2016 Hilton Head FAQ and Roll Call

We will be there July 2nd-9th! Can't wait to be there for 4th of July week.....we've been shut out of the whole summer for the past three years. Finally we just gave in and bought points so we could reserve at 11 months! So excited to be going back! Note-- we might cancel Friday 7/8 depending on our travel plans---so that might go to a waitlist!

We will be down in early December. How is the weather at that time of year? Still plenty of restaurants open? Thanks.

Yes, there are plenty of restaurants still open! Our issue is usually finding the time to fit in all our favorites.

The weather is another matter! In all our years going we've had hot to cold, wet to dry, and everything in between. The best thing to do is wait as close to going and see what's predicted for your week. Layering your clothing is also a good plan.

It's a beautiful resort and my family just loves it! Hope you enjoy your visit!

Kristen

We'll be there 7/2-7. Bringing in-laws with us, and our kids are so excited to share campfires and Goofy Bingo with them! Our 6th trip! :)

Yes, there are plenty of restaurants still open! Our issue is usually finding the time to fit in all our favorites.

The weather is another matter! In all our years going we've had hot to cold, wet to dry, and everything in between. The best thing to do is wait as close to going and see what's predicted for your week. Layering your clothing is also a good plan.

It's a beautiful resort and my family just loves it! Hope you enjoy your visit!

Kristen
Thanks so much.

How hetic is the place at Labor Day? Run on the chairs and umbrellas at the beach, bad traffic?

Just booked June 18-20 for the first time in YEARS! Would love to add on a few more days if they pop up.

We are heading back for our 1st trip to HHI in 3 years!! We'll be on property in 13 days, June 5-10. Can't wait! We had such a great time our first trip we've been trying to make time to get back ever since. This year is our down year for Orlando trips so back to HHI we go! It's a week before all the "summer" stuff starts, but I'm sure we'll still have a good time.

We are heading back for our 1st trip to HHI in 3 years!! We'll be on property in 13 days, June 5-10. Can't wait! We had such a great time our first trip we've been trying to make time to get back ever since. This year is our down year for Orlando trips so back to HHI we go! It's a week before all the "summer" stuff starts, but I'm sure we'll still have a good time.

Have a wonderful time!!

Bobbi

We have our first trip booked for September 17-25. We are taking my son, dil and our Grandson who will be 7.5 months at that time. I have had a hard time talking my DH into going to HHI in the past, but now that he can spend a week with his Grandson, he is all for it. We spent one night here in a studio before on our way down to WDW, but this will be our first time to be able to enjoy the resort. I am looking forward to all the activities that I have heard about, but am not sure what to really expect.

Forgot to add that we will be in a 2-bedroom and am wondering if most of them are dedicated.

Last edited:
Have a wonderful time!!

Bobbi

Thanks Bobbi... We can't wait to go back. You need anything from the shop?? ;) I'm still wearing the swimsuit you helped me get... Molly has been waiting to get back down there for awhile now. We're taking my in-laws for their 1st trip to HHI. They are VERY excited. :)

Mark

Yay!! So cool to see a HHI roll call! I love this resort it's seriously a home away from home. We have been going every other year since 1996! I can't wait for this year I'm getting so excited already and were so close. We will be there June 26-July 1 - 2 bedroom

So cool to see other HHI fans on the boards. I feel like HHI resort doesn't get the love it deserves

Is there a thread somewhere that includes information about prices of rental chairs and umbrellas and that sort of this. This thread seems to be mostly a roll-call thread, and we are making our first trip, so I am looking for basic information that repeat visitors may already know.

We are headed to Hilton Head on Thursday - this will be our first time staying at this resort - hopefully we will love it, as its only 3 hours from our home.

We'll be there June 12th-June 17th. I wish I had some more information on prices of chairs, umbrellas, etc, but last time we went it was in off-season.

Were there the last week in April in a two bedroom overlooking the pool. Amazing location, beach and beach house is amazing, lots of jelly fish.
We will be returning if we can get in since we do not have points there.

Loved it!

We will be back for two nights Oct. 30-Nov. 1 and can't wait!! We were there for a week the end of January and loved the difference of a winter trip from our previous summer trips. I think I love HHI any time of year! :)

I"m looking for information on visiting at Christmas time....I know it's very much in the "off" season, but is it still worth going?

Just made reservations for my husband and I, October 23 - 28 to celebrate our 30th anniversary! I hope there's still lots of stuff going on the last week of October. I've never been to Hilton Head Island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter