2017-18 Boston Bruins Thread PLAYOFF EDITION: Rd 1 Toronto

Will the Bruins make the playoffs?

• Yes. As a wild card

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please don't get all 19-0 about 1st place. Tampa plays tonight so it could all change by 11pm. We could be up by 3 or back down by 1.

6 games left - 1 with Tampa. Don't print the 19-0 shirts yet.

Whoooo hooooo. There is a gut check, all out, bells to the wall, potential playoff preview tonight. Bruins Vs. Lightning. It is so hyped, so amped, that regular NESN can't contain it. No no no no... This game will be seen on NESN+.

Yeah. NESN+. Home of the background noise is more prominent than the commentators. Or, let's watch the on ice reporter going through her production notes instead of the 3 on 1 fast break. Uggggggghhhhhhh... Frggin' John Henry. But, I guess he has his reasons. After all, the 5th game of the season out of 162, vs. the deconstructed Marlins could have WAY MORE implications than the B's/Bolts game tonight.

Like I said... Ugggggggghhhhhhhh..... 7:30 face-off. Channel 84 for regular broadcast and I believe 894 or 984 for the HD broadcast, on Xfinity.

The loss to Tampa was disappointing but not surprising. Now the B's have 3 games left with tonight's game against a team still hanging on by their fingernails for a playoff spot. A win will pretty much knock Florida out leaving the last 2 games against teams playing out the string as Tampa is now doing (Buf and Car).

I find what happening in the Metro division interesting. 4 teams are within 2 points of each other with 2 games to go. Which means, if the Bruins take the division, they could play NJ, Phil, CBJ or Pittsburg in the first round.
At least it can't be Washington.

Here it is. The day that we've been waiting for since the puck 1st dropped in October. It's playoff time. The second season. Mission: 16W.

Been a long road. Saw a youth movement that forced their way on the team. Despite the nay-sayers throughout the season (right FELGER ). Saw the veterans maintain their form all season long. The front office proved they believed in the team by making moves at the deadline. And put that all together, we saw a team that battled until the last week, of the season, for the best record in the league. And they did all this all while missing key players throughout the season for extended periods of time. Whether it was an injury or a suspension (some warranted, some not, SOME WAYYYYYY TOO EXCESSIVE). Cassidy and his staff were still able to put a team on the ice that could compete with just about everyone they faced. They did this by not being afraid of change. They would mix up the lines, the pairs and the PP/PK units on the fly, and even sat Tuuk for a while in favor of Dobey, to ride his hot hand.

Tonight they face 1 of the few teams that seemed to own them during the season. The Toronto Maple Leafs. The team that allows NBCSN a slight sense of arousal, just for the mere fact that they will be able to REPEATEDLY fawn every time they say "JVR..." (I don't get it). But the Leafs come in as 1 of the fastest teams in the league and the 3rd best offensive team. Which could present a problem or 2 for the Bruins' blue liners.

Face-off is at 7pm tonight. I believe that they will be getting the NESNHD treatment tonight, locally, but I can't be 100% sure. If not, we around Boston have a choice, either listening to all the JVR inspired salivating on NBCSNHD or NESN+. Siiiiiiiigh...

Let's Go Bruins!!!

The game is on NESN tonight. The RedSox are pushed to the +.

I think the B's need to come out hitting to slow the Leafs down. Despite the increase in their own speed I don't think a track meet is in their best interest. Tuukka needs to come up big.

Feel free to join the general playoff thread too..there’s a bit of chatter on this series :)

Game 3 tonight. The Bruins go into Toronto with a 2-0 lead in the series. But Toronto's back is against the wall and will be throwing everything at the Bruins to try to turn this series around. The Leafs will have the crowd behind them and maybe more importantly, they will have last change. Trying their best to find the best match-up for Matthews. And I think there may be a couple more home-friendly calls from the zebras. The NHL hates 1st rd sweeps.

Face-off at 7pm

Let's Go Bruins!

Without Bergy in the line-up, the Bruins stepped up and took control or the series with a 3 games to 1 lead by, ironically, winning 3-1. The B's jumped out to a 1 nothing lead right off the bat. And I didn't even get to see it. Like all good patriotic hockey fans, I stood and respected the singing of the national anthems. What I shouldn't have done before that was finish my second cup of Coke. Needless to say, once the singer got to "...theeeeeee", I was down the hall and in the bathroom. While in there, I hear BDLsgal yell "Oh My God!" I say, please don't tell me the B's just scored. She said yep. As soon as I got out, I say "I'm not staying in there, just for the luck." Her response, "We'll see."

Thankfully, the Bruins did not need my help. It was a tale of 2 games. For the 1st 6-7 min after the Krug goal, the Leafs looked like they were trying out for a dive team. But after that, they started bringing the hitting (and the occasional cheap shot) and the refs let everything go. Add that to the fact that Tuukka was facing a shooting gallery, it's amazing that the bruins weren't down 4-1 by the time they scored their 2nd goal. And that 2nd goal was a beaut. A flawless 2 on 1. And the fact that it was Marshmont that scored it, was the perfect salt in the wound for that Toronto crowd (who I have some animosity towards, but will get to that later). 4 min into the 3rd period, Krejci set up DeBrusk with their rendition of a 2 on 1. And that was how the game ended.

Now, about the crowd. You want to a crowd chant, go ahead. You want to yell out your opinion about a player, by all means. And if you take the time and see if there aren't any little kids in the vicinity, use expletives if you want. BUT... When you heckle and boo a national anthem, that is something I can't abide. Doesn't matter if it's Canadians booing The Star Spangled Banner or Americans booing O' Canada, or any other country's anthem at the Olympics or something, it is a completely weak move. I do not blame all 17000+ fans for the actions of a couple of dozen idiots. But you shouldn't laugh smirk or condone it either. Just my 2 cents.

Game 5 is Saturday at 8pm. I will be at my Elks Lodge, so there will be lots of camaraderie (aka drinking, and talking out of backsides).

Let's Go Bruins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter