2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking you can't get the free QS meal plus buy the dining plan. When you book this promotion it will give you the option to upgrade your dining plan.

I'm curious as to the cost of the upgrades. What was the make up of your party in your screen shot? How many adults/children? How many nights too? Thank you.

I'm curious as to the cost of the upgrades. What was the make up of your party in your screen shot? How many adults/children? How many nights too? Thank you.

I think it may have been 6/2-6/5 for 2A, 12yo & 9yo. I didn't keep the offer in my cart.

I think it may have been 6/2-6/5 for 2A, 12yo & 9yo. I didn't keep the offer in my cart.

Well, I couldn't do it with that one, so I went and did a "dummy" trip myself. Here's what the math says:

Upgrade to QSDP 25.79 (A) 10.52 (C)
to DDP 44.79 (A) 14.08 (C)
to DXDDP 94.68 (A) 25.61 (C)

Here are the prices to upgrades

• Quick Service Plan – $25.79/adult (10+), $10.52/child (3-9), per night
• Regular Dining Plan – $44.79/adult (10+), $14.01/child (3-9), per night
• Deluxe Dining Plan – $94.68/adult (10+), $25.61/child (3-9), per night

I was wondering if when the Booking deadline for the Summer Package Feb. 29th ends, will the next Special Package offered be for Fall? Still hoping for Regular Free Dining

I was wondering if when the Booking deadline for the Summer Package Feb. 29th ends, will the next Special Package offered be for Fall? Still hoping for Regular Free Dining

That would be REALLY early for fall specials to be released, but that would be WONDERFUL if they did!

FD used to come out March/April when I used to book it. Last time I took advantage of it was in 2014 and I think it had come out in May 2014, but I can't remember.

I'm watching for Free Dining too :) We are trying to plan our first family vacation ever and I'm overwhelmed!

OK a newbie question. If I book (through the Disney website) the hotel reservation, and then seperately add in park tickets, would I be eligible for free dining if it comes out? Or do I have to book the package?

OK a newbie question. If I book (through the Disney website) the hotel reservation, and then seperately add in park tickets, would I be eligible for free dining if it comes out? Or do I have to book the package?

It doesn't matter what you book now, once the free dining (if they offer it) comes available, you will have to call and add it to your present reservations (package or not) and they will only give you free dining if it available.

A purchase of park tickets is required with the free dining promo. For 2015 a minimum of a 2 day ticket PLUS the add on of park hopper or water park was required.

We are planning a 23-family member trip during free dining. So excited! Can't wait to get back to WDW and I so hope the free dining deal stays the same as last year and doesn't get worse. I fondly remember the early days when it included appetizers and gratuity, too. That was so dreamy! :tink:

Will you try to do table service for all 23 of you at the same time?
We hope to! I have been trying to research how to make Grand Gatherings reservations but I haven't found solid answers yet. Any advice? We'd like to meet up for our TS meals and probably do the same parks each day, but not stay together all day.

We hope to! I have been trying to research how to make Grand Gatherings reservations but I haven't found solid answers yet. Any advice? We'd like to meet up for our TS meals and probably do the same parks each day, but not stay together all day.
Sorry, I don't know a thing about Grand Gatherings. But I do think that meeting up at TS meals once a day is definitely the way to go with a large group. Good luck! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter