2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

I'm not sure if the wreath is a NmBC one, but probably is. It is the green one with teeth. Bummer they probably won't be available on the app hopefully they'll still be in DL by the time I get there.

Not sure if this has been posted here yet about AP merchandise/perks https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/passholders-halloween-party/

I don't see mention of an AP exclusive treat trail this year. Does this mean there likely won't be one?

I wonder if it's a new Zero magic shot or the one they've offered in the past. We got it back in 2015 near the Mickey pumpkin in Town Square.
ZeroMagicShot_zpsnvqttsq3.jpeg
Thats a really cute shot, hope the one this year wil be the same or just as cool. Do they have the special photopass thing for AP holders during all of the party or might they close it earlier than midnight for Friday parties?

I don't see mention of an AP exclusive treat trail this year. Does this mean there likely won't be one?
No clue! I've never been to a Disney Halloween Party and never paid attention before so don't have any insight to whether they roll out anouncements peice meal about this sort of thing, but I hope they'll have an exclusive treat trail this year! Someone on a facebook page was wondering about if there would be an AP gift or not this year since that wasn't addressed in the post either.

At this point, I wouldn't read much into the omission. I remember a few years ago (or maybe it was last year) they didn't announce the AP treat trail until after the first party started. Keep an eye on the AP twitter feed; that's where the announcement usually first shows up. They didn't have any special candy or offering at last year's trail (just the regular candy).

I will have to find the link. I did see a post on a Facebook group about a special pp spot for ap and merchandise.

Any more info on the HH tour?

I have never done this tour and, from what I read, do not want to if it is like 2016 but I do want to if it is like previous years

Agreed! I am fairly confident in the wording it is but I could be wrong. My trip isn't until the 10th of October so my booking day is 9/16. I am hoping since they start 9/15 I can either find a review online or a post on the Disney blog between now and then. I will let you know if I hear anything.

What happy/fun photos!!! I hope my kids will want to do some Halloween character meet and greats. About how long did you stay in Toon town once things got rolling?
I was there from 5-6 (6 o'clock party). Once the main party is rolling it is time to be off! There is too much to do to in the rest of the park.

The reason why I brought up the fact that I have an AP is that I wouldn't have to buy a regular ticket to get in earlier than those that just have party tickets. Though there doesn't seem to be much advantage in getting in before 4 (I am going to a Friday party) if Toontown will be closed anyway to everyone. I don't think I'll want to wait more than 2 hours to get into the pre-party if there is one, just to beat the other party goers. I have never been to a special Disney party so know next to nothing about this party though maybe the only advantage day guests might have is that they wouldn't have to wait in line at the turnstiles to get in around 3 or 4 if they are already in DL.

The advantage to getting in early with a day ticket or AP lies in a few things.
1. Jack and Sally. They are out all day. If you come in before 4 in your costume no one bats an eye even though its supposed to be just from 4 pm or later. this is a great chance to get a Jack and Sally pic in costume if what you really are after is character pic in your costume.
2. Turnstyle/security back ups at 4:00. Its no joke folks.
3. Avoiding the smash collision that happens when party guest enter Main Street only to find its already occupied-with people who do not want to move. I always go to a mid week party so this is at its worst then because Main Street is already packed at that time from Soundsational but even on Fridays its an issue because some people are inevitably trying to leave and make or make the hop over to CA for the evening while another group is trying to enter. The two opposing forces collide. ugh.
4. You are in no hurry. You can relax and people watch as folks arrive in their costumes. Then meander over to the preparty line (if the party is a-go again this year) at around 45-60 minutes before the preparty starts.

The disadvantage to entering early is-if you have little ones they may be pooped long before the party ends. My niece couldnt nap that day because of the excitement even though she is a big napper even at 6 1/2. She was wayyyyyyy pooped early and fell asleep just before the fireworks and took a good power nap from 8:50 ish to 9:30. Thank goodness for the stroller otherwise our night could have been over before the best part-The last hour. The last hour was the best because the treat CM's are practically throwing handfuls at you with little to no lines and the ride line were so short that my boys didn't even have to get off of Matterhorn between their last 4 straight rides :eek:.

I was looking at accuweather and says it might rain on the 29th! Will they still have the parade and fireworks and trick or treat stations?
The forecast is too far out to know for sure. It might rain a tiny bit (if any at all) It would have to be pretty bad for them to stop any of the events.

Hey, where I live it regularly snows on Halloween and we are all out trick or treating still :woohoo:

If it rains or even showers, would the headless horseman ride? Seems like the ground would be a little slick.

I was looking at accuweather and says it might rain on the 29th! Will they still have the parade and fireworks and trick or treat stations?

We attended a party that had off and on downpours. The trails were moved indoors, if possible, or at least under some sort of cover. There was a break in the weather that allowed the later parade and, thankfully, the fireworks. :) The first parade was cancelled because the conditions were too wet and dangerous for the dancers. Some of the M&Gs were moved inside and others were cancelled because the costumes cannot get wet.

Agreed! I am fairly confident in the wording it is but I could be wrong. My trip isn't until the 10th of October so my booking day is 9/16. I am hoping since they start 9/15 I can either find a review online or a post on the Disney blog between now and then. I will let you know if I hear anything.
We are planning to be there Oct 11-12. What is the window for booking tours? I guess I would have thought it longer than what you are suggesting like 30 days at least. But I do not know.

:wizard:

We are planning to be there Oct 11-12. What is the window for booking tours? I guess I would have thought it longer than what you are suggesting like 30 days at least. But I do not know.

:wizard:
When I called the CM said 30 days for tours. Looks like Monday or Tuesday will be your call days.

Geemo

The forecast is too far out to know for sure. It might rain a tiny bit (if any at all) It would have to be pretty bad for them to stop any of the events.

Hey, where I live it regularly snows on Halloween and we are all out trick or treating still :woohoo:
Hahaha, as a native Californian the idea of trick or treating in the snow is disturbing on so many levels! A little rain, a little wind, sure, temps in the 60s are preferable, although at 60s people do start busting out their ugs and by the 50s we're onto winter jackets ;)

Hahaha, as a native Californian the idea of trick or treating in the snow is disturbing on so many levels! A little rain, a little wind, sure, temps in the 60s are preferable, although at 60s people do start busting out their ugs and by the 50s we're onto winter jackets ;)

Yes, I am starting to realize this when the thought of rain sends SOCAL into a slight panic. Haha! I love it.

If it rains or even showers, would the headless horseman ride? Seems like the ground would be a little slick.

You should see the conditions I have rode horses in....On slick rock trails at 45 degree inclines, through the middle of rivers, etc....
A flat asphalt road really shouldn't be anything even with a downpour and a well trained horse/rider. If your horse has some good shoes on (and maybe some grips)

I'm assuming Disney is prepared with the best of everything!

A spooked horse with a bad rider or with bad shoes on a slippery road could ram a crowd and hurt a lot of people even without rain. Seen it in a few parades before.

I don't know if the Headless Horseman rides in the rain, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does not. At MK's MNSSHP, the Headless Horseman won't ride if the course is wet, so I could imagine the same is true for DL.

I know I have my Uggs and jacket out at 50. It sounds silly but its a 60 degree difference from this years summer highs here in Nor Cal. 50 isnt cold, but it is going to feel freezing after the summer we have had. 32 days over 100 here this summer :scared:

The DLR party has virtually a 0 chance of hurricanes or intense storms unlike the WDW party but you could get a heat wave with the way the temps have been.

I know I have my Uggs and jacket out at 50. It sounds silly but its a 60 degree difference from this years summer highs here in Nor Cal. 50 isnt cold, but it is going to feel freezing after the summer we have had. 32 days over 100 here this summer :scared:

The DLR party has virtually a 0 chance of hurricanes or intense storms unlike the WDW party but you could get a heat wave with the way the temps have been.
So true! (I'm in the Central Valley- ugh!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter