• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017-18 NHL Playoffs—all welcome

Bobby Hull looks old.

kimblebee, do you know what product/service the Popeye's ad is for on the boards behind the goal? I couldn't read the smaller print.

Bobby Hull looks old.

kimblebee, do you know what product/service the Popeye's ad is for on the boards behind the goal? I couldn't read the smaller print.

Oof, yeah he does.

I was wondering the same! Looks like a supplements supplier from a Google search...

Bobby Hull is not a great part of the Jets 1.0 legacy.

Let’s just say if he wore a white wife beater tonight, it would be appropriately named..

Pretty quiet tonight from the Vegas fans LOL

Uh what? ETA: The only quiet I noticed was the Jets’ arena after the VGK scored a goal. My Rangers and Yankees cheer their team after an opponent scores to encourage them, but I guess that’s not the case in Winnipeg.

This was a great game. Lots of awesome hustle from both teams. Refs and NBCSN casters super biased, but VGK have lots to work on until Monday. Excited for a high-energy series!!

Last edited:

Uh what?

This was a great game. Lots of awesome hustle from both teams. Refs and NBCSN casters super biased, but VGK have lots to work on until Tuesday. Excited for a high-energy series!!

I meant you guys were being pretty quiet on the thread. That’s all. No need to take it so seriously :)

It will be a good series, but I’m predicting it won’t go past 5 games. No offence, but Vegas has not had to play outstanding yet. Flurry had three goals against coming into this series and he got lit up four times tonight..

I am not being cocky because I know things can change in a second but I’m liking our chances. I’d much rather be 1-0 than 0-1.

Uh what? ETA: The only quiet I noticed was the Jets’ arena after the VGK scored a goal. My Rangers and Yankees cheer their team after an opponent scores to encourage them, but I guess that’s not the case in Winnipeg.

This was a great game. Lots of awesome hustle from both teams. Refs and NBCSN casters super biased, but VGK have lots to work on until Monday. Excited for a high-energy series!!

For decades I've noticed that the crowds in Canadian NHL arenas tend to be relatively quiet for the most part, even when their teams are winning. You'd think the team was losing 5-1 instead of ahead by four goals. Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa....wherever.

For decades I've noticed that the crowds in Canadian NHL arenas tend to be relatively quiet for the most part, even when their teams are winning. You'd think the team was losing 5-1 instead of ahead by four goals. Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa....wherever.

I think you’re right about this. Interesting cultural difference.

I think you’re right about this. Interesting cultural difference.

We’re a lot louder than all the US arenas that are three quarters empty (hi Florida, looking at you)

Part of it is that the noise doesn’t come off properly on tv (our decibel lever hovers around 102 during the games) and secondly, as well as we are doing and as it sure looks like we can guess the outcome, there is still a lot of nervous energy and not wanting to jinx anything.

I truly can not make it make sense in my head that if we get three more wins, we are playing for the Stanley Cup. It’s too good to believe.

Also, last point, we don’t need live music and entertainment during the game to be hyped up. We just need the game.

We’re a lot louder than all the US arenas that are three quarters empty (hi Florida, looking at you)

Part of it is that the noise doesn’t come off properly on tv (our decibel lever hovers around 102 during the games) and secondly, as well as we are doing and as it sure looks like we can guess the outcome, there is still a lot of nervous energy and not wanting to jinx anything.

I truly can not make it make sense in my head that if we get three more wins, we are playing for the Stanley Cup. It’s too good to believe.

Also, last point, we don’t need live music and entertainment during the game to be hyped up. We just need the game.

Well, it's either hockey or curling- lol

Florida who?

Ummmm, it was just a question. Didn’t know if you were generalizing both hockey teams in Florida or specifically referring to the Panthers. /shrugs

Sorry, I was specifically talking about the Panthers. Any time we played them in their arena, there was barely anyone there.

I’m sure there are more arenas like that but that one sticks out in my mind.

t. Flurry had three goals against coming into this series and he got lit up four times tonight..

I am not being cocky because I know things can change in a second but I’m liking our chances. I’d much rather be 1-0 than 0-1.

It's Fleury.
I am a HUGE Pens fan - but like most folks from the Burgh, I am also a HUGE Fleury fan. We own his Pens jersey, an autographed hockey stick signed by all players of the 2016 Stanley Cup Championship, autographed Fleury photo and even an autographed Knights "Flower In The Desert" puck.

Flower and his wife built a park in the Pittsburgh area for kids. They starred in a great TV commercial for UPMC hospital when they had their 2nd daughter.

I am hoping to see the Bolts (another of our former great players, Chris Kunitz players for them) and the Knights compete in the Finals in the pursuit of raising Lord Stanley.

It's Fleury.
I am a HUGE Pens fan - but like most folks from the Burgh, I am also a HUGE Fleury fan. We own his Pens jersey, an autographed hockey stick signed by all players of the 2016 Stanley Cup Championship, autographed Fleury photo and even an autographed Knights "Flower In The Desert" puck.

Flower and his wife built a park in the Pittsburgh area for kids. They starred in a great TV commercial for UPMC hospital when they had their 2nd daughter.

I am hoping to see the Bolts (another of our former great players, Chris Kunitz players for them) and the Knights compete in the Finals in the pursuit of raising Lord Stanley.

LMAO that’s what I get for not checking autocorrect before I hit Post Reply.

That’s great that Flowers (sorry, but that’s a lame hockey nickname) does all that charity work. Lots of players on lots of teams do. It’s the only reason I can stand PK.

I know that a different Vegas team will be playing on Monday than played on Monday, but, I’m still confident we will win game 2. I also think we are going to split in Vegas and head to the Finals after winning game 5.

LMAO that’s what I get for not checking autocorrect before I hit Post Reply.

That’s great that Flowers (sorry, but that’s a lame hockey nickname) does all that charity work. Lots of players on lots of teams do. It’s the only reason I can stand PK.

Fleury is known by the nickname "Flower", derived from the English translation of his last name (fleuri is "in bloom", or "in flower", in French

The Pens players (as are their girlfriends and wives) are awesome in doing charity work. They also regularly visit the kids at the local Children's Hospital.

I never cared for PK, either - but my heart has softened in past year when I learned about his kind and charitable deeds.

Fleury is known by the nickname "Flower", derived from the English translation of his last name (fleuri is "in bloom", or "in flower", in French

The Pens players (as are their girlfriends and wives) are awesome in doing charity work. They also regularly visit the kids at the local Children's Hospital.

I never cared for PK, either - but my heart has softened in past year when I learned about his kind and charitable deeds.

Ok, I get it. You’re very passionate about him. I know fleur is flower..12 years of French in school will do that.

I’m not saying anything against him personally, just that it was great to score on him four times when he hadn’t been scored on that much in the previous two rounds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter