the only available resort with a preferred room was CBR so I booked it. My question is hubby and I really want a king bed (also was available at the time) but I went with preferred over king since I like to be close to the main buildings. Can I call and request a king bed in a preferred room or am I out of luck? I wish CBR had preferred king rooms like CSR does!
From what I've been told, they don't put a room type in two categories. Since you booked a preferred room then you won't get a king bed. If you had booked a king bed then you could have asked for a room in the preferred section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter