2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm following along! I'm getting more and more excited for the end of April :) We are hoping for October 1-11 @ CBR. If it comes down to it though I will switch dates and/or resorts.

Does anyone remember the price difference per adult to upgrade to DDP from QS...during the FD promo? Trying to work out the math and going off of memory from last year of it being (I believe) $20 per adult per night (4 adults).
Trying to figure out the difference with staying preferred value 9 nights to staying MOD regular for 9 nights. Because my math shows us actually saving $40 to do the MOD instead of preferred value and upgrading to DDP.
Any thoughts on the price per night per adult is appreciated....because I cannot remember..

Does anyone remember the price difference per adult to upgrade to DDP from QS...during the FD promo? Trying to work out the math and going off of memory from last year of it being (I believe) $20 per adult per night (4 adults).
Trying to figure out the difference with staying preferred value 9 nights to staying MOD regular for 9 nights. Because my math shows us actually saving $40 to do the MOD instead of preferred value and upgrading to DDP.
Any thoughts on the price per night per adult is appreciated....because I cannot remember..

It is $19.57 per night per adult to upgrade from the quick service dining plan to the regular dining plan.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan.htm

Maybe also consider switching to the UK site as they seem to sometimes have great deals with free DD without the same blackout dates.

Maybe also consider switching to the UK site as they seem to sometimes have great deals with free DD without the same blackout dates.
Is that even possible? Don't you have to live in the UK to be allowed to book UK deals?

ok, so let me get this straight, you are saying it is cheaper to stay at a moderate and get the regular dining plan than to stay at a value and upgrade to the regular dining plan, is that correct?

ok, so let me get this straight, you are saying it is cheaper to stay at a moderate and get the regular dining plan than to stay at a value and upgrade to the regular dining plan, is that correct?
We have a room with 4 adults and the price was virtually the same. So for a couple more dollars, it's worth it to upgrade to queen size beds, double sinks, and slightly larger rooms.

It really depends on the room category you've booked. If you've got a standard room booked at a moderate with four adults it's going to be close. But many of the rooms available for FD are the higher priced ones, like the Royal rooms at POR which can run an extra $50 per night, so you have to do your homework.

Last edited:
fo

For my family yes. I go through booking a vacation to price it out at a preferred room at ASM (4 adults) add park hopper and $19.57 per adult per night (to upgrade FD to DDP from QS)...it comes to $3,983(and some change)
For CBR regular room 4 adults and park hopper....it comes to $3,952(and some change)

Hopefully awaiting a FD announcement! We already booked out reservations-resort and dining-added the dining plan for our 9 night/10 day stay. When we received written confirmation, it only listed 9 days for the dining plan. I called and a CM somewhat stated that the plan begins when we arrive and because some guests arrive late or leave early they may not eat at the resort or at the parks. In the past we have always had a DP that matched our length of stay. Does the FDP work the same? We always arrive as early and leave as late as possible to milk as much of the magic as we can. We now need to factor in an extra day for food that is not covered by the DP.

Hopefully awaiting a FD announcement! We already booked out reservations-resort and dining-added the dining plan for our 9 night/10 day stay. When we received written confirmation, it only listed 9 days for the dining plan. I called and a CM somewhat stated that the plan begins when we arrive and because some guests arrive late or leave early they may not eat at the resort or at the parks. In the past we have always had a DP that matched our length of stay. Does the FDP work the same? We always arrive as early and leave as late as possible to milk as much of the magic as we can. We now need to factor in an extra day for food that is not covered by the DP.

The dining plan does match your length of stay. If you booked 9 nights, you have 9 days of dining (free or not - it's all the same). You can use your credits any way you wish, starting from the time you check in until 11:59pm on the day you check out.

The dining plan length is based on # of nights.

The dining plan does match your length of stay. If you booked 9 nights, you have 9 days of dining (free or not - it's all the same). You can use your credits any way you wish, starting from the time you check in until 11:59pm on the day you check out.

Wasn't it at one time based on park tickets? We have the 10 day park hopper and I remember have the dining plan that went with the tickets.

Wasn't it at one time based on park tickets? We have the 10 day park hopper and I remember have the dining plan that went with the tickets.

Disney removed the ticket requirements and you can now book a ticketless package with your room & dining plan. However, in order to qualify for Free Dining, they will most likely require tickets with PH or WPF&M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter