• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Did anyone else see the fastpass details about GOTG Monsters After Dark?

• Disney FASTPASS Service for Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! will operate as normal beginning from park opening.
  • Starting daily at 3:00 PM, Disney FASTPASS Service will begin distribution for Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark from the attraction’s distribution machines and via the Disneyland app for Guests who have purchased Disney MaxPass.
  • Please note that FASTPASS availability is limited and not guaranteed. Subject to change without notice.

My obsessive planner heart is thrilled with this info. I was wondering if they were going to even do FP for it because IIRC, TOT after dark did not have a FP? This will also save me from stalking the passes so I didn't miss it.

BTMR refurb from 10/2-10/19. This makes me sad.
I'm glad it's back up before we get there, hopefully it doesn't run over. The kids absolutely love it, and it would be one of the few rides that would legitimately impact our trip were it closed.

• Disney FASTPASS Service for Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! will operate as normal beginning from park opening.
  • Starting daily at 3:00 PM, Disney FASTPASS Service will begin distribution for Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark from the attraction’s distribution machines and via the Disneyland app for Guests who have purchased Disney MaxPass.
  • Please note that FASTPASS availability is limited and not guaranteed. Subject to change without notice.
My obsessive planner heart is thrilled with this info. I was wondering if they were going to even do FP for it because IIRC, TOT after dark did not have a FP? This will also save me from stalking the passes so I didn't miss it.

So does that mean GOTG monsters theme will actually start at 3 everyday? Or JUST the distribution?

So maybe the distribution starts at 3, but the first return time isn't until 7pm or something?

I suppose it's possible that they may start running it earlier in the day, but right now, it looks like it's slated to start at 6:00 pm. On the Disneyland.com webpage for GotG: Monsters After Dark, the operating calendar lists the attraction's hours as starting at 6:00 pm regardless of the day. Conversely, on the DIsneyland.com webpage for GotG: Mission Breakout, it lists the attraction's hours as ending at 5:00 pm. I guess they figure it'll take an hour to clear everyone out of the queue and then switch the attraction over...

I think they did have FP for after dark, but you had to time it right. I like that this is a set time, so I know-get to the park and scan in by 3pm!

In fact, I do remember they definitely had FPs. I had back issues at the time (not that it would stop me from riding, just was painful to stand in that line), so my sister and her boyfriend waited in standby and I met them when they entered the lobby. I sat next to the FP entrance the whole time and the CMs let me go through once I saw my party. Other people though had actual FPs for it.

I suppose it's possible that they may start running it earlier in the day, but right now, it looks like it's slated to start at 6:00 pm. On the Disneyland.com webpage for GotG: Monsters After Dark, the operating calendar lists the attraction's hours as starting at 6:00 pm regardless of the day. Conversely, on the DIsneyland.com webpage for GotG: Mission Breakout, it lists the attraction's hours as ending at 5:00 pm. I guess they figure it'll take an hour to clear everyone out of the queue and then switch the attraction over...

I bet you are right...it looks like 6 pm.

I'm so excited about the GoG. I'm thrilled we can ride both the normal and after dark version! 29 days and counting! Can't wait!

So I was looking into the Happiest Haunts Tour and the website finally seems to be up. I think they have changed the tour back to the same one it used to be as opposed to the one from last year. The tour last year did not seem to get very good reviews. The wording leads me to believe it has changed back. I hope so, I really enjoyed it and would like to do it this year.

Discover the stories and characters of Halloween in this bewitching 2-hour historical walking tour of Disneyland Park.

An Intriguing Journey

Brace yourself for gripping tales about spooks and spirits from regions beyond! Read More

Brace yourself for gripping tales about spooks and spirits from regions beyond! This year, the guided tour is going back to the roots of Halloween, sharing ghost stories around Disneyland Park, searching for treats, encountering tricks—and even visiting a character from the Haunted Mansion!
You’ll learn about pranksters, spirits, characters—and their creators— from The Haunted Mansion and films throughout the years. It’s frightful fun you’ll never forget!

Tour Details
  • Daily tours are available September 15 through October 31, 2017.
  • Tours begin at 4:00 PM
  • Price is $85 plus tax for Guests ages 3 years of age and older—Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members receive a 15% discount.
  • Separate theme park admission is required for all Disneyland Resort Tours and is not included in the tour price.
  • A 15-Guest maximum is permitted per tour. Tours fill up quickly, so early booking is recommended.
  • Please call (714) 781-TOUR (8687) to make reservations. Full payment is due at time of booking and is nonrefundable.
  • All tour Guests will receive a delicious treat, special collectible pin and credential to commemorate the tour.
Can you tell what I have been doing today instead of working? :scared::rolleyes:

It almost seems like they are making it more complicated than they had to, really. I figured they would just change up the ride at a certain hour every night and not change it out in the app or anything. But this will definitely help people who really want to make sure they see the new version.

It almost seems like they are making it more complicated than they had to, really. I figured they would just change up the ride at a certain hour every night and not change it out in the app or anything. But this will definitely help people who really want to make sure they see the new version.

Yeah, and I bet there would be a serious crowd control problem with a bunch of people waiting to get on the ride right when in switched over, but obviously not in the designated line. Just hanging out all over in front of the ride. It will probably still happen a bit, but at least people will know the exact time and a number of people will have fastpasses for it to alleviate the rush.

Yeah, and I bet there would be a serious crowd control problem with a bunch of people waiting to get on the ride right when in switched over, but obviously not in the designated line. Just hanging out all over in front of the ride. It will probably still happen a bit, but at least people will know the exact time and a number of people will have fastpasses for it to alleviate the rush.
They may start having a separate queue set up for people that are going to do the Halloween part and cut off the regular line at a certain point-once those people are done they switch over to Halloween. Maybe in the Frozen queue area?

Just thinking about Flight of Passage when it first opened with the extra magic hours. They would cut off the standby line before the park closed. Any EMH guests waited in a different line and were let in at a specific time.

I will be attending MHP solo. What is the best way to get from DL to a good neighbor hotel after the party? I plan on staying until the very end, and am apprehensive about walking it alone.

I will be attending MHP solo. What is the best way to get from DL to a good neighbor hotel after the party? I plan on staying until the very end, and am apprehensive about walking it alone.
How far is your hotel? If not too far, you will be walking with many other park guests. If farther away (somewhat past Katella for example), you could get an Uber or Lyft. My kids and I walked about 4 late nights to the Alpine Inn and I felt ok doing that. The Seven Eleven (or some other store like that) on the corner of Harbor and Katella had a few somewhat sketchy people hanging out but there were plenty of tourista walking about in the area that it didn't bother me. If you are on Harbor and across the street or at the Candy Cane then you shouldn't worry about walking because you will be with other DL visitors. Also check out the ART for a stop near your hotel.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter