2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been here since midnight. Got about 45 min. of sleep after booking at 4:15am then I had to get up for work. Let's just say that I am NOT an asset to the company today.

Me too. My coworkers certainly had a good laugh at my expense. That being said I did get free dining however it was not for the resort we wanted but I am still thankful that we are going to Disney. We are going to try All Stars Music if I can pull myself away from the disboards and the disney site from compulsively checking availability. :surfweb:
(I will need to change my ticker)
Here's hoping that everyone gets what they want in the end pixiedust:

Can I ask what deal you got for your FIL (resort/dates/# of people) where the FD came out better? Between the military tickets and the military room discount, FD lost every time I did the math. Are you not using the Armed Forces Salute tickets for your own reservation?

My father in law had a regular package booked seperate from ours with no military discount because he's checking in 3 days after us. So we couldn't use the military room discount for his reservation. He's one person staying at Pop for only 4 nights. I was able to switch him to free dining, get him park hoppers, and still save him $103.

Our immediate family is spending 7 days in the parks, family of 6. 8 nights at AoA. We didn't use the armed forces salute tickets (the 4 days ones)for our trip. Just the plain military discounted tickets for 7 days. No park hoppers.
We would have saved a LOT by switching to free dining on our reservation but couldn't because we didn't have park hopper tickets and there's no way to upgrade them over the phone.
Had we used the salute tickets it would have been cheaper for sure but we like to spend more time there than 4 days.

Next time I'll be sure to either buy park hoppers or wait to purchase tickets till free dining comes out.

a little ray of hope for everyone.. when all the hype about free dining occurs,people book, just in case. often they cancel. maybe soon, after they think aboutit. and then again, maybe 31 days out (before the balance for a package is due)

Last edited:

a little ray of hope for everyone.. when all the hype about free dining occurs,people book, just in case. often they cancel. maybe soon, after they think aboutit. and then again, maybe 46 days out (before the balance for a apckage is due)

It's 30 days out now FYI. They changed it a while back to 30 days for full payment and to cancel. For example, my trip starts Sept 16th and my full payment is due August 17th.

It's 30 days out now FYI. They changed it a while back to 30 days for full payment and to cancel. For example, my trip starts Sept 16th and my full payment is due August 17th.

wow! I did not know that! thanks for the info! and I apologize for sharing incorrect info. .... oh my,, my bad, I just looked at my reservation, for aug 26 (free dining bounceback) and the balance isn't due until July 27 . now I am doubly embarrassed! I had the info right in front of me!

a little ray of hope for everyone.. when all the hype about free dining occurs,people book, just in case. often they cancel. maybe soon, after they think aboutit. and then again, maybe 46 days out (before the balance for a apckage is due)

I reeeeeaaallllyy hope this is true! Trying for 11/15-11/21 at ASMu. Need 1 standard room for my fam and 1 fam suite for BIL, SIL, and their clan...c'mon pixie dust gods, I need help!! PLEAAASSSEE! pixiedust::sad:

wow! I did not know that! thanks for the info! and I apologize for sharing incorrect info. .... oh my,, my bad, I just looked at my reservation, for aug 26 (free dining bounceback) and the balance isn't due until July 27 . now I am doubly embarrassed! I had the info right in front of me!

No worries! Just wanted to make sure you knew too! Think they would make a change like that a little more clear considering it has been 45 days out for a LONG time. 15 day difference is quite a big change.

Carribbean Beach resort now sleeps 5 (plus an infant)

Right- but my comment was in response to there only being Mansion rooms available at POR. Alligator Bayou was the only thing coming up for me due to party size. I wasn't speaking of CBR at all when I posted that, just that there were AB rooms available for FD- at least that was the case this morning

we originally booked at POP for November, but my TA was unable to get free dining for it. I was very disappointed, but we checked in a around 9am and saw that CS was available with free dining and the whole package was cheaper than if we had stayed at POP! How strange, but exciting! I have never stayed at CS! What do you like about it? I'm feeling very grateful that we were able to get FD. We are booked from 11/15-11-24. So excited to be trying something new! I hope you all were able to get what you wanted! I've enjoyed reading this thread!

We loved Coronado Springs and free dining makes it all the better!! Have fun-there's lots of posts about the resort you will find helpful. We liked everything about the resort-relaxing and beautiful grounds.

I have been following along off and on all day! Finally got through all of the posts! FD threads are the best! I'm so happy for all who were able to book the FD and RO that they wanted. I definitely agree with others who have said to keep watch for anyone who did not have success today. It seemed like last year many were able to get what they wanted later.

Now I'm looking forward to FD 2017 when we will be hopefully going back!

Same here. After staying up til midnight, getting up again at 1:00am, 2:30am, and 4am, all I was able to do (that was even close to the cost of our existing CSR standard reservation), was a pirate room at CBR. After learning from this thread that the beds in that room are doubles and not queens, and that these rooms are the furthest away from everything, and after looking on the Disney website all day for another deal and reading this thread off and on all day, I gave up our free dining room and booked a standard room at POFQ, paying for the dining plan. Hopefully, a free dining deal that works better for us will open up or we will get in on a resort discount offer or code. If not, that's okay....we're still going to Disney!!
:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:
Not sure if you saw a few posts about the Magical vacation deal they found? I got a quote from them and their pricing was very good and very close to free dining......and options of no PH which reduced pricing also. I was ready to book until FD popped back up for me and I got it. Hope it helps and have a great vacation.

Just thought I'd test the reflexes of everyone's tired souls to make sure you're all still with us.:confused3

I also wanted to say that I hope everyone that had a good day, had a great day.....and everyone that had a bad day will have a better day tomorrow.
Started bad.....no FD at Pop for dates I wanted.....got better as I found 2 rooms at ASMu (not first choice, but have stayed there and like it) and as I was booking them, my TA did also.....so had to cancel mine but now we are going and my DD gets to being a friend this year.
THANK YOU for all you do black....you are the best.

Me too. My coworkers certainly had a good laugh at my expense. That being said I did get free dining however it was not for the resort we wanted but I am still thankful that we are going to Disney. We are going to try All Stars Music if I can pull myself away from the disboards and the disney site from compulsively checking availability. :surfweb:
(I will need to change my ticker)
Here's hoping that everyone gets what they want in the end pixiedust:
We stayed at Music a couple of trips ago and that's where we are going this year as of now, unless Pop pops up. We liked it.....like Pop a little better. But where we were we could either walk to Music for the busses or Sports across the parking lot. Food court was being renovated so we had to do Sports for that. We use our room to sleep anyway. Have a great vacation.

Question about dining reservations.

I am trying to book cinderellas castle for breakfast or dinner as well as chef mickys.

I have the regular dining plan not the quick service and it is still asking for a credit card.

How does this work? I have a 2 year old and if she decided to cooperate that day would they charge my credit card still? Or do I have a time period to cancel dining reservations

I am trying to book cinderellas castle for breakfast or dinner as well as chef mickys.

I have the regular dining plan not the quick service and it is still asking for a credit card.

How does this work? I have a 2 year old and if she decided to cooperate that day would they charge my credit card still? Or do I have a time period to cancel dining reservations
You have to put your credit card in for the cancellation fee if you don't show up or cancel. You are supposed to cancel the day before but some people have had luck cancelling on short notice and calling the dining line to get the fee waved.

I believe you have 24 hours before your reservation to cancel.....if not they charge $10 per person. This was put in place due to people making reservationsp at several restaurants at a time and decide at the time where to eat and leaving others with chance to book.

They require a credit when booking a TS res. Because if your a no-show for that res. They will charge a $10. fee per person for not showing up. If you do make a res. And then decide you won't be able to make it they require you to cancel no less than 24hrs. ahead of time. You should double check that 24hrs. part. I'm 90% sure it's 24 but it may be 48hrs. ahead of time. Hope this helps and have a great trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter