2016 Nov. or Dec

condorthb

Peter, we need to talk about your TPS reports.
I need some thoughts:

We can go either 11/19-23 (arriving late on 11/18) and stay at Comtempory

or

12/17 to 12/23 and stay at POFQ.

What are some pros/cons?

We've gone that week before Thanksgiving twice, both times were a great week to go. Weather was warm but not hot, crowds were decent.

Some of my family also went the week before Thanksgiving & said it was the best; lines weren't too long for most stuff. I'd imagine getting that close to Christmas would be quite crowded.

I would do December so you get to experience all of the holiday stuff. The CP and Holidays Around the World don't begin until Black Friday. Plus you can ensure all of the resort decorations are up. We just went Thanksgiving Week and they were running late so when we had an ADR at WCC a few days before the holiday the decorations were not up at WL and we did not get the chance to go back.

I need some thoughts:

or

What are some pros/cons?

1st Off...The obvious.. Dec. Because it means more nights in WDW....To me this trumps all...
2ndly You'll have such a joyous XMas atmosphere there to boot, I'm sure....True you'll be staying in a mod, as opposed to the Deluxe, but honestly, it's not like staying in your standard red roof inn vs. Marriott Marquis...:confused3 Weather will probably be a lil cooler I'm sure but, I don't think significant enough...

I need some thoughts:

or

What are some pros/cons?
I went the week before thanks giving this year and it was not bad at all all the decoration were up and the party was fun

I also went right before chirstmass and it was crazy busy like you could not move it was not fun at all ( you may have less crowds the first few days but your last few good luck) I would do in november

Definitely the week before Thanksgiving if I was choosing between those two weeks.

Except that Nov week is NOT the week BEFORE Thanksgiving, it is the week OF Thanksgiving. The last day is the day before Thanksgiving. Many schools are now out the whole week, and many families who aren't still take their kids out and go that week. The day OP is starting to tour the parks is the day it will begin to get busy.

The Dec dates for this year are somewhat of an unknown. Christmas is on Sunday. Some schools will have the full two weeks off surrounding that Sunday; some may not get out until sometime during that week.

With that said, I think the crowd levels of the two weeks are probably a wash, so I would look at other factors.

The Christmas activities at EP (Candlelight Processional and Holiday Storytellers) will not start until after Thanksgiving. Some of the resort decorations for Christmas will also not be done until after OP's dates. If those things are important, then the Dec dates make more sense.

Is this a once-in-a-lifetime chance to stay at a Deluxe? Then go in Nov.

What about the rest of your life? What will your time in Orlando do to your family plans for Thanksgiving/Christmas? How will it add to any stress level associated with those?

Is the price for both weeks pretty much the same? Does that even matter?

only price differance would be the level of resort.

we have been before, just not during a holiday period.

I think that it depends on what experience that you want. We have been on Thanksgiving and leading up to Christmas. I really think that crowds are an unknown because of school schedules, vacation schedules and folks who just want to go. I do know that there is a BB that goes from December 9 thru the 23rd I believe, so I think that will impact when folks go in December. I would go when it makes best sense for my family and make my plans accordingly.

From my own experience, and this is mine alone, as pretty as it was Thanksgiving and the week following, I just was not all that Christmassy. We did all the events and shows, and it was cold, so that was not the issue. We just had not moved from the Thanksgiving mindset to the all out Christmas spirit. I now wait until December if I want Holidays in Disney, and have my house and shopping done, so when I get to Disney we are full out Holiday.

We have gone a few times the week before Christmas, and would fly home Christmas day (not a lot of people flying). Always had a good experience but every year the crowds got larger. Nothing like the Magic Kingdom fire works on Christmas Eve. This year we are going to fly there on Thanksgiving day and stay the whole following week. Figure the crowds will be a little smaller and decorations will be up.

If you haven't done Christmas time before I would go that week before Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter