• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

ok this might sound crazy but I am looking for someone to purchase the poison apple mug for me and send it to me. I will happily paypal you the cost for mug and shipping I just want my stinking apple cup after a few years of trying and they dont have it at WDW this year-the one year ever that I do the WDW party instead. If anyone is willing PM me please! I'm begging....really it's pathetic....just get me the mug and help me stop debasing myself....

I will be at the Halloween Party next week and can get you one then if you don't find anyone before hand.

I hope everyone going tonight has a BLAST!! Can't wait to read reviews!! SO EXCITED! :jumping1:

Yes! Hear, hear! I can't wait! Our tickets came yesterday, and I immediately forgot how to be a grown up. I don't know how I'm going to focus on anything for the next two weeks. I need trip reports and party reviews and pictures of treats to get me through to October!

Yes! Hear, hear! I can't wait! Our tickets came yesterday, and I immediately forgot how to be a grown up. I don't know how I'm going to focus on anything for the next two weeks. I need trip reports and party reviews and pictures of treats to get me through to October!
Well, I'll be solo for the first couple days of my trip next week (first time solo) so I'll have time to post some pics at meal time! Give me something fun to do!

Last edited:

Going to our first Halloween party next week. My youngest daughter (8)is using a dress that she has from dance that she says looks like the ocean and is pinning a stuffed Nemo to it. My older daughter (10) is going as a Genie. Not sure what my wife is doing and I have no ideas for myself.

I apologize if this has been asked. If we have the MaxPass, can we use the Photopass perk during the Halloween party?

I really wish they would bring back the end of the night villain's farewell! That was my top FAVORITE part of the night!

The Halloween party this year includes photo pass so, if your going to the party your all good.

I feel like they finally went about raising the price the right way-they added value along with the price increase in the form of photopass and the park hopper option on the tickets.

Last year the prices went up but they only added...wait...they added...hold on, they added...oh yeah-NOTHING, instead they took away free parking. They also took value away from the other nights but not offering decent fireworks or a night parade outside of party nights-but taking value away from the regular tickets doesn't = adding value to the party tickets. OK we got a new and improved parade but that isnt adding value so much as it is keeping up with the times and making timely improvements to an already existing part of the party. They finally figured that out. This year they also sold out almost all nights quickly so I'm guessing I'm not the only one that considered he added value worth the price of the tickets. LEARN FROM THIS PARKS PEOPLE.

Yeah rant over. Sorry.

I feel like they finally went about raising the price the right way-they added value along with the price increase in the form of photopass and the park hopper option on the tickets.

Last year the prices went up but they only added...wait...they added...hold on, they added...oh yeah-NOTHING, instead they took away free parking. They also took value away from the other nights but not offering decent fireworks or a night parade outside of party nights-but taking value away from the regular tickets doesn't = adding value to the party tickets. OK we got a new and improved parade but that isnt adding value so much as it is keeping up with the times and making timely improvements to an already existing part of the party. They finally figured that out. This year they also sold out almost all nights quickly so I'm guessing I'm not the only one that considered he added value worth the price of the tickets. LEARN FROM THIS PARKS PEOPLE.

Yeah rant over. Sorry.
I agree there is more value. I'm just hoping that they will have more photo pass photographers out during the party with meet & greets etc. Recently when I have gone while having a AP that has free photo pass I have experienced less photo pass photographers especially with the meet & greets so for me even though they have offered this service for free as a perk to the AP I'm not getting any value with it. I get more photos with my own camera. So to me this so called perk has been disappointing.

End of my rant...lol. Will this deter me from coming? Absolutely not. I love Disney!

Can anyone share any tips for meeting Jack Skellington, either on a party night or a regular park day? He's never been a priority of ours before, but my son told me he would really like to meet him this trip. What kind of wait time can we expect? Is there a better time to line up? Thanks for any input.

HMH has gone down from an insane 100 minutes to a more reasonable 45 min for at least an hour now. FP going somewhat fast- 7:20 PM right now. GG is up to 60 minutes and the FP return time is 8:50 PM.

Luigi's broke down and Mater is still at 20.

WDWNT posted videos of the Carsland Haul-O-Ween rides if you're curious. Really quick and dirty overlays: http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/09/video-take-ride-cars-lands-two-haul-o-ween-attractions/

HMH was at 200 minutes at one point today!

Yeah rant over. Sorry.
I dont know if they have really, sure if I was only coming for the party it would be but there are loads of people who already have photopass via Maxpass, aps or purchase for the whole trip...

Can anyone share any tips for meeting Jack Skellington, either on a party night or a regular park day? He's never been a priority of ours before, but my son told me he would really like to meet him this trip. What kind of wait time can we expect? Is there a better time to line up? Thanks for any input.
Jack and Sally are meeting next to the pieces of eight store. We waited for about 45 minutes this morning around 10:15, I know he was doing a second set.

We also managed to met the Shadowman!!! He has been on my list for years.

Carsland looks amazing. The headless horseman on Buena Vista looks so cool esp after dark.

GHost Galaxy doesn't seem as "frightening" (I never found it scary but it seemed to have less impact to it this year)

Looking forward to some updates about character meetsduri v the 1st party.

We watched the app for the times they would be meeting and chose to do it on a regular park day. We opted for the very first one of the day, and got in line about 30 minutes before. They closed the line to guests before the characters even appeared. We were about 5th in line and it took a while to get to us. It was worth the wait. We got a solid few minutes with the both of them. Jack was very into discussing my sons Halloween costume (thor and his hammer referenced in the picture) and making all sorts of punny halloween remarks. DS laughed so much. It was nice to be tucked away where we felt like we had our own private experience. Overall, I think it ate up about an hour of precious morning park time. I'm glad we did it, even though it meant we only rode HMH once on that trip. (Thats what the rest of our group did while we met J&S)

upload_2017-9-17_7-7-18.png

I dont know if they have really, sure if I was only coming for the party it would be but there are loads of people who already have photopass via Maxpass, aps or purchase for the whole trip...

If I were doing the full family trip I would also have the PhotPass+ already so it wouldnt be much of a perk, but If I was just doing a short Halloween trip it actually might make me not buy photopass for my other days and just get a lot of photos at the party. I usually have a cheaper AP that doesnt include Photopass (or MaxPass) so in that case it would be a perk for me. It is probably a bigger perk to locals with a lower level pass since they wouldnt be doing the week long photopass+. They lost out big when parking wasnt included. I, on the other hand, lost nothing since I stay across the street and never use the parking anyway. I felt it when the cut the pumpkin carvers and other extras. I was hoping with the rivers of America back open and less construction stuff these things might come back but...alas. At least they added something instead of just taking things away.

We watched the app for the times they would be meeting and chose to do it on a regular park day. We opted for the very first one of the day, and got in line about 30 minutes before. They closed the line to guests before the characters even appeared. We were about 5th in line and it took a while to get to us. It was worth the wait. We got a solid few minutes with the both of them. Jack was very into discussing my sons Halloween costume (thor and his hammer referenced in the picture) and making all sorts of punny halloween remarks. DS laughed so much. It was nice to be tucked away where we felt like we had our own private experience. Overall, I think it ate up about an hour of precious morning park time. I'm glad we did it, even though it meant we only rode HMH once on that trip. (Thats what the rest of our group did while we met J&S)

View attachment 270174

Cute picture! I did something similar-not the first meet of the day but we did a picture in the morning on a regular day to save our party time and it was the best choice-even if I was Sally last year. I just cant see spending the time it takes during the party for a picture you can get all day. It's going to be a bit of a wait but it doesnt need to be an hour of prime party time.

It looks like all Halloween Party dates have sold out! Does anyone have any insight/experience on tickets being made available in the future? Last minute type availability? We really, really want to go but our schedule is crazy and I'm just not sure when/if we'll be able to.

It looks like all Halloween Party dates have sold out! Does anyone have any insight/experience on tickets being made available in the future? Last minute type availability? We really, really want to go but our schedule is crazy and I'm just not sure when/if we'll be able to.

You might be able to still get them via the phone number depending on the date. The web site sells out before the tickets over the phone. Once that supply has been exhausted I have heard that people have been able to get them through the concierge service if they are staying on property.

You might be able to still get them via the phone number depending on the date. The web site sells out before the tickets over the phone. Once that supply has been exhausted I have heard that people have been able to get them through the concierge service if they are staying on property.
I've also heard of people getting them last minute in certain circumstances by asking nicely (e.g., everyone in their group has a ticket except for one), but those are instances of pixie dust that you shouldn't count on. I don't think concierge can guarantee tickets either. So I say try to buy them on the phone asap and if that doesn't work, you can try asking when you get there but have a backup plan for the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter