2016 January Check-in Thread

Excited I now have all my days open. Ready to increase planning. Never had a Sunday with the parks opening up an hour later, 9 am.

WDW vet traveling to DLR for my first time! DH and I will be in the parks Jan 10-12. Determined to see EVERYTHING (DH is going to be so exhausted lol). Excited doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling!!!

WDW vet traveling to DLR for my first time! DH and I will be in the parks Jan 10-12. Determined to see EVERYTHING (DH is going to be so exhausted lol). Excited doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling!!!

Oh boy you are going to be there right when a ton of stuff is going down for referb! The 10th is the last day for quite a few things, the train, Mark Twain, canoes, Fantasmic, Haunted mansion, Thunder Ranch BBQ and Aladdin in DCA. It is probably going to be packed that day! Make sure you try to get on those on the 10th. I believe Autopia is going down as well for a refurb.

I can't wait for tomorrow; DD7 is going to be SOOOOOOO surprised when she opens the gift that tells her she's going on an all-girls trip to Disneyland with her mommy and sister!! :santa: Then we can start packing and having her a part of the conversations too. EEEP, SOOOOO EXCITED!! :tongue:

I peeked at the 10 day forecast and the weather looks awesome for our first day at Disneyland; a high of 67 during the day and no rain. Hope that holds and no rain for our other 4 days!!

Welcome! As a even WDW vs DLR there is so much to love about both.

I agree that the 10th will be beyond busy so plan well. Take in atmosphere the other days.

2 more weeks!

I was listening to a playlist I had made on Spotify a while ago, and "A Pirate's Life For Me" came on, and I got chills

I can't wait you guys; getting to go once was an anomaly, getting to go twice, that's a trend

To celebrate, I'm going to do what I'm sure is a time honored tradition in a lot of families, and that is "ride Pirates of the Caribbean at least 10 times"

Thanks tlovesdis and poohbearfriends ! I thought the 10th may be busy, so I'm planning to focus on the attractions that are closing and if we get to see more then it's a happy bonus. :)
Already booked F! Package at RBT. Any tips for how early we should get in line for F!? What about Aladdin? (There is no fastpass, right?)

Merry Christmas!

I am so excited to hear about the Christmas reveals tomorrow! So fun!

I hope you had a merry Christmas too! Yesterday's reveal was perfect. I'd packed a box wrapped with Disney Christmas paper and she had to wait until the it was the last present to open. There was a big stuffed Mickey and she saw that first and loved it. (Exactly the plan). Then a card (taped to a wrapped piece of cardboard) that on the front said how she was about to find out her biggest Christmas surprise, and on the inside let her know that she's was going to Disneyland in 7 days. She was so surprised and so excited! I already made the scrapbook page:
2016_JaimeeReveal_700px_zpsc0l0qx0n.jpg

I'm so glad she doesn't have long to wait. And also that she's in on it and we can talk about it freely and start packing. Only 6 more days now! And no rain in the weather forecast at this point either! So excited, I could burst!

My kids found out yesterday, too! I left one present until the very end - they didn't see it behind the tree. The card said it was a very special present for two very special kids...inside a Cinderella box were two Olaf stuffies, which they loved - I had to point out that he was holding an envelope. They took out the park hoppers, and looked confused, and then guessed maybe Disney on Ice tickets? Finally my daughter asked "Disneyland?" but not really believing it...when I said yes, they both squealed and shouted, and my daughter started to almost sob, she was so happy! The whole rest of the day and today, she keeps saying "I can't believe I'm going to Disneyland!". My son is very happy too, but is currently distracted by all of his new Lego (!), but my daughter is just over the moon excited, just like me...less than two weeks now!

My hubby, myself, son, dil, granddaughter, and dil's parents are visiting Jan 29 thru 31, 2015. Staying at BWPPI. Photopass+ is in hand :-)

It's snowing here today, but we leave for DL on Saturday!!! So excited and scared. I don't really know how to plan for this trip beyond the must do list of Aladdin, IASW holiday, HM, Carsland, and whatever else we feel like. Very excited!
The Christmas reveals are adorable!

Any Recommendations for Dinner in DTD? We arrive at LGB at 4:30 on a Thursday night. Mom and 2 kids 14 and 16. BTW: 14 is Gluten Free.

What fun stories about how kids found out at Christmas! Thanks for sharing the magic!

I am so ready for some warmer weather right now. It is currently 21 degrees outside my house right now with lots of snow. The white Christmas was cool to have but I am really looking forward to some weather above 35 degrees.

On a side not I checked prices for rental cars again today and managed to find a rate of $68.xx for our trip instead of the $141.xx it was currently at. The first rate I booked was just over $160.xx so I am super excited to have saved almost a $100.

So I just received an e-mail from the HIE....stating that they would not be open when we were there and they'd canceled my reservation at no penalty. Cue a mini freak-out, but now we are re-booked at the Best Western Pavilions. Here's crossing my fingers and hope it all goes well.

So I just received an e-mail from the HIE....stating that they would not be open when we were there and they'd canceled my reservation at no penalty. Cue a mini freak-out, but now we are re-booked at the Best Western Pavilions. Here's crossing my fingers and hope it all goes well.

Wow that is a tough one glad you found a place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter