2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Any snack item over $6 is a decent use of your snack credit. Any snack item over $8 is a great use of that credit.
Last year, there were only three items priced at $6.75 or higher. I don't think any snack-eligible item was over $8

BFD - I've done the Mediterranean pairing at Spice Road the past 2 years: Excellent!

The Mexico Tequila Lunch twice also: Excellent!

I have mixed feelings about the Italian pairing at Tutto Gusto. We did it the first year it was offered and it was not good to the point where I contacted Disney with our concerns/feedback. I had a very nice discussion with someone from the executive offices. They apparently listened as the next year were glowing!

Oooh, this is very helpful, thanks! Definitely leaning toward Mediterranean now. I would love to do the Mexican one, but I'm more of a wine person than tequila. But then again, maybe I should branch out...? GAH too many choices.

The Disney Food Blog is reporting that early booking for the special events will begin on July 18 for Tables in Wonderland members, annual passholders, and residents of Golden Oak. Still no official word on DVC members or Chase Disney Visa Cardholders.

According to the DVC phone CM I just talked too, DVC will be able to book on the 18th. I'm still looking for the official word though cause we all know phone CMs are not always correct. LOL

Question for anyone that went last year and might know. When we went in 2015 PFTS could not be booked early(AP,TIW, DVC) like some of the other events - we had to wait until the opening day for everyone. Does anyone know if you could book PFTS early last year?
We booked early last year. I can't remember if it was DVC, AP, or Disney Visa.

Thanks.....I'll keep a look out for it. Has anyone done the dinner at the contemporary catering chef's table? Any insight or pictures?

Yes, thank you. This is all good to know. I want to book a few of the demonstrations and seminars, but the first priority is Trader Sam's, and maybe a food and wine pairing.

I can't find much information on recent Italian Food & Wine Pairings, has anyone done that lately? I'm trying to decide between that, the Mediterranean F&W Pairing, or the Mexican Tequila lunch. Anyone have any insight?
I was looking for recent info on the Italian one as well and last year's thread has some reviews. There's a link to last year's thread on the first page of this one, then search for Italian lunch or something along those lines, I don't remember exactly what I searched for. A couple reviews and even photos.

I was wondering about that too. We just told DDIL about it, got her all excited about it and now can't find it. I was afraid that maybe I'd imagined it-thanks for verifying that it DID get mentioned.

I read the menus yesterday morning and later on I was slicing an avocado for lunch, saw the "avocado from mexico" sticker and I had to go back and check. Was really interested to see how they turned avocados into a whole booth!

I put Flavor from Fire in my "maybe" list. I can't get past the "but pigs don't HAVE wings" hurdle with the Piggy Wings.

If you Google "piggy wings," you will find that they are cut from the shank. The meat is lean and tender. The Korean sauce they use is delicious.

We booked early last year. I can't remember if it was DVC, AP, or Disney Visa.

The last few years only Chase Visa gave you early booking for the premium events. The beverage and culinary demos only had early booking for DVC, AP, TIW, and Golden Oaks. This is the only reason I keep a Disney Visa card to get this early booking as it is not that great of a rewards card. We are AP, DVC, and TIW and never got early premium bookings with these.

Laura

I was looking for recent info on the Italian one as well and last year's thread has some reviews. There's a link to last year's thread on the first page of this one, then search for Italian lunch or something along those lines, I don't remember exactly what I searched for. A couple reviews and even photos.

Ugh, thanks for nothing. I had just about eliminated the Italian one from my short list, and now that I found that, I'm back to square one. ;)

(Really though, thank you for that info, now I know where to find that stuff.)

This will be my first time at Food & Wine and I am so excited!! Two questions, though...

First of all, I don't have any of the things that allow you to book events early...are there events that tend to fill up with the early bookings?

Second....I have been saving like crazy for this trip and thinking about splurging on the VIP tour, but I don't see that listed as available for this year. Did I just miss it somewhere or is it not being offered?

Thanks for all of the wonderful tips!

The last few years only Chase Visa gave you early booking for the premium events. The beverage and culinary demos only had early booking for DVC, AP, TIW, and Golden Oaks. This is the only reason I keep a Disney Visa card to get this early booking as it is not that great of a rewards card. We are AP, DVC, and TIW and never got early premium bookings with these.

Laura
Oh gosh I'm confused now :blush: I did F&W a 2 years ago. I'm only a Disney Visa holder. I thought I remembered calling on the early booking day and getting my duck seminar (not amazing to some people but where I live in Podunk, CA it's REALLY hard to get hold of duck so I super wanted it). So what you're saying is last year some things only give you early booking to seminars, Visa only gives you early bookings on premium events, except maybe not PFTS as someone mentioned above? Gah! I think I'm desperately in need of an official announcement here...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter