• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Hilton Head FAQ and Roll Call

Arriving on Aug 28th. We've had to cancel the previous two years due to family matters. We're really looking forward to finally getting back. Haven't been there since the remodel, so I hope it hasn't changed too much.

I have previously replied, but plans changed. Heading down Sept. 11-16 and staying in 2BR with DS42. Then heading down a second time Oct. 30-Nov. 3 with DD, DSIL and two grandchildren. DD, DSIL and children are staying in a 2BR while DW and myself are staying in a Studio.

A question - does anyone know if the resort does anything special for Halloween?

I have previously replied, but plans changed. Heading down Sept. 11-16 and staying in 2BR with DS42. Then heading down a second time Oct. 30-Nov. 3 with DD, DSIL and two grandchildren. DD, DSIL and children are staying in a 2BR while DW and myself are staying in a Studio.

A question - does anyone know if the resort does anything special for Halloween?

They have trick or treating on Halloween night, we will be there then and my boys are so excited!

We've never been before but the fantastic reviews have me sold! We're booked for Sept, 2-5; will any other Disers be there that weekend?

Is there a thread somewhere that includes information about prices of rental chairs and umbrellas and that sort of this. This thread seems to be mostly a roll-call thread, and we are making our first trip, so I am looking for basic information that repeat visitors may already know.

have you found any information regarding this?? We are leaving next week and still unable to find anything..also anyone know if people participate in a "sharing" beach chair situation? if we purchase chairs at a store how could we leave for other guests to enjoy and know for sure they are being used??

have you found any information regarding this?? We are leaving next week and still unable to find anything..also anyone know if people participate in a "sharing" beach chair situation? if we purchase chairs at a store how could we leave for other guests to enjoy and know for sure they are being used??
I believe I've seen people mention this site for beach chair/umbrella rentals, Shore Beach Rentals - http://www.shorebeach.com/index.php/rentals, and here's the rate sheet - http://www.shorebeach.com/images/2016_onsite_rentalrates.pdf

Also when I was researching bike rentals I found some of the places that rent bikes rent beach gear too. Of course you would need some way to take it back and forth to the beach during your stay, so I don't know how handy it'd be. Here's a link to one of the places I noticed - http://www.shop.hiltonheadbikerental.com/category.sc?categoryId=4

Beach chair rentals are expensive, especially if you are there for a week. We bought lawn chairs from Target when we got there. The Krogers grocery store which is less than a mile away has a lot of beach stuff. We bought sand toys for the grandsons there. They also have boogie boards.

When we got there a family was checking out and gave us a couple of boogie boards. We left them at the beach house by the life jackets. We went the the pool on the day we checked out and gave away the beach chairs and sand toys. We used shore beach rentals (see post above) for Bikes. A lot cheaper than the Disney rate.

If you go to the beach before the beach house is open, bring your own towels. If you go when the beach house is open, they have towels available.

Heading to HH soon but DVC was booked solid, so we booked a different non-Disney hotel. (I know I was very disappointed) my question is that if we take out DVC cards can we do anything at the resort? Pool hop, activities, community hall or the beach house?

No pool hopping, but, you can shop at the store (they have Mickey Premiums!), eat at the Grill and stroll the grounds. The cast members there are very accommodating, specially Mike the Pool Guy.

They don't like you to stay after dark.

I ended up having an earlier beach trip and went ahead and bought some chairs to take down to HH with us, so I gave up looking for rental prices. Wish I could participate in your "chair share" as we have two other adults with us, but we won't be there until September 17. I hope you report back on your stay. Have a great time.

We've never been before but the fantastic reviews have me sold! We're booked for Sept, 2-5; will any other Disers be there that weekend?
That's exactly when my daughters (8 and 5) and I will be there!

I originally booked for last December, but I had to reschedule and I'm so glad we're finally so close. I've never been but I've been looking forward to it for a long time. :)

My daughter 9 and I will be there Sunday and Monday. This is our 3rd labor day - weather is usually very nice.

That's exactly when my daughters (8 and 5) and I will be there!

I originally booked for last December, but I had to reschedule and I'm so glad we're finally so close. I've never been but I've been looking forward to it for a long time. :)

My daughter 9 and I will be there Sunday and Monday. This is our 3rd labor day - weather is usually very nice.
Great! I just hung up with them canceling tonight due to weather -- there looked to be no way to get from NC to HH without (probably impossibly) driving through the worst of the storm; I'm not sure we could have even made it to Columbia regardless of how determined I was given how slowly it's moving. We'll now leave before dawn tomorrow and we look forward to having most of our three days still. :)

Great! I just hung up with them canceling tonight due to weather -- there looked to be no way to get from NC to HH without (probably impossibly) driving through the worst of the storm; I'm not sure we could have even made it to Columbia regardless of how determined I was given how slowly it's moving. We'll now leave before dawn tomorrow and we look forward to having most of our three days still. :)

I'm so sorry you had to cancel your plans. For anyone at DHHIR this weekend, stay safe everyone!

There's going to be a Labor Day BBQ Sunday evening. Anyone know what that involves and is it worth $30?

It is sunny and warm in SC today. We are leaving for Beaufort soon and will be at the resort tomorrow. I also am curious about the barbecue. Safe travels everyone!!

We had a great time on our Labor Day visit - probably the best ever! Lots of fun activities available, old CMs great as always, plus wonderful new CMs - I felt very taken care of and appreciated. Pluto even made a visit! We will definitely be returning next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter