• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

I was always scared to go during F&W for fear of the crowds, last year we scheduled our trip then F&W dates were extended to include it, and now I'm hooked. We went 3 days during our last trip and ate around the world each time and it was amazing. When planning our trip this year we made sure that F&W was going on so that we can do the same again.

We split F&W over three days and still didn't hit all the booths... this year, we plan on doing the same and trying the ones we didn't hit last time, plus our favorites, and how ever many more we can complete. We also want to try the new margarita stand, assuming it's open in November!

We split F&W over three days and still didn't hit all the booths
That's usually our experience too.

Tip for those going more than one day. Start clockwise one day and counter clockwise the next. We often find that by the time we get half way around we are "full" and skip several booths that we might otherwise stop at.

That's usually our experience too.

Tip for those going more than one day. Start clockwise one day and counter clockwise the next. We often find that by the time we get half way around we are "full" and skip several booths that we might otherwise stop at.

Good advice! And some days I enter at the International Gateway entrance and start there. Or take the Friendship across the lagoon and start on the far side.

I'll also add that the Festival Center opens a 9am, so people can stop there first for shopping, chocolate (Ghirardelli Chocolate), and food and drink (Intermission Cafe) before heading to World Showcase at 11am for the booths.

We're going for the first time this year and spending two full days and one evening in Epcot. I figure we should hit most of the booths we're interested in. Some we just don't care about (there's going to be an India booth this year, and none of us like Indian food) while others are not a good use of our time and money (i.e., based off last year's menu, I'll give Italy a miss - I'm sure it's good, but I can make stuff just like it at home).

I have gone to F&W for the last two years so this year I plan to try the new items and ones I really enjoyed previously. It also helps that I am going with others so we can share items. I have a spreadsheet that I update with the items and prices so I can try to get a sense of what I will have and spend in advance.

I agree that some items just aren't worth the money, such as many of the wines. It is better to get a full size glass of wine at the shops in the countries rather than the small pours (for usually the same price) at the booths.

I'm really hoping we start getting some more details in the next week or two. I'm unable to plan anything until my FP time arrives, and it's messing with my list-making/planning fixation.

I too am an obsessed planner. Now that my Flower and Garden/Pandora trip is over I am into planning mode for my F&W trip. What I have done is use the historical data regarding the special events and penciled them in on the dates of the week where they have been in the past. I know that it can change but it at least gives me a start on planning and then I tweak when the actual dates come out. I have attached the info if you are interested.

Attachments

• Food & Wine Special Events.pdf
    21.8 KB · Views: 56
Thanks! I'm not stressing about the special events as my time window is so short. Depending on what coincides with my days, I may or may not worry about special events. I'll save those for a few years down the road when we can do an empty nest trip and spend more time there without worrying about DS's school.

I actually like the idea of smaller pours. I'm a real lightweight when it comes to alcohol, so smaller pours should keep me happy without incapacitating me.

This year my wife and I are going for our 25th anniversary. DW is a culinary student and a bit of a gourmand so she is very excited, I on the other hand am clueless. So to the questions:

Also as stated I am clueless about this stuff, not a good feeling for someone that considers themselves a Disney veteran and is usually the family Disney "go to guy". So if I was looking for something special to surprise my wife with what would be some suggestions for my best bets.

Thank you!

Congrats to you and your wife! I have been to several of the F&W events, love to cook (and eat) and would be happy to offer some input. It really depends on what foods you like, when you are going and what price range you are considering. The events can run from seminars at $15 to ones over $300 pp. Earlier I posted a listing I have compiled of the historical days/prices of the F&W special events.

Last year we splurged on a new Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining event at the Boathouse in Disney Springs and it was fabulous! It included an extensive raw bar with champagne and caviar on the BH dock with passed hors d'oeuvres and then a five course wine pairing meal. Both years we have really enjoyed the Italian Regional Lunch at Tutto Gusto which is a great small venue with incredible food and wine. We have also enjoyed the Rockin Burger Block Party and the Parisian Breakfast. I am hoping that the Party For the Senses takes place when I am there this year because I have seen great reviews of it.

I would recommend keeping an eye on the boards and blogs to see when the events are announced and look for reviews of the ones you are considering. That way you can get an idea what to expect and what type of food is offered.

I too am an obsessed planner. Now that my Flower and Garden/Pandora trip is over I am into planning mode for my F&W trip. What I have done is use the historical data regarding the special events and penciled them in on the dates of the week where they have been in the past. I know that it can change but it at least gives me a start on planning and then I tweak when the actual dates come out. I have attached the info if you are interested.
Thank you for compiling this. I printed it out, highlighting what I'll be on the look out for. Thing for me is, we get there the day it opens and traditionally, there are few opportunities to partake in the special dining events so early in the festival.

Thank you for compiling this. I printed it out, highlighting what I'll be on the look out for. Thing for me is, we get there the day it opens and traditionally, there are few opportunities to partake in the special dining events so early in the festival.
Good luck on events. I ran into that last year but my annual pass was expiring so I needed to go while it was still active. I tried so hard to get into the Behind the Scenes at Trader Sam's event last year on the one day while I was there. And, I was disappointed that the Parisian breakfast wasn't offered while I was there either. But, regardless it is still a wonderful event.

I struggle with my feelings about the F&W Festival. I absolutely refuse to eat off a trash can and all the different smells coming from the booths make me nauseated so we just haven't participated in them. Last year, I was disappointed they discontinued the Premium Package. I was all ready to purchase that. I am very interested in the special events, though, and hope they do have some of those open early on. I also am interested in the Parisian ones.

I did the premium package two years ago and although you didn't get as much as in previous years, I found it well worth it. But, the premium package areas were empty most of the time so I can see why Disney discontinued it. They do sell some nice plates that also hold glasses which work well, but are a bit bulky to carry around all day.

I have only done the Parisian breakfast and really enjoyed it and thought it was inexpensive for what you got (including unlimited mimosas). I am hoping for one of the French afternoon events this year.

UGH, waiting for the events to post is frustrating! I need to put in for time off for booking day morning!

I did the premium package two years ago and although you didn't get as much as in previous years, I found it well worth it. But, the premium package areas were empty most of the time so I can see why Disney discontinued it. They do sell some nice plates that also hold glasses which work well, but are a bit bulky to carry around all day.

I have only done the Parisian breakfast and really enjoyed it and thought it was inexpensive for what you got (including unlimited mimosas). I am hoping for one of the French afternoon events this year.

UGH, waiting for the events to post is frustrating! I need to put in for time off for booking day morning!

We are waiting for the French Afternoon too. It looked fabulous from last year.

Catching up on this thread...

A couple of reminders for all the new F&W attendees:
1. During registration you can call the dining line as well as the FEST line to make reservations. I usually have other's trying to call in with me; first answer is the one we use for reservations. Or, the year there were five of us, I assigned events for everyone to sign up for to try to get a better chance for getting everything. Have all your full event names, dates, locations, and costs prior to calling! The CMs on the phone are usually not familiar with the events and will need help finding them.
2. If you want to try everything (which I recommend) and are not alone, share! We usually share one item/drink between two to three people. If there is something we really like, we will go back later.
3. Besides the rides, the festival center, craft beer pavilion (if it returns), country shops, and special events are great ways to get out of the heat.

I struggle with my feelings about the F&W Festival. I absolutely refuse to eat off a trash can and all the different smells coming from the booths make me nauseated so we just haven't participated in them. Last year, I was disappointed they discontinued the Premium Package. I was all ready to purchase that. I am very interested in the special events, though, and hope they do have some of those open early on. I also am interested in the Parisian ones.

It's funny...I see the CMs wiping off the tops of the trash cans all the time, but I don't recall ever seeing anyone wiping off one of those cocktail tables they have near the booths. So I think the trash cans may be cleaner than the tables!

I might actually book the premium package this year if they do it again. Maybe they'll re-vamp it and try again. But truthfully, it would be more valuable if the premium areas were open on the weekends instead of just Monday-Thursday like they were in the past. The booths aren't really very busy weekdays so there aren't any long lines to wait in. I'd pay good money (and try F&W on a weekend) if they had the premium areas and CM runners on weekends.

I have never eaten off a trash can. So that is not an issue

Don't have a solution to that booth smells. Even with the Premium Package that's going to be an issue

My information from a former cm who is worked in F&W management is that the package was a huge money loser. She feit like it would have to more than double in price to make money and since that will probably reduce sales It might take more than that.

Last edited:
Last year, they had some nice tables set up in the Future World area. Brazil had a little garden area next to the kiosks with tables and chairs. The air-conditioned Odyssey building housed a craft beer section.

Will be in Epcot in September, wondering if this will take to days to try the best food or if it's manageable in one. No kiddos. Just me and the wife.
We did a day and a half and hit all the highlights we wanted, although we felt quite rushed. We planned ahead and knew exactly what we wanted to try from each booth. Also we took a break for a few hours in the afternoon on the full day (good thing, we were dehydrated and had consumed way too much sugar!).

ETA: in case I didn't make clear- yes, you can do it in 1 day but you might truly regret it. I'd give it 2.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter