• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Disney should give an option for the park hopping and discount the tickets if you do not want to go into DCA prior to the party. For this family of 5, it is a deal breaker. Everything can look good on paper, but when it's put into action in the real world, it can turn on you really fast. Ticket price is too steep for many. The value isn't there. Are they now handing out full size candy bars and bags of apple slices?

The different days have thrown my plans too - I originally had my hubby taking my kids now with no wed party I'm going and so is my Mum !! I'm am going to drop a day off my hoppers 3 from 4 and I have decided to change hotels too as I'm not going to get the benifit from staying site so I guess the money I save there pays for all our Halloween tickets - so now staying at Park Vue Inn instead of PPH - now just hope I get tickets for Tue 17, I went last year and it was great , also been to MNSSHP with my kids so they are super excited to be able to do MHP !!

I'm am going to drop a day off my hoppers 3 from 4 and I have decided to change hotels too as I'm not going to get the benifit from staying site so I guess the money I save there pays for all our Halloween tickets - so now staying at Park Vue Inn instead of PPH

And maybe it's just us on here, but Disney doesn't seem to be making any gains by putting up the ticket prices, from you they have lost hotel and andays tickets, from me possibly it's the WOC dessert party, and another poster pointed out that it's less food and merchandise.

Wondering with the 3 hours at DCA if costumes will be allowed?

Will be going 9/29!
Thankful with using airline points, group rate for hotel and sharing room with friends, discounted tickets with DD dance group we can afford the party! Hope to do WOC dessert and RBT for Fantasmic. This will be a last visit for a long time to Disneyland, celebrating my late DH birthday and our 20th wedding anniversary splurge trip.

I'm in the US from the 14th to the 22nd, so I can only do the 17th or the 20th of October. Can anyone tell me how quickly these dates are likely to sell out? Making arrangements with people who live in Cali and can live a little more on the fly!

I'm not an AP holder and see that tickets are on sale to AP holders for around a week before general sale
Is there a danger of tickets selling out before they even reach general sale or is that unlikely?

Hey everyone. I am a newbie to this. I was wondering what time exactly do the Halloween party tickets go on sale to the general public? Also, if I should purchase them when I get home from work at about 7ish PM EST would they be already sold out for the day I would like for the party on the 25th of Sept? This is a treat for my husband and I since we are celebrating our belated honeymoon. Thank you all!

Is there a Disney Visa cardholder discount? I see we can buy early ... doesn't that mean Tix will be $95 not $105?
I could barely sleep last night running numbers in my head... if my total party cost is under $600 ($570) does that make it better... I mean I'm really struggling with the value here. Last year i was under $450...

Wish there was some bundle option...if you buy 3+ days of park tix, MHP costs you $85 not $105....

I'm sure they'll still sell out though. Thats the kicker...

Since I will be there this Tuesday and I have an AP, will they sell me the tickets at the regular booth? I have always bought mine online, but since I'll be there I'd rather buy them there and save the shipping fee.

I'm not an AP holder and see that tickets are on sale to AP holders for around a week before general sale
Is there a danger of tickets selling out before they even reach general sale or is that unlikely?

Unless tickets sell much more quickly this year than in the past, there is no danger of any dates selling out before they go on sale to the general public. I know that in past Halloween threads, Sherri E had a list of when tickets sold out for each party historically. I can't remember if that's been posted here somewhere though.

I was so looking forward to taking DGD (4) to the party......but not sure she could make the it the whole time.
And at $105......I think we may be skipping it.
There are 5 of us. Not sure I can justify that expense.

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to do haunted mansion overlay and when they usually close it? Once it's done, do they wait until official Halloween time to open it?

I'm just really surprised that there are no AP discounts on the parties in October. I mean, that's one of the reasons we have an AP. This might price us out for our trip, which is really too bad, because I think the kids would have liked it. Without the AP discount, that puts us at well over $500 Canadian for a couple hours. I would rather spring for some dining packages.

It does strike me as a little shortsighted, because I haven't booked my hotel yet, and now I'm leaning even more heavily towards a non-property hotel.

Unless tickets sell much more quickly this year than in the past, there is no danger of any dates selling out before they go on sale to the general public. I know that in past Halloween threads, Sherri E had a list of when tickets sold out for each party historically. I can't remember if that's been posted here somewhere though.

Thanks for the info!

That's how I feel too......we have APs and no discount.
Later in the month the price even goes up more!!

Since I will be there this Tuesday and I have an AP, will they sell me the tickets at the regular booth? I have always bought mine online, but since I'll be there I'd rather buy them there and save the shipping fee.

The $5 shipping is ridiculous, tickets are expensive enough! Talk about getting nickel and dimed.:mad:

I thought AP holders could log in and buy the e-tickets? I know Disney Visa card required a call in and adds shipping as I paid it last year....begrudgingly.

So, guess what? Sept 14th just opened up for dining packages and they said no WOC for that night in DCA. It literally shows every other night. My theory is #1 A Halloween WOC overlay for the 15th? or just closing early to prep for Halloween or #2 There is a cast event because it seems all restaurants are closing before 5!!!

That was the only day we were in DCA! BOO! With all the ride overlays = closures going up that week, plus the shorter park hours, kinda shoots our vacation a bit :guilty: But it is still better than work!:laundy:

What are your theories?

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
I was so looking forward to taking DGD (4) to the party......but not sure she could make the it the whole time.
And at $105......I think we may be skipping it.
There are 5 of us. Not sure I can justify that expense.
I hear ya!! I'm in a quandary for 6 of us it just seems outrageous...especially with nothing much new compared to last year.

Yeah the pricing really is becoming unreal. I mean you can't get into the parks until 4:00 on a Friday party. 4:00!! That's the whole day almost gone and you're paying hundreds of dollars to bring your family. I promised the kids I'd take them this year so I'm going to spring for it. But I'm taking a break from Disney for a while all next year. They are just getting too pricey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter