2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Have never been to F&W (not a foodie or a wine drinker), but it sounds intriguing and due to the early start we will be there for the first couple of days. Following to learn more...

Have never been to F&W (not a foodie or a wine drinker), but it sounds intriguing and due to the early start we will be there for the first couple of days. Following to learn more...

Be sure to check out the Eat to the Beat concerts, 3 shows every night, acts change every 3 or 4 days, mostly headliner performers from the 70s through the 90s. You don't have to be a Foodie to enjoy the food kiosks, you're likely to find something you never knew existed.

Bill From PA

Be sure to check out the Eat to the Beat concerts, 3 shows every night, acts change every 3 or 4 days, mostly headliner performers from the 70s through the 90s. You don't have to be a Foodie to enjoy the food kiosks, you're likely to find something you never knew existed.

Bill From PA

The concerts sound great, I will keep a close eye out for those. I'm sure I can find a dessert or two I'd appreciate...lol!

Bill From PA

The concerts do not require tickets correct?

Hi all,
We went to one of the very first Food and Wine fests (I was still a teen) haven't been since.
What will the first day (Thurs 31st) be like crowd wise? I would imagine that weekend will be packed bc LDW.
IS there a preview day (heard rumors they usually do this day before?) and if so what are the hours usually?
Thanks!
Yes, the first weekend (really any weekend) will be more crowded. They usually do a preview day which is the day before the festival is scheduled to start. Not sure if the preview day would start at 11:00 am or not.

The concerts do not require tickets correct?

Nope. No tickets

No tickets are required. There usually is a Chase Visa lounge in the American Adventure during the festival. If you have a Disney Visa, usually you can get reserved seating on the day of the concert. Also, there is a dining package which includes a meal at a World Showcase restaurant and preferred seating at the concert.

No tickets are required. There usually is a Chase Visa lounge in the American Adventure during the festival. If you have a Disney Visa, usually you can get reserved seating on the day of the concert. Also, there is a dining package which includes a meal at a World Showcase restaurant and preferred seating at the concert.

Awesome advice! I have Disney Visa...yay!

Sometimes at the Chase Visa Lounge they give out tickets to get a better seating area for the concerts but the tickets are limited, so if you are interested in this look for someone asap when you get to the lounge (you have to have each person in your party with you to be able to get each person a ticket-one ticket per person). This past year the Lounge was super popular and so many people wanted into it that until someone came out they wouldn't let anyone go in. The lounge used to be relaxing and not crowded when most people did not know about it, but now it is packed and there is a line for the free soda.

Is the chas
Sometimes at the Chase Visa Lounge they give out tickets to get a better seating area for the concerts but the tickets are limited, so if you are interested in this look for someone asap when you get to the lounge (you have to have each person in your party with you to be able to get each person a ticket-one ticket per person). This past year the Lounge was super popular and so many people wanted into it that until someone came out they wouldn't let anyone go in. The lounge used to be relaxing and not crowded when most people did not know about it, but now it is packed and there is a line for the free soda.

Is the visa lounge only around during F&W?

My wife and I typically go to Disney the Friday prior to Labor Day and spend 9 days. We were surprised that the F&W festival was starting so early. I understand the weekends will be crowded , but how are week days at Epcot during the festival? Are there problems booking ADRs for that at the Epcot restaurants? Is Disney transportation still fairley reliable as far as timing and frequency?

My wife and I typically go to Disney the Friday prior to Labor Day and spend 9 days. We were surprised that the F&W festival was starting so early. I understand the weekends will be crowded , but how are week days at Epcot during the festival? Are there problems booking ADRs for that at the Epcot restaurants? Is Disney transportation still fairley reliable as far as timing and frequency?

Typically weekdays are much calmer than weekends. There is a dining package offered for the Eat to the Beat concerts so there maybe limited avalibility at some Epcot restaurants.

Are there problems booking ADRs for that at the Epcot restaurants? Is Disney transportation still fairley reliable as far as timing and frequency?

We have not had an issue over the years with EPCOT restaurants during F&W. You need to book at 180 days for the more popular restaurants (we do Friday, Saturday and Sunday dinner ADRs), but the crowds are usually there for F&W and don't crowd out the restaurants. We have always been able to book what we want with advance planning.

Disney transportation is Disney transportation. It is no better or worse during F&W than the rest of the year--get to the transportation of choice early and you will arrive when you hope to arrive.

The concerts sound great, I will keep a close eye out for those. I'm sure I can find a dessert or two I'd appreciate...lol!
Are the eat to the beat concerts on every night? I thought they were weekends only. My sister and I are arriving on a Saturday and leaving the following Friday morning. It would be great if we could catch one of the concerts.

The concerts are every night, with some bands playing 2 nights. Each time we go for 9 days and get to see between 2-3 different bands.

I've picked the same week to go (haven't in decades), based on all the research I did and how everybody talked about low crowd volume. I'll admit I'm worried about how F&W will affect things.

POSSIBLE Eat to the Beat act 2017. Jeffery Osborne's site has him performing in Orlando Oct 14 - 15. Saw him last year, very good show. Google jeffrey osborne tour 2017, scroll to the right.

Bill From PA
ps Looks Definite:
Jeffrey Osborne @ Disneyworld ‑ Epcot in Orlando, FL
Sunday, October 15, 2017, 7:00 PM

Last edited:
I've picked the same week to go (haven't in decades), based on all the research I did and how everybody talked about low crowd volume. I'll admit I'm worried about how F&W will affect things.

My daughter and I picked it because it works best for our schedules and were happy to read that it's a slow time. Now, I'm getting a little worried. But we'll have lots of fun anyway!

Are the eat to the beat concerts on every night? I thought they were weekends only. My sister and I are arriving on a Saturday and leaving the following Friday morning. It would be great if we could catch one of the concerts.

Yes, every night. Performances for 2016 were at 5:30, 6:45 and 8:00 p.m.

You may be thinking of the Garden Rocks concerts at the Flower & Garden Festival. Those concerts are generally take place Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter